• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 08:51 PM

Ravens trade WR Marquise Brown and their second third-round pick (100 overall) to the Arizona Cardinals for the Cardinals' first-round pick (No. 23 overall).

#2 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 08:55 PM

Can't wait to hear the story here. Feel like with what WRs were getting paid, his 5th year option would be a great value. Wonder if there was a red flag here. He was misused this season. If Roman can't figure out how to maximize him, I guess this is one way to keep Roman from screwing this up. 

I'll certainly be glad to stop hearing about Lamar lobbying for Hollywood's jerk off cousin to come to town.

• Hooded Viper likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 08:56 PM

I'm still shocked. Must have been a lot going on behind the scenes for EDC to move Brown. Ballsy move that takes our big play WR away, and possibly alienates our franchise QB.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 08:57 PM

2021: 91 receptions, 1,008 yards, 6 TD's

His yards per catch dropped tremendously after October.

Maybe they were concerned about the cost to extend. 

Maybe they wanted to replace with a Rookie WR costing less.

But even if you weren't fully happy with Brown, he did seem to improve each year... and going into tonight, you had a very strong set of weapons, and currently you've stepped back.

Even if you get a WR with the 23rd overall pick, you are losing the experience. 

Still.. longer-term beyond '22, I think it was probably the right move.

#5 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:04 PM

Also the 3rd round pick, #100, was the comp pick for David Culley...who isn't employed anymore.

@BSLMikeRandall

#6 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:04 PM

Great. So not only do the Ravens not address a need in round one, they add receiver to the needs list. I am dumbfounded.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#7 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,882 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:06 PM

Ughhhhh. DeCosta is on my S list. How many years have we missed on WR in the draft? 

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:09 PM

I mean Brown is good but Im not giving him a big 2nd contract. Also says they not only like Bateman but Duvernay who looked good in his snaps last year. Can still bring in a vet.
  • NewMarketSean and BaltBird 24 like this

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,481 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, I don't think Brown is worth the extension he'll get. Maybe he puts up bigger numbers in Arizona's offense, but for the Ravens, he wasn't worth keeping beyond 2022, so may as well get what should be an impact player in exchange.

#10 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:13 PM

They got great value for Brown, who I'm sure everyone would be shocked if he became a problem come contract time. Not like WR contracts are getting absurd or anything. Wild card is Lamar. Send him a message though.
  • Mike B likes this

#11 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:15 PM

Great. So not only do the Ravens not address a need in round one, they add receiver to the needs list. I am dumbfounded.

Hamilton is versatile and with his size can match up against tight ends. I think he slots in at nickel for now where they have no one on the depth chart. 

I don't think they made WR a need. Bateman should be the focal point in that room. Duvernay, Proche, and Wallace are good. They get Andrews #1 WR production anyway.

• Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:15 PM

Team source on the thinking behind trading #Ravens WR Marquise Brown: "That was something he wanted in the end." #NewBeginnings for Brown. Lands in a good situation too in Arizona.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,886 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:16 PM

Great value. As long as they do something to address the position for some more depth before the season it's a great trade. Still fine even if they don't, IMO.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,286 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:18 PM

Great value. As long as they do something to address the position for some more depth before the season it's a great trade. Still fine even if they don't, IMO.

Think the really like Duvernay. I expect a vet in the mold of Watkins. Maybe want to give Proche and Wallace legit reps too

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:19 PM

And of course the RBs are back this year, and the production improves there as well. 

• Mike B and DuffMan like this

#16 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:22 PM

I could see that.

@JosinaAnderson

Team source on the thinking behind trading #Ravens WR Marquise Brown: "That was something he wanted in the end." #NewBeginnings for Brown. Lands in a good situation too in Arizona.

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:22 PM

He doesn't want to be here, don't want him here. At least he's NFC. No hard feelings. 

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike B like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:23 PM

He doesn't want to be here, don't want him here. At least he's NFC. No hard feelings. 

Yeah, anytime someone wants to moveon, they should.  Best for everyone.

#19 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:25 PM

Seemed weird that he was never at any of the workouts with Lamar. Makes sense to hear he didn’t want to be here.

#20 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 April 2022 - 09:27 PM

Agree completely with this.

I think it shows the kind of team they want to be. They've got Andrews, Bateman and the RB's back healthy. They're going to be a little more risk averse on offense IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=