#262 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 06:10 PM

Does Kyler Murray suck a little?

Lemme just say this...If Kliff Kingsbury were Lamar's head coach these past few years, he wouldn't be in an argument over guaranteed money. 

#263 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 06:36 PM

Wink being Wink right now for the Giants. Titans 1st down near midfield, one TO left for TEN, 23 seconds left and TEN needs to get in FG range. Think they'll run the ball on first and have to probably burn that last TO? Probably not. Tannehill is probably going to look down field a bit and outside the hashes. So you might want to play two or three deep and try to force something underneath and shorter.

Nope, not Wink. Giants safety wearing #36 happens to be named Tony Jefferson. At the snap he's not deep or to either side... But he's playing closer to the LOS in the middle of the field. Ball is snapped, and SAFETY Tony Jefferson sort of blitzes but doesn't fully commit. He stops at the line and sort of bounces around looking like he's spying the QB or playing a handoff.

Tannehill hits his WR is stride in single coverage down the left sideline to get in FG range. Jefferson is dancing around pointlessly behind the D line, basically serving zero purpose.

Tennessee missed the last second FG because everyone missed everything today, so Wink is off the hook. But I won't miss Wink.
  • BaltBird 24, Mike in STL and mdrunning like this

#264 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:09 PM

Tampa leading Dallas 12-3 in the 3rd.

#265 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:27 PM

Dallas sucks.

#266 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:29 PM

TB has to feel pretty good about their chances in the NFC.

#267 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:42 PM

Dallas lacks playmakers on offense.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#268 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:27 PM

Dallas lacks playmakers on offense.

They lack discipline too. And an offensive backfield that can block. Also their Run D seems to be shoddy. 

But then again, the Bucs are really good. 

#269 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 12:06 AM

Dallas looks bad, but they play in the NFC east and the NFC conference.  11-6 will put you in the conversation for div winner.  10-7 probably guarantees WC.  If you sniff 12 wins that's probably Home field.  In the AFC it probably takes 13-14 wins for home field and at least 11 for WC.  

#270 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 12:22 AM

Looks like Dak Prescott will be out for quite a spell after suffering a thumb injury on Sunday. 

And did anyone notice how thin Brady looks? A few more pounds and he'll weigh less than Giselle.

#271 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 07:50 AM

The Ringer: Winners and Losers of NFL Week 1

#272 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 08:00 AM

CBS Sports: NFL Week 1 overreactions and reality checks: Dak Prescott injury, Carson Wentz highlight wild opening Sunday

https://www.cbssport...opening-sunday/

#273 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 10:37 AM

I am very biased, but I've thought the Vikings have had a roster good enough to compete with GB the past few years and it just didn't come together.  After Zimmer was gone it seemed more and more evident that he had lost the players.  Not proclaiming the new coach a winner after 1 game but I wonder if just getting rid of Zimmer will give them a boost.

#274 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 September 2022 - 10:45 AM

I am very biased, but I've thought the Vikings have had a roster good enough to compete with GB the past few years and it just didn't come together. After Zimmer was gone it seemed more and more evident that he had lost the players. Not proclaiming the new coach a winner after 1 game but I wonder if just getting rid of Zimmer will give them a boost.

Rex Ryan said getting rid of Zimmer’s negativity was huge for them. Not sure if the Minnesota beat has been on that or not, but I just thought it was interesting.

#275 DerekTate

DerekTate

HOF

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 05:30 PM

BSL: 2022 NFL: Week 1 In Review

https://baltimorespo...ek-1-in-review/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#276 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 September 2022 - 10:35 PM

Denver paid a pretty hefty price, in both draft capital and contract money, for Russell Wilson to take them to the SB. And yet with just under a minute left and the ball just inside Seattle territory they elect to run the clock down and attempt what would have been the 2nd longest FG in NFL history (64 yards) instead of letting Wilson try to convert a 4th-and-5 and then use their timeouts to move closer and try a more manageable FG. I know NFL coaches all think they're the smartest people in every room, but I'd love to hear why Hackett believes he went with the best course of action.

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and makoman like this

#277 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 September 2022 - 05:35 AM

It was really dumb imo.

#278 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 05:50 AM

No offensive play after 1:11 left on the clock? Wow.

#279 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 06:57 AM

Good morning, all. This is a Justin Tucker and Lamar Jackson appreciation post. That is all :)

@MikeFastNFL

#280 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 06:58 AM

Denver paid a pretty hefty price, in both draft capital and contract money, for Russell Wilson to take them to the SB. And yet with just under a minute left and the ball just inside Seattle territory they elect to run the clock down and attempt what would have been the 2nd longest FG in NFL history (64 yards) instead of letting Wilson try to convert a 4th-and-5 and then use their timeouts to move closer and try a more manageable FG. I know NFL coaches all think they're the smartest people in every room, but I'd love to hear why Hackett believes he went with the best course of action.

Unreal. I truly wonder if owners put prospective HCs through a hypothetical clock management scenario during the interview process. Even if Tucker was in that situation, I still go with your star QB from that far out. 

@MikeFastNFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=