HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 February 2023 - 03:37 PM

CJ Golson
@CJGolson

International insider. CFB coverage for 11+ years. Betting/DFS analyst. #GolsonGang | The People’s Insider
Media PersonalityubaJoined December 2014

Sounds like a legend in his own mind. But that's social media in the 21st century

Yea, I saw the Tweet, but I have never heard his name before.  Unfortunately Twitter is full of BS and nonsense.  This guy may be in both categories.

• bmore_ken likes this
@mikeghg

#2162 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 03:41 PM

I think it's entirely unlikely that Jackson plays on the tag.

#2163 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 04:09 PM

I think it's entirely unlikely that Jackson plays on the tag.

Way to consistently back yourself into a corner. Choosing not to play on the tag is the likeliest scenario. Everyone with a brain can figure that out. We had a poll not that long ago and we all said the odds he plays out the year on the tag was low. Again. Not sure where the breaking news is here.

#2164 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 01 February 2023 - 04:36 PM

this was reported by a vetted media guy last year I think when he didn't sign.

#2165 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 04:50 PM

Way to consistently back yourself into a corner. Choosing not to play on the tag is the likeliest scenario. Everyone with a brain can figure that out. We had a poll not that long ago and we all said the odds he plays out the year on the tag was low. Again. Not sure where the breaking news is here.

There have been several people who offered contrasting opinions about it. That's why I said it. Did you not read? You didn't read, did you?

Is there a reason you're such an insulting jerk with literally every post? Like genuinely, I'm not even mad about it, just confused. And before you say something blatantly untrue like "only to you" or something, it is almost literally everyone you reply to, at least at some point.

#2166 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 04:50 PM

this was reported by a vetted media guy last year I think when he didn't sign.

It was.

#2167 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 05:02 PM

There have been several people who offered contrasting opinions about it. That's why I said it. Did you not read? You didn't read, did you?

Is there a reason you're such an insulting jerk with literally every post? Like genuinely, I'm not even mad about it, just confused. And before you say something blatantly untrue like "only to you" or something, it is almost literally everyone you reply to, at least at some point.

You guys argue the same crap over and over. Its clutter and quite frankly a lot of it is nonsense. So no I havent read it of late. There is no news. There is nothing new to contemplate and debate. You went looking for an unverified tweet so we could get god knows how many more pages of the same stuff we've had for months.

#2168 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 05:04 PM

You guys argue the same crap over and over. Its clutter and quite frankly a lot of it is nonsense. So no I havent read it of late. There is no news. There is nothing new to contemplate and debate. You went looking for an unverified tweet so we could get god knows how many more pages of the same stuff we've had for months.

1. Then don't post. You call people out for "nonsense," and don't even read what you're responding to? Seriously, if that's how you're going to be and how you feel, stop posting.

2. I didn't look for it. It just popped up on my feed.

3. None of that is license to be an ahole.

4. You've been this way forever, so don't use the last few months as an excuse.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#2169 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 05:07 PM

1. Then don't post. You call people out for "nonsense," and don't even read what you're responding to? Seriously, if that's how you're going to be and how you feel, stop posting.

2. I didn't look for it. It just popped up on my feed.

3. None of that is license to be an ahole.

4. You've been this way forever, so don't use the last few months as an excuse.

1.I absolutely read your post that I responded too.

2. Why is that unverified crap popping up on your feed. Follow real reporters

3. Language sir

4. And Ill never change

#2170 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 05:32 PM

Still think it's a Machado-like mistake to have not gotten him done a long time ago. Never really heard any numbers, but I gotta imagine that he was asking for less in January of 2021 than he was being offered in August of 2022.
  • DuffMan and russsnyder like this

#2171 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 05:35 PM

They can't even tag him until Feb 21 (and have until March 7th to do it).

Trades aren't allowed until March 15th.  I don't recall hearing about any NFL trades that were agreed to and reported before the league year begins but held off from executing until allowed, but maybe they could do something like that.  Not sure.

If tagged, Lamar and his team (Ravens or otherwise) have until July 15th to agree to an extension or else they have to stay with the tag and can't sign a deal until the next league year.

Just like the early signing period before the start of FA. Deals aren't official until the league year starts but are leaked before that. He could be traded and not announced until 3/15.

#2172 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 05:37 PM

Just like the early signing period before the start of FA. Deals aren't official until the league year starts but are leaked before that. He could be traded and not announced until 3/15.

There is like 2 or 3 days of "legal tampering" for FAs. As I said in the post you quoted, I don't know if a similar period exists for trades. I can't recall any trades being agreed to ahead of time and then held for processing until the league year started. But that could just be bad memory.

Certainly the teams could talk and have details hammered out. But in other leagues those deals are sometimes announced (but not processed) as well, I don't think that happens in the NFL.

#2173 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 05:46 PM

Brian McFarland
@RavensSalaryCap
Replying to
@J_Richex @BNInBmore and 4 others
*If* a trade is going to happen, it would all likely come together between now and 3/15 IMO. They would let him work out a deal w/ another team, they'd agree on the trade compensation w/ the other team & he'd sign the tender. Then on 3/15, they'd make the trade official.
4:58 PM · Jan 30, 2023

#2174 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 05:53 PM

Still think it's a Machado-like mistake to have not gotten him done a long time ago. Never really heard any numbers, but I gotta imagine that he was asking for less in January of 2021 than he was being offered in August of 2022.

Yup though it takes two to tango. We just dont know how into Lamar was to signing and moreover how it wouldve got done.

Maybe he understands completely that his value was never in much risk of dropping and was only ever going to go up. Even today, the Ravens arent and wont offer him less than their best offer last August

#2175 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 05:54 PM

Brian McFarland
@RavensSalaryCap
Replying to
@J_Richex @BNInBmore and 4 others
*If* a trade is going to happen, it would all likely come together between now and 3/15 IMO. They would let him work out a deal w/ another team, they'd agree on the trade compensation w/ the other team & he'd sign the tender. Then on 3/15, they'd make the trade official.
4:58 PM · Jan 30, 2023

Do an of these deals or negotiations get leaked. Have they in years past when big time QBs are moved. I understand the news eventually breaks but how soon before are we hearing rumors

#2176 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 06:04 PM

Do an of these deals or negotiations get leaked. Have they in years past when big time QBs are moved. I understand the news eventually breaks but how soon before are we hearing rumors

Wilson trade I heard nothing before it happened. Watson had a bunch of suitors and a bunch of leaks of who was interested and who was supposedly leading, I remember Cleveland was out of the running a day before it happened. I don’t think any of the other deals (Wentz, Ryan) are on the same scale to compare.

Given that neither Lamar or the Ravens like to talk, I doubt we hear much unless it comes from another team (or maybe the NFLPA).
  • Mackus likes this

#2177 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 06:17 PM

1.I absolutely read your post that I responded too.

2. Why is that unverified crap popping up on your feed. Follow real reporters

3. Language sir

4. And Ill never change

1. You didn't read the posts of those I was responding to, and your entire post was about how what I was saying was pointless and stupid because it was obvious. Reading fail again.

2. I don't follow him. I assume it popped up because he is followed or follows guys like Schefter or Rappaport. Otherwise I have no idea.

3. It's a descriptive term that is appropriate for your behavior.

4. And you're proud of that?

#2178 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 06:26 PM

I could see him holding out of camps, etc. I don't see him leaving $45M on the table and sitting home and not showcasing his talent. For me, holding out once the season starts is a double whammy for him. It'll basically means he's off the field for pretty much a season and a half. Doesn't seem to me that would help him with his contract situation with the Ravens or anyone else.

Being off the field for over a year didn't impact DeShaun Watson in a negative way. One could argue that it would be one less year of wear and tear on Lamar. That said, I think he's traded before he sits out a full year.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#2179 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 06:54 PM

Being off the field for over a year didn't impact DeShaun Watson in a negative way. One could argue that it would be one less year of wear and tear on Lamar. That said, I think he's traded before he sits out a full year.

Cleveland doesn't count. 

#2180 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 07:01 PM

Cleveland doesn't count.

Lol.

Fair enough.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams