623 replies to this topic

#541 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 10:44 AM

I would love to get Thibodeaux.  I watched him on NFL network in studio and I was blown away by how composed and articulate he was.  Reminded me of Von Miller.   That guy has star written all over him and brings a much-needed swagger. 

With that said, I doubt he will be there.  If someone doesn't fall, I think a trade back will happen.  I just hope they come away with a true first round talent.  Davis or Penning plus another pick would be sweet.  I'm ok with Davis at 14 if no trade develops.    

#542 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 April 2022 - 01:22 PM

I have a theory that with the Queen pick, it was a weird draft year and EDC went with measurables because there was limited game footage due to COVID.  With the Oweh pick, obviously his measurables were off the charts, but his game footage was pretty good and EDC was likely buying pressures and pass rush win rates, which Oweh did well in despite not getting the QB in the dirt.  Also that was a late first rounder, when its a bit more of a crapshoot.

Davis is all measurables and no film.  He's really the antithesis to the typical Ravens pick.

#543 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 April 2022 - 01:44 PM

I have a theory that with the Queen pick, it was a weird draft year and EDC went with measurables because there was limited game footage due to COVID.  

I think you have your timeline mixed up. Queen was drafted in 2020, which means the film was from his 2019 season when LSU went 15-0. I doubt there was any lack of game film on him. Oweh would have been the one with more limited game film because the Big Ten didn't start the 2020 season until mid-October and I think PSU only played 9 games.

• BSLChrisStoner and Hooded Viper like this

#544 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 02:02 PM

I think you have your timeline mixed up. Queen was drafted in 2020, which means the film was from his 2019 season when LSU went 15-0. I doubt there was any lack of game film on him. Oweh would have been the one with more limited game film because the Big Ten didn't start the 2020 season until mid-October and I think PSU only played 9 games.

If I recall correctly Patrick Queen didn’t start out as the starter at middle linebacker. And he didn’t start the year before so there was only a few games in 2019 for the film.

#545 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 April 2022 - 02:08 PM

If I recall correctly Patrick Queen didn’t start out as the starter at middle linebacker. And he didn’t start the year before so there was only a few games in 2019 for the film.

I think you're correct that he may not have been the starter at the beginning of the season, but he did appear in all 15 games LSU played, and played enough that he was the team's 3rd leading tackler that season.

• Hooded Viper likes this

#546 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 03:14 PM

4 starts in 2018. 11 starts in 2019.

• Hooded Viper likes this

#547 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 03:17 PM

A lot of the smoke is starting to clear. Philly trying to move into the top 10. And Houston is trying to move from 13 back into the top 10. Philly super high on Thibodeaux. And Houston is said to covet Neal and Stingley. But Seattle apparently has Stingley as one of their top guys on their board, so Houston is trying to jump in front of Seattle.

I think it is becoming pretty clear that the fall of Thibodeaux and Stingley were wildly exaggerated.

I think the top 10 locks are becoming more and more clear. IMO, Walker, Hutchinson, Neal, Ekwonu, Gardner, Thibodeaux, Cross and Stingley are for sure going in the top 10. And I've seen that ATL loves Drake London. That would be 9 of the top 10 picks. My guess would be Hamilton will be Seattle's pick if Stingley and Thibodeaux are gone.

At that point I feel as though Washington goes with Wilson. Minnesota goes Johnson or McDuffie. And I'd bet whichever one doesn't go 12, goes at 13. Which, I think would line the Ravens up with Penning or Davis.

#548 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 06:53 PM

No spoilers

#549 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 28 April 2022 - 07:05 PM

Gonna miss most of the draft tonight due to a prior commitment. I expect this to be one of the most interesting first rounds in a long time.

#550 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,520 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 07:10 PM

What a draft!!!
  • Biggsy likes this

#551 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 07:14 PM

What a draft!!!

Hard to give them anything but an A, regardless of what they do the rest of the way. The 3 guys we've selected all have multiple all-pro season type of potential.

#552 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 April 2022 - 07:17 PM

This organization needed blue chip talent very badly and have gotten 3 guys who fit that bill. Great draft so far.

#553 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 07:32 PM

I was telling a friend that I'm having a hard time envisioning a realistically better top 3 picks.

#554 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:45 PM

This organization needed blue chip talent very badly and have gotten 3 guys who fit that bill. Great draft so far.

Ojabo's the pick that will have people scratching their heads as to why so many teams passed on his talent just because of his achilles injury. My guess is he'll be a pro bowl starting edge guy for much of the next decade. 

#555 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,057 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:50 PM

Come on, Nakobe Dean....

#556 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,670 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:55 PM

Its certainly a draft that makes the fans happy. Well at least most fans. We will see how it plays out in a few years. No denying Ojabu's potential

#557 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:56 PM

Come on, Nakobe Dean....

If they get Dean in the 3rd I will lose my mind.

#558 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,520 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:08 PM

They get the athletic def tackle. Nice.

#559 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:10 PM

Filled a big need right there. Gotta do some work on WR and CB tomorrow
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#560 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:13 PM

I'm good with Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=