#201 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 October 2021 - 08:59 PM

Another thing, the Ravens coaching staff is damn good.  This team has had injuries that would bury most teams.   The Ravens are now 5-1.   

The Ravens are figuring things out.  Hopefully we can get more guys back, but I will take 5-1

• DuffMan likes this
@mikeghg

#202 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:35 PM

Another thing, the Ravens coaching staff is damn good.  This team has had injuries that would bury most teams.   The Ravens are now 5-1.   

The Ravens are figuring things out.  Hopefully we can get more guys back, but I will take 5-1

I think there's some truth in that, but Jackson makes that possible. Bring all those guys back and IR Jackson it's a different team. As we've seen, those guys are replaceable. Jackson isn't. 

• You Play to Win the Game and BaltBird 24 like this

#203 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:45 AM

Good sign when the team can win with the running game, passing game, defense, or ST depending on the week/situation.

• bmore_ken likes this

#204 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:46 AM

It's so refreshing that Lamar didn't have to carry the team on his back and they still won comfortably.

They needed a win like that.

• Mike in STL and bmore_ken like this

#205 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 08:01 AM

That's a signature win right there. Haven't had one like that since 2019. Maybe the Seattle game from that year.

Hot, young, exciting team. Media darling. Comes into town and gets foot stomped.

• You Play to Win the Game and bmore_ken like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#206 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2021 - 09:44 AM

I think there's some truth in that, but Jackson makes that possible. Bring all those guys back and IR Jackson it's a different team. As we've seen, those guys are replaceable. Jackson isn't. 

I think you can make that case with any team, that has a superstar QB.  Take them away, and the team is likely scrtewed.  However this team has been decimated on both sides of the ball.  Without a doubt, Jackson makes up for a lot of that, but you can see the team and coaches finding solutions.   I think the Ravens have an excellent organization, from EDC to Harbs and the entire staff.  If we are able to get to the bye at 6-1, IMO it is a notable achievement, from everyone, not just Lamar.

@mikeghg

#207 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 12:46 PM

Another thing, the Ravens coaching staff is damn good. This team has had injuries that would bury most teams. The Ravens are now 5-1.
The Ravens are figuring things out. Hopefully we can get more guys back, but I will take 5-1

100% agree. Coaches definitely deserve a lot of credit. I've been pretty critical of Roman at times. But I have to say, he's done a great job of adjusting. His passing schemes and route combos definitely have improved greatly so far this season.
  • Mike B likes this

#208 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:03 PM

100% agree. Coaches definitely deserve a lot of credit. I've been pretty critical of Roman at times. But I have to say, he's done a great job of adjusting. His passing schemes and route combos definitely have improved greatly so far this season.

I also think Tee Martin nd keith Williams deserve a lot of credit.  The improvement in the schemes and routes is very noticeable.

It doesn't hurt that the Ravens have a lot of talent in the receiving room, either.

@mikeghg

#209 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:12 PM

Is Bateman supposed to be a Keenan Allen type? That's kind of who he reminded me of yesterday.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#210 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:51 PM

Is Bateman supposed to be a Keenan Allen type? That's kind of who he reminded me of yesterday.

Interesting comparison.  I guess time will tell, but physically they seem similar.

I was pretty impressed with the contribution Bateman made yesterday and how much he played.

@mikeghg

#211 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 October 2021 - 02:09 PM

I believe he said that's who he tried to emulate throughout college. He's gotten a lot of those comps.

#212 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 02:12 PM

Can you imagine how different today's takes on Bateman are if he has that drop that was then picked off without him even noticing late in a tie game instead of a blowout?

I mean it is literally impossible to make a worse play as a wide receiver.  And none of us care because it was the first time he's played, it was as meaningless a game situation as any preseason game, and he showed a fun little shimmy earlier in the game.  So we get to ignore the massive negative and only be excited about the tantalizing positives.  Pressure sure comes off when you build a 20+ point lead!

#213 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,395 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 02:28 PM

Can you imagine how different today's takes on Bateman are if he has that drop that was then picked off without him even noticing late in a tie game instead of a blowout?

I mean it is literally impossible to make a worse play as a wide receiver. And none of us care because it was the first time he's played, it was as meaningless a game situation as any preseason game, and he showed a fun little shimmy earlier in the game. So we get to ignore the massive negative and only be excited about the tantalizing positives. Pressure sure comes off when you build a 20+ point lead!

Of course. Such is life.

Btw saw a Reggie Wayne comp awhile ago. Ill just go with that one and expect a HOF caliber WR for the next 10+ years

#214 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2021 - 02:37 PM

I mean it is literally impossible to make a worse play as a wide receiver.  And none of us care because it was the first time he's played, it was as meaningless a game situation as any preseason game, and he showed a fun little shimmy earlier in the game.  So we get to ignore the massive negative and only be excited about the tantalizing positives.  Pressure sure comes off when you build a 20+ point lead!

I agonize over plays that cost the Ravens a game, but try not to go overboard on any bad play a player makes.  it is sports, bad streaks or plays happen. I think Bateman did find, especially considering how long it has been since he has been in a game.

• russsnyder likes this
@mikeghg

#215 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 02:53 PM

I agonize over plays that cost the Ravens a game, but try not to go overboard on any bad play a player makes. it is sports, bad streaks or plays happen. I think Bateman did find, especially considering how long it has been since he has been in a game.

Overall,I was impressed with Bateman.

WR has quietly become a position of strength on the team.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#216 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:52 PM

That was the comparison a lot of people who know what they're talking about were giving him in the pre-draft process. Matt Harmon even showed the Collegiate comparisons between the two being nearly identical on his site "reception perception". Both has almost the same great win % against press man coverage. Great win % against man and zone. And almost identical numbers after the catch, and the amount of forced missed tackles.

Keenan Allen is a little bigger, and wins a little more on contested catches. But I think Bateman has a little more wiggle, and top end speed than Allen.

But lord knows I'd take an Allen clone in a heartbeat.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#217 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:54 PM

That was the comparison PFF gave him in their draft guide.
@BSLMikeRandall

#218 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2021 - 03:57 PM

I agonize over plays that cost the Ravens a game, but try not to go overboard on any bad play a player makes. it is sports, bad streaks or plays happen. I think Bateman did find, especially considering how long it has been since he has been in a game.

Did this come with age/maturity, or were you always this way? Asking for a friend.

#219 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:48 PM

Overall,I was impressed with Bateman.

WR has quietly become a position of strength on the team.

Probably the first time in Ravens history we could say that with confidence. 😄

#220 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2021 - 07:27 PM

Did this come with age/maturity, or were you always this way? Asking for a friend.

I have always been a homer, and don’t apologize for it, but I have seen a lot of games over the years and i am not sure I have ever seen one without players making great plays or bad plays.  It is part of every game.  Sports are hard. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=