#21 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 06 December 2021 - 02:41 PM

Not necessarily in this order, but I’d hone in on Enfield, Odom, English - someone young and exciting, and if that isn’t happening, shift towards Shaka or Miller.

BTW, this was a good article by Pat - but I’m curious why the assumption that there’s guys they can’t afford. You guys need to stop buying that from the University, they can do what they want.

With Oats in particular, I think that the buyout amount, and the knowledge that Alabama can probably just hand Oats a blank check makes the prospect of Maryland beating them out on price really unlikely if they decide they want to keep him. Their athletic department is clearly much better funded than Maryland. You can look up their financials online since it's a public school. Also consider that Alabama can offer 10m more than we can because of the buyout. If Oats comes here it's because he values the environment or because Alabama doesnt want to pay him.

I'm kind of not a fan of English at this stage in his career. Too young, too much risk and there are other safer candidates with his upside that we can realistically nab and have them stay for 20 years.

#22 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 07:18 PM

A name that will never happen that I've seen bounced around is Sarunas Jasikevicius. My favorite former Terp who has had great success coaching in Europe. He seems like a Gary clone, and I don't think that type of, uh, verbal demonstration will work with today's athletes. Could be a dumpster fire, but would be fascinating to watch!

Love him so much, if only his job was to relate to mid 30s/40s terps fans
  • glenn__davis likes this
@DaKittenz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=