#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 May 2022 - 11:39 AM

I think the Ravens did remarkably well creating options at numerous positions, while also getting potential star talent with their first 4 picks.

They clearly had a plan in the 4th, which was add an OT, draft CB depth, add TE weapons to attack the middle of the field, all spots everyone mentioned as area's of needs.  I think what none of us saw was them drafting Sam Koch's replacement.  The Ravens have been the NNFL's  gold standard on identifying kickers.  They clearly had Stout at the top of their list.  Maybe they should have taken Austin, but they worked they did their homework and took Stout.  I have no problem with that..  .

@mikeghg

#22 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 12:39 PM

There are some decent free agents still available that could serve as depth and short-term stop-gaps.

Edge - Clowney / Pierre-Paul / Houston / Dunlap / Ingram / Kerrigan

CB - Bouye / Jenkins / Harris / Fuller

WR - Jones / Landry / Fuller / OBJ (doubtful)

Clowney probably isn't possible unless they create cap space, but he along with one of the corners and Landry would make me feel pretty damn good about the remaining weaknesses. I'm ok with the LB depth if you figure they're going to run more dime like they did two years ago, and get three safeties on the field regularly.

I'd say bringing back Houston, singing a discount corner who can play outside, and rolling with what you have at WR is the more realistic avenue. They're clearly going back to an offense with more TEs on the field like 2019, and you figure out what you've got with the young WRs on the team.

If they do address WR though, Landry makes a ton of sense, but Will Fuller is also an interesting option to me. He'd be another Sammy Watkins scenario with a concerning injury history, but if you can bring him in cheap, he's super talented and would be the burner deep threat replacement for Hollywood. But built better.

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this

#23 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 06 May 2022 - 03:02 PM

I've heard rumbings about Julio Jones to Baltimore.  Jones can still be productive if he can stay on the field.

Same applies to Landry to be honest.  I think Landry has less talent, while Jones is less likely to stay on the field.  They probably balance out.

#24 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 03:38 PM

Jones I'm a little scared of two years of injuries and the age. Landry isn't what he used to be but he was always supposed to be a good clubhouse guy and seemed like a "plays like a Raven" type of guy. He's the same age Boldin was when the Ravens got him, kind of feels to me like it could be the same kind of acquisition. Of course, you have to convince a FA WR to come to Roman's offense.

A week ago it seemed like a foregone conclusion he was going back to the Browns after the draft, but this Browns reporter tweeted today:

Brad Stainbrook

Free agent WR Jarvis Landry has not heard from the #Browns as of late following the team drafting two WRs in the NFL Draft, per a league source. I’m told another team in the AFC North: the Baltimore Ravens, have expressed interest in Landry since the draft ended.

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,341 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 03:43 PM

I'd love Landry.  He runs great routes. He's not going to be a diva.  Historically he's been durable.  (12 games last year, but after returning to the lineup in October, he stayed on the field.) 

Not going to cost a ton, still not 30. 

You wouldn't be signing him to be 2015-17 Landry, but you could sign him thinking he's '18-'20 Landry, and that would add a very productive vet to your group. 

And if he has a chip on his shoulder for Cleveland, all the better. 

• PrimeTime likes this

#26 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 May 2022 - 04:09 PM

By bolstering the OLine and picking 2 TEs, I think we're signaling that we're turning back the clock to 2019. Also, in all likelihood, the lion's share of the targets will be going to Andrews and Bateman. As long as a veteran WR is good with that, I don't have a particular preference who we bring in. We just need someone with reliable hands for the 40ish targets they will get.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#27 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 06 May 2022 - 04:11 PM

I'd love Landry.  He runs great routes. He's not going to be a diva.  Historically he's been durable.  (12 games last year, but after returning to the lineup in October, he stayed on the field.) 

Not going to cost a ton, still not 30. 
You wouldn't be signing him to be 2015-17 Landry, but you could sign him thinking he's '18-'20 Landry, and that would add a very productive vet to your group. 
And if he has a chip on his shoulder for Cleveland, all the better. 

Surprised that Landry hasn't signed yet. Physically, I think he'd be a really good fit in Baltimore but I feel like he might have a bit too much diva in him to play in a run heavy offense. Especially if he designs on getting one last payday.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 May 2022 - 04:20 PM

There are some decent free agents still available that could serve as depth and short-term stop-gaps.

Edge - Clowney / Pierre-Paul / Houston / Dunlap / Ingram / Kerrigan

CB - Bouye / Jenkins / Harris / Fuller

WR - Jones / Landry / Fuller / OBJ (doubtful)

Clowney probably isn't possible unless they create cap space, but he along with one of the corners and Landry would make me feel pretty damn good about the remaining weaknesses. I'm ok with the LB depth if you figure they're going to run more dime like they did two years ago, and get three safeties on the field regularly.

I'd say bringing back Houston, singing a discount corner who can play outside, and rolling with what you have at WR is the more realistic avenue. They're clearly going back to an offense with more TEs on the field like 2019, and you figure out what you've got with the young WRs on the team.

If they do address WR though, Landry makes a ton of sense, but Will Fuller is also an interesting option to me. He'd be another Sammy Watkins scenario with a concerning injury history, but if you can bring him in cheap, he's super talented and would be the burner deep threat replacement for Hollywood. But built better.

Good post.  Will Fuller intrigues me.  He is always hurt, but  in 21 he caught 53 balls and averaged 16.6.  If he could stay on the field and gain LJ's trust he could fill Hollywood's role.  I was surprised that he is only 28.

I think Julio is done, so pass there.and I don't think they touch OBJ for a number of reasons.(he blew out his Knee in the SB.  Is he even close to healthy.

My receiver list would be Landry, Fuller or go with what we have.  I think DD and Proche can be good.

I think we re-sign Houston.  He seems like a good mentor to Ojabo and Oweh.  Maybe MacDonald gets more out of him.

All the corners seem to have struggled a bit last year.  Maybe bringing Kyle to his hometown rejuvenates him some.

• Bmore Irish likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=