#21 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:36 PM

Andre Dillard and Lane Johnson, from the Eagles, could possibly be available. Either would be intriguing pick ups.

#22 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 06:39 PM

Andre Dillard and Lane Johnson, from the Eagles, could possibly be available. Either would be intriguing pick ups.

I want absolutely no parts of Dillard. He is the polar opposite of a player that "plays like a Raven". Lane Johnson would be interesting. Although I doubt we can fit his contract under the cap.

#23 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 07:53 PM

I want absolutely no parts of Dillard. He is the polar opposite of a player that "plays like a Raven". Lane Johnson would be interesting. Although I doubt we can fit his contract under the cap.

I'm not even sure what "plays like a raven" means anymore. Lately it has meant tackling badly and playing soft.

#24 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 08:15 PM

I'm not even sure what "plays like a raven" means anymore. Lately it has meant taking badly and playing soft.

Well then I guess maybe we'd want Dillard then ?

#25 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:23 PM

David Montgomery rumored to be available. Pretty sure the money wouldn't work, but that would definitely be a season saving move for the run game.

#26 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,935 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:26 PM

David Montgomery rumored to be available. Pretty sure the money wouldn't work, but that would definitely be a season saving move for the run game.

Huh?  He's a mid-round pick still on his rookie deal.  He makes nothing.

#27 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:31 PM

Huh? He's a mid-round pick still on his rookie deal. He makes nothing.

You're right. For some reason I thought he signed an extension this past offseason.

Now this is something EDC should 100% be on the phone about. Montgomery has been one of the best RBs in football at making people miss, and creating something out of nothing.

#28 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:33 PM

Also, Zach Cunningham rumored to be available. Wonder if they'd take a Cunningham for Queen swap straight up.

#29 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 04:54 PM

He's on IR . Says 3-5 weeks from 10/11. Would we want another injured player .?

#30 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:00 PM

Does Jordan Howard have anything left .? On Eagles PS.

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:01 PM

He'll be back. This is either week 3 or week 4 of that timetable, I believe.

The Bears love what they've found in rookie Khalil Herbert, and they still have a productive Damien Williams, so I suppose in their eyes that makes a banged up Montgomery, who has had a ton of carries the past couple years, expendable.

He'd be the perfect add for this team. Perfect buy low opportunity. Not sure the price tag though, but I know DeCosta wouldn't give too much.

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:21 PM

If he gets fully healthy. Montgomery is better than Gus. Not as dynamic as what JKD would've done this year, let's not get carried away. But I think he'd be great in this scheme.

#33 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:20 PM

I still say the Ravens should give the tandem of Freeman/Williams more of a shot to establish themselves with more than a handful of carries. 

#34 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:33 PM

Freeman is below replacement level IMO. I do want to see more than Williams.

#35 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:41 PM

If he gets fully healthy. Montgomery is better than Gus. Not as dynamic as what JKD would've done this year, let's not get carried away. But I think he'd be great in this scheme.

Montgomery gives you everything Dobbins can for the first 10 yards. Montgomery just doesn't have that breakaway on any play ability that Dobbins has.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#36 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 08:44 PM

Yes. I have no problem bringing in a guy ready to come off of IR, especially considering that he is light-years better than any option currently on this team. He'd instantly give credibility to the running game again. Plus he's already proven to be productive behind a weak offensive line, with his ability to make people miss, and gain yards after contact.

#37 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 November 2021 - 04:56 PM

Myles Jack would be an interesting trade target.  His grade from PFF is poor this year, but speculation is a third-rounder might be enough, though I suspect it'd take a bit more if the Jags are even entertaining the idea.

#38 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 05:36 PM

Myles Jack would be an interesting trade target. His grade from PFF is poor this year, but speculation is a third-rounder might be enough, though I suspect it'd take a bit more if the Jags are even entertaining the idea.

The Jags would have to eat money for him to fit under the cap, or maybe we can immediately restructure/extend him, which is not that appealing. EDC would have to have a really good idea of why he’s graded so poorly (2019 was bad too) and think it’s fixable. To be honest ILB isn’t the dumpster fire it was a few weeks ago, there are bigger needs but who knows what’s out there.
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#39 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 10:23 AM

Phillip Lindsay being shopped now. If EDC wants to go outside the organization for a RB, he has some really good options.

Still would prefer a OT or ILB if he can grab one.

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2021 - 10:27 AM

He is an interesting possibility, but I would pass.  We are already waiting on too many injured players.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=