623 replies to this topic

#581 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 03:49 PM

The Missouri RB Badie is getting comps of Austin Ecker, a shifty, speedster who excels at pass catching…per Z. Anyone know if that is true??

#582 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,501 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 April 2022 - 04:32 PM

So no Alabama players taken eh?

#583 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,228 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 04:34 PM

https://forum.baltim...vis-cb-alabama/

#584 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 05:51 PM

It is kinda funny they traded our best WR and didn't draft any. EDC knows how to trigger the fanbase.

I'm not saying I disagree with trading Brown, for the record.

#585 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 06:18 PM

It is kinda funny they traded our best WR and didn't draft any. EDC knows how to trigger the fanbase.

I'm not saying I disagree with trading Brown, for the record.

We’ll never know but I have a hunch they had someone in mind at 14 or 23 but he was already gone and/or they didn’t expect Hamilton to be there as BPA.

I thought I read that EDC said he had receivers in mind (not saying round 1) but they went a half round earlier than he expected.

#586 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,107 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:06 PM

We’ll never know but I have a hunch they had someone in mind at 14 or 23 but he was already gone and/or they didn’t expect Hamilton to be there as BPA.

I thought I read that EDC said he had receivers in mind (not saying round 1) but they went a half round earlier than he expected.

I respect the dedication to taking the bpa. They can probably find a vet who can provide similar production that a rookie would this year and reload next year if needed.

WRs are less important on this team than most, in part because of how prolific the tight end usage is and also because of how much they run. Defense and OL were much bigger priorities and they addressed both in spades.
  • Mike B likes this

#587 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:12 PM

I respect the dedication to taking the bpa. They can probably find a vet who can provide similar production that a rookie would this year and reload next year if needed.

WRs are less important on this team than most, in part because of how prolific the tight end usage is and also because of how much they run. Defense and OL were much bigger priorities and they addressed both in spades.

Well, Jarvis Landry and OBJ are available...

I think the receiver board was pretty picked over by round 2. Hell in the first 20 picks there were 6 picked and the 2 big trades (Hollywood and AJ Green)

#588 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,638 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:18 PM

I think the receiver board was pretty picked over by round 2. Hell in the first 20 picks there were 6 picked and the 2 big trades (Hollywood and AJ Green)

I would not be surprised to see us bring Landry in for a look the next week or so.

@mikeghg

#589 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:20 PM

Yeah I saw someone say that by time round 4 came along none of the WRs left were really any better as prospects than Wallace or Proche so might as well just develop them. No idea if that’s true but it makes sense.

Hopefully with all these WR picks there will be some cuts of somebody adequate. Still need to fill the room.

#590 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,107 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:32 PM

Totally on board with Landry. No thanks to OBJ.

#591 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,107 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:40 PM

In listening to the presser after day 3, it sounds like they might line Likely up at WR. They were impressed with his playmaking and believe he can succeed at multiple positions.

#592 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,107 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:45 PM

Also said their decision not to draft a receiver wasn't for lack of effort. The run of receivers in round 1 factored into that, but they also didn't view the receiver class as being that strong. They tried for a few guys but they went much earlier than anticipated (by as much as a round to a round and a half).
  • makoman likes this

#593 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,107 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:47 PM

They also really like Tylan Wallace, as well as their other receivers. Said they would have taken Wallace a round and a half earlier in theory. They don't seem super concerned about WR.

#594 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 08:38 PM

You know as Malik Willis dropped out of the first two rounds I almost would have picked him in the third with pick #76 instead of going for a DL out of UCONN.   I know a lot of people would have called it a wasted pick when you already have a young franchise QB, but who knows where that is going.  

I don't think Tyler Huntley is really a starting option waiting in the wings if it doesn't work out with Lamar Jackson or Jackson would get hurt.  Willis has a huge upside, but is raw.  Maybe he is a third string inactive this year and learns the offense from Lamar.  Next year he moves up to 2nd string if Lamar is franchised.  Worst case(or best case), Lamar signs a deal and you keep him as a backup, showcasing him in preseasons and then do what NE did with Garrapolo, maybe get back a high draft pick or a couple of picks.  Of course it also would have risked pissing Jackson off even more.  He didn't seem too happy with the Brown trade.  

I think Tennessee got a steal picking him at #86.  He sits this year behind Tannehill and then, if he's ready, he takes over in 2023.  

I mean, some people had Willis going in the top 10 either to Detroit or Carolina.  If his talent truly warrants being a top 10 pick, getting him that far down the board is like finding a lost treasure!

#595 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,476 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 April 2022 - 08:47 PM

Totally on board with Landry. No thanks to OBJ.

FA WRs and the Ravens are like FA starting pitchers and the Orioles, they steer clear unless there are no other options. Both Landry and Beckham should have options.

#596 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,638 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 April 2022 - 09:26 PM

FA WRs and the Ravens are like FA starting pitchers and the Orioles, they steer clear unless there are no other options. Both Landry and Beckham should have options.

Not sure.  They did try Shuster last year.

@mikeghg

#597 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,476 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 09:58 PM

Not sure.  They did try Shuster last year.

I was saying the FAs are the ones not interested in the team, not the other way around. (though at least the Ravens have tried)

#598 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,476 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 10:02 PM

https://forum.baltim...vis-cb-alabama/

They also plan to sign WR Slade Bolden.

#599 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 10:35 PM

Any FA WR signing in Baltimore would be doing so only for the money.  The Ravens have one of the least passing friendly systems in the league and one of the best TE's in the league.  It's pretty much the entire reason why Hollywood wanted out.  Any WR has to know this.  And I would think any of them would do their due diligence by talking to Brown.  If they are signing with the Ravens it's either because they are being offered money they can't get elsewhere, or their only other option is bagging groceries at the local supermarket!

#600 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 30 April 2022 - 11:43 PM

Does anyone think Landry is getting WR1 or even WR2 money? Because i cant see it, and i think that makes him a legit possibility for us. Hes definitely a WR2 here, and yeah thats basically a WR3+ elsewhere, but maybe thats enough. I think hes a bit similar to Watkins in terms of situation. Good receiver, recently injured, has something to prove. And he's a pretty good scheme fit as a slot guy that can fight for balls.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=