512 replies to this topic

#481 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 12:44 AM

I genuinely believe this is a .500ish team that has just gotten absurdly lucky. Can't keep putting yourself in sub-15% win probability game situations and expect to keep winning.

#482 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 12:46 AM

Did they try to block #91 all night?

#483 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 November 2021 - 12:56 AM

Oweh had a sack, 2 TFL and 3 QB hits tonight. He was great. Dolphins OLine is terrible, but it was good they took advantage. Except for the fact that the 4 sacks and 13 QB hits resulted in 0 turnovers.

#484 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 05:56 AM

Oweh had a sack, 2 TFL and 3 QB hits tonight. He was great. Dolphins OLine is terrible, but it was good they took advantage. Except for the fact that the 4 sacks and 13 QB hits resulted in 0 turnovers.

They had the ball handed to then twice. Queen got greedy and didn't fall on one. And Averett showed why he is a CB and not a WR. In games like last night, those are the plays the defense HAS to make.

#485 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 06:10 AM

You know, the other thing is that the O-line was really terrible tonight.  I know they aren't that good, but tonight they looked about as bad as a 32nd team in the NFL.  Not much you can do when your O-line can't run block, can't pass block, and when they do it well, it's only because they get a penalty.  

Ravens got destroyed by the blitz of the 30th ranked defense.

#486 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 07:42 AM

I obviously will delete the recording of last night's game but from what I'm hearing and reading, in addition to the stats, Roman almost single handedly cost the Ravens the game last night.  43 passes- 14 carries from running backs.  I mean, is this guy EVER going to learn?  You're telling me that with all that blitzing going on and they can't just ram the ball up their gut all night?  Make them pay for it for God's sake.  Or if you're going to pass that many times, at least attack the middle of the field with quick hitters and let the receivers do their jobs with YAC. Just a disgraceful performance against a lousy team.  Did they not learn a single thing from the Buffalo/Jacksonville game last week?  You just can't show up, throw your jock straps on the field and expect to waltz away with a win.  If you believe in Karma, maybe this was pay back for the Lions game that they should have lost.  Since I don't believe in Karma, I'll just call it what it was- one of the worst Ravens games in their history. 

#487 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 12 November 2021 - 08:01 AM

I obviously will delete the recording of last night's game but from what I'm hearing and reading, in addition to the stats, Roman almost single handedly cost the Ravens the game last night. 43 passes- 14 carries from running backs. I mean, is this guy EVER going to learn? You're telling me that will all that blitzing going on and they can't just ram the ball up their gut all night? Make them pay for it for God's sake. Or if you're going to pass that many times, at least attack the middle of the field with quick hitters and let the receivers do their jobs with YAC. Just a disgraceful performance against a lousy team. Did they not learn a single thing from the Buffalo/Jacksonville game last week? You just can't show up, throw your jock straps on the field and expect to waltz away with a win. If you believe in Karma, maybe this was pay back for the Lions game that they should have lost. Since I don't believe in Karma, I'll just call it what it was- one of the worst Ravens games in their history.

Already deleted it, so can't prove this, but I'll bet 8 of those 14 carries were on the first two drives.

#488 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 08:49 AM

Finally smartened up and went to sleep after the last Koch punt with about 10 min left. Sounds like the s**tshow continued the rest of the way.

#489 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 08:49 AM

Already deleted it, so can't prove this, but I'll bet 8 of those 14 carries were on the first two drives.

You're probably right. 

#490 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 08:51 AM

They had the ball handed to then twice. Queen got greedy and didn't fall on one. And Averett showed why he is a CB and not a WR. In games like last night, those are the plays the defense HAS to make.

I’m not all that upset about Queen trying to pick it up. Xavier Howard didn’t try to fall on the Watkins fumble, turned it into a TD.
  • PrimeTime likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#491 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 08:55 AM

I’m not all that upset about Queen trying to pick it up. Xavier Howard didn’t try to fall on the Watkins fumble, turned it into a TD.

Didnt see the play but from what Ive read you cant blame a defender for trying to score last night. That said I still dislike Queens effort and IQ too often. There was a play last night where Queen was right there to help get a defender on the ground as I believe a safety or CB was making a tackle. He brushed by both, didnt make sure the ball carrier was down and the ball carrier almost slipped out of the tackle. He just doesnt want to do certain things a LB needs to do

#492 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 09:00 AM

I think it was just a bad instant reaction from Queen and not a conscious decision to try and scoop-and-score.  He was a little past the ball and facing away from it, it wasn't like it was just sitting there and he could've flopped down on top of it.

#493 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 November 2021 - 09:01 AM

I’m still really annoyed about the clear focus to have a joyous personal homecoming for Lamar and Hollywood rather than run a competent offense. That target share towards Hollywood through 3 quarters was just ridiculous. It was a wake up call for me as to the character of this team. The playoff losses haven’t taught them crap, there’s no arc here. No humility. They wanted their numbers, assumed a W was a given, and to go to their after parties in Miami as kings. That’s pathetic.

#494 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:15 AM

Didnt see the play but from what Ive read you cant blame a defender for trying to score last night. That said I still dislike Queens effort and IQ too often. There was a play last night where Queen was right there to help get a defender on the ground as I believe a safety or CB was making a tackle. He brushed by both, didnt make sure the ball carrier was down and the ball carrier almost slipped out of the tackle. He just doesnt want to do certain things a LB needs to do

Queen saw our offense, too. A scoop and score at that point was needed. But when a game isn't going your way, an offensive lineman goes into a headfirst slide and somehow snatches a fumble that 2 Ravens are practically on top of.

We know what this team is. They're shorthanded and walking a razor's edge every game. If Lamar isn't superman on a given day, they're not good enough everywhere else to win.

The worst part is, defensively, they're getting beat because of mental mistakes, blown assignments that lead to big plays. Not sure how that's still happening 9 games into the season.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#495 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:52 AM

Real talk, at risk of being a dick…

There are way too many people not watching games but seem to have lots of opinions and all the answers.
@BSLMikeRandall

#496 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 10:57 AM

Just check the play-by-play.  Way faster than re-watching and trying to count.

https://www.espn.com...ameId/401326465

#497 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 11:15 AM

Looks like 7 legit "normalish" rushing attempts in the first two drives. Then 7 the rest of the way. Lamar attempts not counted because many of them start as drop backs. And in the pre-LJ era, would have been Joe checking down to a RB or TE. Now it's often LJ taking off himself.

First 7 were 6 by Freeman and 1 by Duvernay. After that they mixed it between Freeman and Bell.

First two drives ended well in to MIA territory. Coincidentally when they switched and went almost all pass first, they struggled to move the ball at all, despite some good starting field position...

#498 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 11:25 AM

Even when they are having some success you can tell they dont trust the traditional run game which is such an amazing contrast to the last few years. They let themselves lose that identity. Those first however many plays were probably all scripted btw.

#499 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 11:30 AM

Even when they are having some success you can tell they dont trust the traditional run game which is such an amazing contrast to the last few years. They let themselves lose that identity. Those first however many plays were probably all scripted btw.

No idea if it's true or not, but early on in the Minnesota game one of the announcers said that Roman has said he's no longer scripting the plays at the beginning of the game, because of the varied looks that the defenses use to try and counter Lamar.

#500 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 12 November 2021 - 11:48 AM

Just check the play-by-play. Way faster than re-watching and trying to count.

https://www.espn.com...ameId/401326465

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=