592 replies to this topic

#101 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 01:30 PM

If Lamar has not signed by the draft, their first pick should be a quarterback if any of the top guys are available. Pretend Lamar doesn't exist.

If the Ravens stay at No. 14, they won't be.

#102 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 March 2023 - 10:17 AM

Seth Emerson

News: Jalen Carter has entered a deal with Athens-Clarke County solicitors, per his lawyer. Carter has pled no contest and will receive 12 months probation, pay a $1,000 fine, perform 80 hours community service and finish a driving course. Carter will receive no jail time.

#103 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 16 March 2023 - 10:18 AM

While his legal troubles may be behind him, he did not have a good day at his pro day yesterday. 9 pounds heavier than at the combine and couldn’t finish drills due to cramping.

#104 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,994 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 10:44 AM

Seth Emerson

News: Jalen Carter has entered a deal with Athens-Clarke County solicitors, per his lawyer. Carter has pled no contest and will receive 12 months probation, pay a $1,000 fine, perform 80 hours community service and finish a driving course. Carter will receive no jail time.

Its such a fucking joke how non-seriously we as a country take driving dangerously and/or drunk.  This guy should be in prison for some years and never be allowed to drive a car again.  But so should so many others.

Guess in some regard this is still one of the better results in terms of drunken/reckless driving, though, the selfish morons only killed themselves and not devastate the lives of any innocent bystanders like in the cases Henry Ruggs or Scott Erickson or Andy Reid's son.  Unless the player in the backseat of the car that died didn't wanna be there, I guess.  Still, if we had harsher penalties for everyone involved, even when we get lucky and nobody is killed, I think we'd see a lot less ridiculous drunk driving and speeding.

#105 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 11:34 AM

Its such a fucking joke how non-seriously we as a country take driving dangerously and/or drunk.  This guy should be in prison for some years and never be allowed to drive a car again.  But so should so many others.

Guess in some regard this is still one of the better results in terms of drunken/reckless driving, though, the selfish morons only killed themselves and not devastate the lives of any innocent bystanders like in the cases Henry Ruggs or Scott Erickson or Andy Reid's son.  Unless the player in the backseat of the car that died didn't wanna be there, I guess.  Still, if we had harsher penalties for everyone involved, even when we get lucky and nobody is killed, I think we'd see a lot less ridiculous drunk driving and speeding.

I'm sure some of the leniency came from him being a star athlete at University of Georgia, the county's largest employer.

#106 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,313 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 08:25 AM

CBS Sports: 2023 NFL Mock Draft 2.0: Four quarterbacks land in top 6 picks, plus more results from CBS Sports HQ live mock

https://www.cbssport...ock-draft/live/

#107 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 March 2023 - 07:44 PM

BSL: 2023 NFL Draft: Jaxon Smith-Njigba

https://baltimorespo...n-smith-njigba/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@MikeFastNFL

#108 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,313 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 08:13 AM

The Ringer: The Post-Free Agency NFL Mock Draft

#109 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 12:50 PM

At this point I'm operating under the assumption that they will need a quarterback in round 1. Even if they don't trade jackson, I don't expect him to play, on the franchise tag, and I think that relationship may be fractured enough that trading him might be an inevitability, even if it doesn't happen this year. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what it feels like right now.

Until he signs a deal, I'm pretending he doesn't exist, and isn't on the roster, and that means probably taking a QB with your first pick

Lolz. Prob shouldnt make that assumption. In fact it would be a very bad decision. Hes not signed so lets reach for the next best QB at 23. My lord is this bad logic

#110 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 12:52 PM

Jones and Addison seem like solid guys though.Both can work the slot. Lamar loves the middle of the field. Think both are good fits

#111 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 02:09 PM

Lolz. Prob shouldnt make that assumption. In fact it would be a very bad decision. Hes not signed so lets reach for the next best QB at 23. My lord is this bad logic

They will absolutely take a QB with possible upside this year, whether it's in round 1 or not. Lamar can't be relied upon.

#112 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 02:15 PM

I have zero doubt they take Stetson Bennett in the latter rounds, if he is available. Who would have better intel than his former OC. Orrrrrrrr, perhaps Monken knows he got the best Stetson will ever provide and tells the Ravens to stay away…doubt it. He is a viable backup.

#113 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 04:31 PM

They will absolutely take a QB with possible upside this year, whether it's in round 1 or not. Lamar can't be relied upon.

Saying they will draft a QB this year is a long way from saying they probably should draft one at 23. If hes still under team control or likely to be under team control its a horrible idea to draft 1 in the first. Even if the guy is a legit top 30 prospect its not a good idea. Its especially bad if its not a 1st round graded guy. I havent looked into the draft past the top 4 QBs all of whom will be gone by 23. I doubt another guy is close to being worthy of going 23.

Second, saying they will draft a QB with upside is as subjective as it gets. You could sell any player drafted as having upside. I seriously doubt it will be in the first 3 rounds unless Lamar is traded or signs elsewhere. I doubt it will be in the 4th either. So if we are gonna pretend a 5th rounder or later has upside go for it.

#114 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 04:38 PM

Saying they will draft a QB this year is a long way from saying they probably should draft one at 23 if hes still under team control or likely to be under teqm control. You were essentially saying they should just draft the best QB qvailqble at 23.

Second, while saying they will draft aQB with upside is as subjective as it gets I seriously doubt it will be in the first 3 rounds unless Lamar is traded or signs elsewhere and we let him go. I doubt it will be in the 4th either. So if we are gonna pretend a 5th rounder or later has upside go for it.

I’d look at Hendon Hooker in the 3rd expecting a redshirt year, but he’s been getting some 1st round mocks. I agree that a 5th or later is kinda pointless.

#115 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 04:46 PM

I’d look at Hendon Hooker in the 3rd expecting a redshirt year, but he’s been getting some 1st round mocks. I agree that a 5th or later is kinda pointless.

I just dont think they can go QB in the first 3 rounds if the Lamar situation is unclear or it is likely he will be back in '23. They have to use those picks at other positions.

On a seperate note I kinda like Hooker. Not at 23 though. Even if we 100% needed a QB Id need to be sold on drafting him at 23.

#116 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 06:02 PM

I'm sure they'd love to draft a QB as insurance at some point, but it's going to be difficult with only five draft picks and no 2nd rounder. Too many holes to fill that just aren't able to be addressed right now in FA.

Even if you're considering a player like Hooker in the 3rd, he's already 25. Almost exactly a year younger than Lamar. If Lamar's hypothetically playing here on the tag for two years then leaves, Hooker's getting two years to play on his rookie deal. Then he'll be 29 the first season of a new contract. Not great. Same goes for Stetson Bennett, who's older than Hooker.

It all just depends on the player and when they're available. Maybe the Ravens trade back at some point and acquire some more picks that make it more palatable to spend one on a QB who isn't going to play. Otherwise, I think you're looking at a 6th round flyer at best. Personally, I'd bet more on a UDFA if a player like Dorian Thompson-Robinson went undrafted. Tendering Huntley and having Brown on the roster probably tells you everything you need to know, though.

#117 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 06:58 PM

Since this year's crop is deep in cornerbacks, it wouldn't surprise me to see EDC trade the Ravens first round pick, get a second and an additional third rounder.

#118 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 10:46 AM

Boy this is an interesting comment to revisit. :)

#119 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 10:53 AM

Boy this is an interesting comment to revisit. :)

Any QB you're going to reach for at 23, likely is super over-valued at that spot. I'd imagine Stroud, Young, Richardson and Levis will be gone by 23. That means you're reaching for a day 2 or day 3 talent like Hooker, DRT, McKee ect in the first round. Which is about as horrible of an idea as possible.

#120 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:02 AM

Any QB you're going to reach for at 23, likely is super over-valued at that spot. I'd imagine Stroud, Young, Richardson and Levis will be gone by 23. That means you're reaching for a day 2 or day 3 talent like Hooker, DRT, McKee ect in the first round. Which is about as horrible of an idea as possible.

I actually believe they should trade down unless there is someone they truly love at that spot. I do believe their first pick should be a QB in that scenario, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=