50 replies to this topic

#21 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Good lord Rowe. He's killing this team today.

#22 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Think we should change QBs? :lol:
@levineps

#23 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Too soon!! ;)

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

That 2nd pick of the 2nd Quarter was just forced. Had yardage available in-front of him on the ground. Needed to score there. Rowe had 27 attempts in the 1st half. I get throwing to open up the running game, but giving him 27 attempts in the 1st half is ridiculous.

#25 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Maybe he can kick?

#26 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

That 2nd pick of the 2nd Quarter was just forced. Had yardage available in-front of him on the ground. Needed to score there. Rowe had 27 attempts in the 1st half. I get throwing to open up the running game, but giving him 27 attempts in the 1st half is ridiculous.

The first pick was inexcusable though. Even if he just takes the sack there you still preserve field position and possibly keep it a 1-score game. As someone suggested several days ago, if I'm Locksley I would have installed a wildcat package with Diggs, just to try and get the ball in his hands.

#27 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

four down territory here, don't even think of kicking it?
@levineps

#28 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

four down territory here, don't even think of kicking it?

Absolutely.

#29 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

God I hate ESPN3. Totally missed that TD play. The ACC needs to do better.

#30 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

God I hate ESPN3. Totally missed that TD play. The ACC needs to do better.

It's the 5th conference of the Big Five(now that the Big East isn't considered a "big conference" any more), don't think the interest for BC/MD game is there except for the diehards.
@levineps

#31 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Craddock didn't even get to kick the field goal. Confidence is at an all-time low for him.
@Langley486

#32 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

It's the 5th conference of the Big Five(now that the Big East isn't considered a "big conference" any more), don't think the interest for BC/MD game is there except for the diehards.

I still think they could have done better. John Swofford is great when it comes to expansion/realignment issues. TV, not so much. He jumped on ESPN's first offer too fast. The other conferences all have multiple broadcast partners that put their games on TV, but not the ACC (Raycom doesn't count because that's a sublicensing agreement between them and ESPN, ACC has no role in that). And as for ESPN, this is about as shoddy and unprofessional as it gets. From announcers who can't get simple names correct to a horrible internet feed. Worldwide-leader my ass.

#33 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Nice little swing here for Maryland after being down 13-0. Marylands defense is completely unreal. They are lights out, and you may see some of these guys shooting up draft boards. Most notably, Kenny Tate, Demetrius Hartsfield, Darin Drakeford, Joe Vellano, Aj Francis, Dexter McDougall, Eric Franklin and the list goes on. These players have been great.
@Langley486

#34 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I still think they could have done better. John Swofford is great when it comes to expansion/realignment issues. TV, not so much. He jumped on ESPN's first offer too fast. The other conferences all have multiple broadcast partners that put their games on TV, but not the ACC (Raycom doesn't count because that's a sublicensing agreement between them and ESPN, ACC has no role in that). And as for ESPN, this is about as shoddy and unprofessional as it gets. From announcers who can't get simple names correct to a horrible internet feed. Worldwide-leader my ass.

Could be worse, 5 years ago this game wouldn't even be televised, thanks to ESPN3, you got this atleast. You think ESPN seriously cares about these games? Add an ACC Network?

Here's an idea, Maryland football continues to improve, you won't have to worry about this "problem."
@levineps

#35 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Could be worse, 5 years ago this game wouldn't even be televised, thanks to ESPN3, you got this atleast. You think ESPN seriously cares about these games? Add an ACC Network?

Here's an idea, Maryland football continues to improve, you won't have to worry about this "problem."

No ESPN doesn't care, they've made that quite apparent. The deal could at least have given games like this back to the schools. They could then sell it to RSNs. I'm sure CSN would love to be showing this game in the Baltimore/DC area, and the broadcast quality would show it.

#36 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

No ESPN doesn't care, they've made that quite apparent. The deal could at least have given games like this back to the schools. They could then sell it to RSNs. I'm sure CSN would love to be showing this game in the Baltimore/DC area, and the broadcast quality would show it.

And being the noon game, we wouldn't hear any whining about how the game had to be played for some FCS action :D
@levineps

#37 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Anyone else nervous with all these runs from Rowe?
@levineps

#38 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Nice little swing here for Maryland after being down 13-0. Marylands defense is completely unreal. They are lights out, and you may see some of these guys shooting up draft boards. Most notably, Kenny Tate, Demetrius Hartsfield, Darin Drakeford, Joe Vellano, Aj Francis, Dexter McDougall, Eric Franklin and the list goes on. These players have been great.

The downside is that graduation will hit the defense hard after the season. There'll be a lot of inexperience on that side of the ball next year.

#39 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Finally got the lead. Defense needs to keep the pressure on.

#40 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

There is always a Stefon Diggs moment every game. Man, what an addition he has been.
@Langley486

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=