135 replies to this topic

#41 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,639 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:38 AM

Wont be surprised if they added a receiver or TE today. We have to remember that Andrews is a #1 "receiver" in this league. Hes just not listed as a WR. People wanted to see Proche and Wallace get run last year. Step up. Now is your chance.

#42 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:41 AM

I'm still shocked. Must have been a lot going on behind the scenes for EDC to move Brown. Ballsy move that takes our big play WR away, and possibly alienates our franchise QB.

If EDC has shown nothing else, he has shown he has balls.

Hollywood wanted out, he got sent out.

• JStruds likes this
@mikeghg

#43 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:46 AM

Hamilton is versatile and with his size can match up against tight ends. I think he slots in at nickel for now where they have no one on the depth chart. 

I don't think they made WR a need. Bateman should be the focal point in that room. Duvernay, Proche, and Wallace are good. They get Andrews #1 WR production anyway.

Well said, I expect, we move the 3 safeties all over the field, and maybe for the first time in what seems to be forever, we can finally neutralize the opposing TE.

@mikeghg

#44 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:48 AM

Wont be surprised if they added a receiver or TE today. We have to remember that Andrews is a #1 "receiver" in this league. Hes just not listed as a WR. People wanted to see Proche and Wallace get run last year. Step up. Now is your chance.

The only thing I would say about those two stepping up is that this is a Super Bowl or bust season and the overall receiving core is weaker without HB! Have to replace him with a sure fire producer IMO, though I doubt it happens.

#45 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:50 AM

Hollywood is at the Cardinals draft party in AZ. So this was already a done deal it seems. 

Great job on keeping things quiet by all parties.  Evidently it was done for about a week.

@mikeghg

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:54 AM

I'd kick the tires on DeSean Jackson as a veteran to add to the roster.

#47 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:57 AM

Interesting.  It would probably be a low cost move.

@mikeghg

#48 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:58 AM

I assume that the Ravens told Lamar about the trade, when they spoke with him. So why tweet "WTF", if he already knew?

It's also interesting that Brown wanted to be traded, given the Ravens reputation for being a 1st rate organization. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#49 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:58 AM

What about Odell

#50 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:59 AM

I still am pretty damn surprised at how much they got for Hollywood.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#51 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:01 AM

What about Odell

I love Beckham and would happily take him, but he'd be more of a stretch run addition.  I think we'd want some help earlier on.  Not impossible to add both guys.  I also think he'd be much more expensive than Jackson, though there is a good chance he nets you a comp pick after the season if he leaves as a FA.

• Hooded Viper likes this

#52 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:06 AM

What about George Pickens in the 2nd??

Mack shuffling back and forth between threads

#53 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:10 AM

It's also interesting that Brown wanted to be traded, given the Ravens reputation for being a 1st rate organization.

He’s complained about the offense before. I imagine he believes he will put up better #s, which equals more FA money, in a different system.

At the same time I think his targets were inflated by being the default #1 and QB’s best buddy. Will he get the same targets on a more pass happy team but with Hopkins as clear #1 if healthy? Dunno.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#54 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:13 AM

What about George Pickens in the 2nd??

Mack shuffling back and forth between threads

I’m all for it if he’s on their board. Some people seem to think he’s some kind of sociopath or something. But they surely interviewed him and made up their own mind.

Julio Jones and Jarvis Landry also still available. Depends on price of course.

#55 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:18 AM

He’s complained about the offense before. I imagine he believes he will put up better #s, which equals more FA money, in a different system.

At the same time I think his targets were inflated by being the default #1 and QB’s best buddy. Will he get the same targets on a more pass happy team but with Hopkins as clear #1 if healthy? Dunno.

No one can blame him for wanting to be put into a system that will give him more opportunities, and a bigger contract. But it's this uniformed fan's opinion that Hollywood isn't an impact player.  

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#56 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:33 AM

No one can blame him for wanting to be put into a system that will give him more opportunities, and a bigger contract. But it's this uniformed fan's opinion that Hollywood isn't an impact player.

I think he got more crap than he sometimes deserved, for example his drop numbers were I believe pretty normal compared to other top WR. I like how he seemed to step up his game in the playoffs. But he also has some pretty big limitations due to size, like catch radius and YAC. And they weren’t going to pay him a big extension. Trade value was great. So I’m good with the trade as long as they do something to replace him.
  • weird-O likes this

#57 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:41 AM

I don't think he's going to impact the Cardinals offense all that much. He's a decent receiver who will put up decent numbers and maybe the occasional long ball but his YAC is very limited. I think he'll wind up in the 600-800 yard range and possibly stretch the field for Murray.
  • weird-O likes this

#58 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 10:27 AM

Interview with Brown. Didn’t like the system so he wasn’t happy.

Of course he was 10th in the league in targets.

https://youtu.be/nmrlATBR-4w

#59 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 10:44 AM

Hollywood Brown was an exceptionally exciting player and an ever present threat due to his excellent speed. He definitely had holes in his game, though, primarily the drops, aversion to hitting, and limited yards after catch. Bottom line, though, is that the Ravens weren't going to be able to pay him and he wanted out. In that situation, the team got great value for him. Good for him, good for the team.

#60 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 10:49 AM

That’s a good point. They did him no justice with his 6.9 yards per target. He isn’t elusive like Tyreek who catches a short ball and goes the distance sometimes. Straight line speed, or getting him open in the intermediate range so he only has a safety to beat is how you maximize his output.

There were 13 guys with more yards than him that caught less balls than him. He was getting beat up the way they used him, and he’s no big guy who can take the repeated hits. Far from it. He could barely finish the Rams game.

I’d bet there was a discussion end of the year where Brown wanted to see a change in his utilization. The Ravens think they didn’t misuse him (they did). So he said I’d like out then. They obliged.
@BSLMikeRandall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=