1202 replies to this topic

#1061 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 05:40 PM

Guess Shanahan isn't even going to try to put someone in that can actually throw the ball. Philly is just going to line up and blitz 8 every play at this point. Just let CMC take direct snaps and actually try to pass it.

#1062 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,040 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 05:42 PM

So that last play with Hurts is the same play GRo called at the goal line against Cinci, however, our idiot backup QB tried to jump over the pile instead of driving forward and letting his RB’s push him into the end zone. Hurts ran it correctly Huntley…not so much!

No no you got it all wrong. Not only was it not Huntley's fault but that single call and the decision by Harbaugh to let it stand is grounds for a new head coach. :roll:

#1063 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,786 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 05:44 PM

I don't believe that Huntley freelanced. No way does he improv going over the top. Maybe it's an option and he read it wrong, but I don't believe that in the live playoff game is the very first time he ever tried going over the top on that play after two months of being the QB1 in practice. Roman designing a bad play or calling the play without eliminating that option is more believable to me than a backup QB going that far off script.

And yeah, allowing that playcall at that time is a massive negative for the coach. Enough to tip the scales. Its an outright lie to suggest I said it's a single event fireable offense on its own, but it is enough to shift the evaluation considering all the other plusses and minuses.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#1064 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 05:53 PM

Maybe it’s just me, but hard to enjoy Championship Sunday with SF being decimated by injury and Mahomes with a high ankle sprain. Definitely puts a damper on things. This has been a very boring game.

The injuries definitely hurt San Francisco, and particularly Brock Purdy, but I don't think the outcome would have been any different. The Eagles' offensive and defensive lines has been dominant. That's been the real difference.

#1065 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 06:00 PM

Things getting a little messy toward the end here. The Eagles need to be smart and not be goaded into anything stupid right now. The last thing they need now is have someone get hurt.

#1066 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 06:19 PM

So that last play with Hurts is the same play GRo called at the goal line against Cinci, however, our idiot backup QB tried to jump over the pile instead of driving forward and letting his RB’s push him into the end zone. Hurts ran it correctly Huntley…not so much!

Have to know your personnel... Hurts is a Pro Bowler and MVP finalist. Huntley is Huntley.

Have Gus slam it up in there with Ricard leading the way. Win or lose with your best players doing what they do best.

#1067 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 06:22 PM

Things getting a little messy toward the end here. The Eagles need to be smart and not be goaded into anything stupid right now. The last thing they need now is have someone get hurt.

That Trent Williams body slam was entertaining...

#1068 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 06:27 PM

It helped on that play that Philly's Oline got a massive push that blew the SF D back on it's heels.  The Ravens Oline wasn't close to doing that on the 100 yard fumble recovery.    

• mdrunning likes this

#1069 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 06:46 PM

BTW, I’m not condoning anything Roman did this season, but it was the same play called, just poor execution for certain, whether it was Huntley freelancing (Harbs basically called him out in the post game) or poor coaching.

#1070 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 07:06 PM

For a guy with a high ankle sprain, Mahomes is moving quite well.  

#1071 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 07:31 PM

For a guy with a high ankle sprain, Mahomes is moving quite well.

Amazing what 4-5 hours of treatment a day for a week can do. Anyone hear about LJ doing that?
  • cprenegade likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#1072 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,786 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 08:12 PM

Amazing what 4-5 hours of treatment a day for a week can do. Anyone hear about LJ doing that?

You've jumped the shark. But yes, they repeatedly said he was in the building doing all the work every week.
  • makoman likes this

#1073 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 29 January 2023 - 08:37 PM

You know, Burrow threw that in double coverage with both guys in tight. That's the difference between having Tee Higgins and Jamarr Chase as your WRs and having Devin Duvernay and Demarcus Robinson.
  • You Play to Win the Game and cprenegade like this

#1074 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 January 2023 - 08:41 PM

You know, Burrow threw that in double coverage with both guys in tight. That's the difference between having Tee Higgins and Jamarr Chase as your WRs and having Devin Duvernay and Demarcus Robinson.

Smith and Brown bailed out Hurts a few times today too.

#1075 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:05 PM

You've jumped the shark. But yes, they repeatedly said he was in the building doing all the work every week.

Hmmmm. I don’t buy it. Why was it a question of whether or not him sitting was contract related then?

I guess $200M+ would have made the swelling go down.
@BSLMikeRandall

#1076 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:27 PM

Seriously, they called the play dead and never waved it off.   Terrible officiating.  I would be pissed too if I were Cincinnati.  

#1077 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:29 PM

Seriously, they called the play dead and never waved it off. Terrible officiating. I would be pissed too if I were Cincinnati.

They showed an angle where one of the side judges was trying to wave it off. Just couldn’t hear the whistle at Arrowhead.
  • cprenegade likes this

#1078 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:31 PM

Meanwhile, the KC offense doesn't look so prolific with three of their top 4 WRs out, even with Travis Kelce out there. The supporting cast matters.

#1079 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:35 PM

I rewatched the debacle to figure out what happened. The head ref screwed it up. The original 3rd down play he SAID the game and play clock will start on my signal (after they stopped the play clock to respot the ball). But it was a stopped clock due to incomplete pass prior.

What he should have said was the play clock will start on my signal, the game clock will start on the snap.

Because he misspoke, they started the game clock on his signal, so basically he made it a do over because time ran off that shouldn't have... wow, what a gaffe.

#1080 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:36 PM

They showed an angle where one of the side judges was trying to wave it off. Just couldn’t hear the whistle at Arrowhead.

I saw that, I think there needs to be a better effort to make it known that the play was dead.  But, bad calls and mistakes like that are part of the game.  True winners don't use it as an excuse.  

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=