5723 replies to this topic

#5201 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,434 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:55 AM

I know you love the guy but it’s incredibly convenient and naive to put all of this on the union. He’s a grown man. IMO you’re off base here. But do you. I’m not getting into a back and forth on it.

Lol. If he is traded and and or signs an offer sheet for less tham fully guaranteed then Ill say this was more about Lamar being selfish and or wanting out of BMore. He thinks he is fighting for something bigger. Saying he is his own man is so fucking easy not being in his shoes.

#5202 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,434 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:57 AM

You don't throw away an asset with value just because the asset is delusional. I'd rather make him sit out for the next two years than let him walk.

Thats fine but thats less than a 3rd rounder and it ruins your cap for 2 years. Thats the Ravens doing that to themselves. They again next year can choose to let him go for a comp pick. Again, its an easy question. You know how unreasonable and selfish Lamar is and how hes not gonna get a fully guaranteed deal but you want the high compensation for him. Youre now gonna get mad and more upset at the unreasonable dillusional man you knew he was for "torpedping" the Ravens season. GTFO. Thats on you for being dumb.

#5203 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:58 AM

Why would the Jets or any other team trade for him when they can have him now without a trade?

The Ravens don’t have to trade him. Half of me now wants them to be as spiteful and keep him on the roster! They still hold all the cards.

#5204 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:59 AM

Define not good.

Not good enough to get this team to a SB.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5205 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:00 PM

Thats fine but thats less than a 3rd rounder and it ruins your cap. Again, its an easy question. You know how unreasonable and selfish Lamar is and how hes not gonna get a fully guaranteed deal so how were you going to get the proper compensation for him??

It's more about not giving in. I'm not gonna give a toddler his toy because he throws a tantrum, and I'm not giving Lamar up for nothing because he whines and cries. I know he's worth something and eventually someone will trade for him. If they don't, fine. Maybe by this time next year he realizes he's being an idiot and backs off of his demands. Whether it's this year or next, he's bringing back something.

#5206 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:00 PM

Lol. If he is traded and and or signs an offer sheet for less tham fully guaranteed then Ill say this was more about Lamar being selfish and or wanting out of BMore. He thinks he is fighting for something bigger. Saying he is his own man is so fucking easy not being in his shoes.

LOL. No, he's not. When has he ever made this about those that come after him getting their due? If he expressed that, and wants to be the first one through the wall that becomes the bloodiest, I can respect that. But he has not once made it about others. He's a greedy selfish dumbass getting bad advice and taking it as gospel. He wants more than what one stupid team gave one stupid player. Ignoring that the Ravens offered him more guaranteed than the every other quarterback better than him, and worse. 

It has nothing to do with standing up for the Burrows and the Herberts of the world about to get theirs.

• bmore_ken and Slidemaster like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5207 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:01 PM

Just want to point out, if the Ravens don't get the compensation before the draft, or it's less than, they don't have to draft a QB this season. They can get a dirt cheap QB in FA, not that it'll take you to the SB, but do you expect settling for a QB later in the draft to do the same? Can bridge the gap and you draft your QB next season. When Manning left the Colts they sucked for a season then drafted Luck. His early retirement was a surprise. Otherwise one year isn't the end of the world. 

We give the Orioles a 5 year leash of being complete dog doodoo. We can give the Ravens 1, and chalk it up to this unusual situation, and not losing on purpose.  

The problem is the roster is good enough otherwise that even with a mediocre QB at the helm, we're a 7 to 10 win football team still. Not nearly bad enough to get a high enough draft pick to make a difference. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5208 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:02 PM

Dude he sent the tweet at the exact time Harbs started his press conference, that’s as spiteful as hell and now I have no doubt he purposefully sat out the playoffs which is a middle finger to his team, fans and more importantly his teammates! I don’t want the guy back! Trade his ass off to whoever will give us the best return and be done with him.

#5209 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,434 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:03 PM

It's more about not giving in. I'm not gonna give a toddler his toy because he throws a tantrum, and I'm not giving Lamar up for nothing because he whines and cries. I know he's worth something and eventually someone will trade for him. If they don't, fine. Maybe by this time next year he realizes he's being an idiot and backs off of his demands. Whether it's this year or next, he's bringing back something.

So the selfish unreasonable man you know he is and has been is going to come to his senses. Got it. And if that selfish and unreasonable man doesnt come to his senses and you had an out to completely be done with him its still his fault and not yours that you didnt take that out.

#5210 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:04 PM

I don't blame LJ for wanting a max deal, especially after the one Watson got. LJ is better than Watson and didn't have the baggage he had. Until now, the NFL has always based contracts for QBs on previous deals similar QBs have got. So LJ is not greedy to think he deserves a better deal. But the reality is that the Browns screwed the pooch there and no other team is looking to get into bed with a QB like LJ, who has been hurt and mediocre over the last two seasons the way the Browns got into bed with Watson.

However, he's gone about it the wrong way. He'd benefit from having an agent, both in the negotiation phase and to give him advice that he's not going to get Watson-plus guaranteed money.

It's kind of sad to see a talented young man sabotage himself like this but as long as it benefits the Ravens, he's gotta go.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5211 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,434 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:06 PM

Dude he sent the tweet at the exact time Harbs started his press conference, that’s as spiteful as hell and now I have no doubt he purposefully sat out the playoffs which is a middle finger to his team, fans and more importantly his teammates! I don’t want the guy back! Trade his ass off to whoever will give us the best return and be done with him.

Of course its getting ugly. Doesnt mean its all greed. They have each other by the balls. The Ravens and Lamar have each other by the balls. Both are starting to squeeze.

#5212 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:07 PM

As I keep saying, teams don't need to trade for him. They can just tender him an offer.Other than pissing some people off this trade announcement changes very little.

#5213 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:08 PM

Ravens gotta be thinking that the trade request is more of an outburst than a forever sticking point. If they thought he'd hold to it, then you gotta find a partner before the tag deadline. Otherwise you're just lowering your own return. Seems like the lower tag and the lack of an trade buzz is all because they think he'll come back to the fold at the end of all this, rather than literally hold out or hold in by being a malcontent.

Unlike the nonstory with the unlicensed rep, this is a big deal. Trade requests aren't always granted, but the Ravens seem to typically grant it.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#5214 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:08 PM

So the selfish unreasonable man you know he is and has been is going to come to his senses. Got it. And if that selfish and unreasonable man doesnt come to his senses and you had an out to completely be done with him its still his fault and not yours that you didnt take that out.

Yes, you hold on to him until he has no value anymore. If he is willing to sit out two full years, you make him.

#5215 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:09 PM

Ravens gotta be thinking that the trade request is more of an outburst than a forever sticking point. If they thought he'd hold to it, then you gotta find a partner before the tag deadline. Otherwise you're just lowering your own return. Seems like the lower tag and the lack of an trade buzz is all because they think he'll come back to the fold at the end of all this, rather than literally hold out or hold in by being a malcontent.

If he hadn't made his statement today I'd agree with you. His bringing all of this into the public eye today tells me that he is in full malcontent mode.

#5216 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:10 PM

I don't blame LJ for wanting a max deal, especially after the one Watson got. LJ is better than Watson and didn't have the baggage he had. Until now, the NFL has always based contracts for QBs on previous deals similar QBs have got. So LJ is not greedy to think he deserves a better deal. But the reality is that the Browns screwed the pooch there and no other team is looking to get into bed with a QB like LJ, who has been hurt and mediocre over the last two seasons the way the Browns got into bed with Watson.

However, he's gone about it the wrong way. He'd benefit from having an agent, both in the negotiation phase and to give him advice that he's not going to get Watson-plus guaranteed money.

It's kind of sad to see a talented young man sabotage himself like this but as long as it benefits the Ravens, he's gotta go.

This is the strange part about this whole scenario is both parties (the Ravens and Lamar) have very valid points. 

I don't blame Lamar for seeking a contract commensurate to what Watson got from Cleveland. However, the flipside, as has been discusses ad nauseum, is that 2 additional QB extensions were negotiated after Watson's and neither one even sniffed what Watson got. Therefore, the Watson deal should've been discounted as any kind of measuring stick as it was a desperate franchise making a stupid decision.

And I agree that if Lamar had professional representation, as opposed to his mom and the Entire Gym guy, this scenario would have played out in an entirely different manner.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5217 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,434 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:12 PM

I think the best way to put this is no matter how you think the NFLPA is influencing Lamar this was always going to be a very sticky situation. The jump from Kyler or Russ to Watson was huge. To think the next guy up, whoever it and whether he had an agent, was just gonna be like sure we will split the difference an act like that Watson deal isnt out there is unreasonable.

#5218 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:13 PM

Yes because if you dont trade Lamar you are reaching for someone at 23.

He will be back under team control next year. He holds no cards ultimately for the next 2 years. He can make it miserable for the Ravens but he holds no cards. He wont sit out the whole year. He will come to his senses and play here for at least '23 and Ill take odds he signs a long term deal here. None of yall think thats possible now right. Yall patting your backs. Give me some odds on him signing a long term deal here.

I'll bet you $230M all guaranteed, that he doesn't sign a long term contract with the Ravens.

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#5219 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:14 PM

As I keep saying, teams don't need to trade for him. They can just tender him an offer.Other than pissing some people off this trade announcement changes very little.

It changes my perception of the Ravens choices here.

Also I think a trade request has a lot bigger meaning than simply a guy exploring his value as a FA. FA talking with other teams is seeking a payout, rostered guy requesting a trade is saying he wants to leave. Now that he can negotiate with other teams, there isn't much practical difference, the Ravens have effectively granted him the right to seek a trade, but the psychological difference is pretty big.

#5220 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:15 PM

If he hadn't made his statement today I'd agree with you. His bringing all of this into the public eye today tells me that he is in full malcontent mode.

I said on the podcast a couple of weeks ago that I just got the feeling that Lamar didn't want to be here anymore. 

@primetime667083

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=