61 replies to this topic

#41 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 10:12 AM

I spent $56 and got him, which was about 80% of what I had left.  Made sure I could beat everyone who had less FAAB left than me, but didn't bother going all in since some people could outbid me even if I did.

Other offers weren't particularly close.  $35 was next highest.  But I'm glad I got him.  Peterson went for $30.

I ended up getting McNichols for $446. Which was $136 higher than the next bid. Someone bid $400 on AP though. No one, including myself, went higher than $150. 

AP was promoted to the active roster from the PS for todays game, so the picture for the Titans backfield is that much more muddled. 

I paid for him, I might as well play him. Have to play two of McNichols, Pollard, Gainwell, Hubbard. Will be keeping an eye out to see if CMC plays for sure.

@BSLMikeRandall

#42 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2021 - 10:18 AM

I’m pretty certain CMC is playing, but why wouldn’t they split the touches his first week back? The projections for Hubbard seem low to me this week. But I’m in a similar boat in a PPR league, have to start one of Gainwell, Jordan Howard or Hubbard. I also have David Johnson and Phillip Lindsey stashed, but the Texans are awful.

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 November 2021 - 02:46 PM

Gotta decide by 4 PM:

Kenneth Gainwell
Jordan Howard
David Montgomery

Gotta pick one. Right now it’s Gainwell, but I’d Montgomery really is playing, I feel like he’s an auto start even first game back against a good D.

#44 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 10:26 AM

I was 5-1 and feeling good with Mahomes and Henry. Now Henry is gone for the year and Mahomes has become San Darnold and now I am 5-4 and I am struggling to break 40 points each week.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#45 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 November 2021 - 10:31 AM

I was 5-1 and feeling good with Mahomes and Henry. Now Henry is gone for the year and Mahomes has become San Darnold and now I am 5-4 and I am struggling to break 40 points each week.

Same boat. Started out 5-0 and am going to lose my 4th straight this week. Just brutal. Doesn't help that Montgomery and Carson have both been out during the same stretch as well. And my trades for Gainwell and Mitchell haven't helped.

#46 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 07:56 PM

I have 2 trade options on the table. I’m in sell mode. I have Cooper Kupp but cannot keep him after this season. The recipient gets him as a 4th round keeper next year, and a 2nd round keeper in 23’, if they desire.

Option 1
Give: Kupp, 5th round pick, 15th round pick.
Receive: 1st round pick, 6th round pick.
5th/6th swap seems inconsequential. If anything, I’d counter for more in my favor. Like give an 8th for a 6th.

Option 2
Give: Kupp, 8th round pick
Receive: Lamar Jackson, 6th round pick.

Both guys are going for the title, so the 1st round pick in option 1, would be between 10-14. The caveat with Lamar in option 2 is I get to keep him for three years. 10th round, 8th, and 6th respectively.

Im leaning option 2. Unless in a deep, 14 team league, two first round picks and drafting a slightly worse QB later is better than the three years of draft value Lamar gives me.
But I’m still leaning option 2. Lamar is one of the, if not thee highest scorer in fantasy over the last few years. Seems like a solid anchor to have for the next three years.
@BSLMikeRandall

#47 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,363 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:07 PM

Who do you think you could get with the first round pick? Put another way, of the top 15 or so guys each year, how many are usually available versus kept?

If you draft someone with that 1st round pick, what are the keeper rules?

Don't know all your league rules but I'd lean Jackson as well.

#48 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,363 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:09 PM

Kupp as a 4th round keeper is huge value though on top of being perhaps the #1 overall guy the rest of this year. I'd ask for even more in either deal.

#49 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 10:35 PM

Who do you think you could get with the first round pick? Put another way, of the top 15 or so guys each year, how many are usually available versus kept?

If you draft someone with that 1st round pick, what are the keeper rules?

Don't know all your league rules but I'd lean Jackson as well.

Late first round, maybe the 8th best RB. This year would have been Taylor, Gibson, Harris). 3rd best WR (Ridley, Diggs). Kelce.

No one drafted in the first two rounds can be kept. 3 keepers a year, slotted two rounds higher than the year before. There are some guys who are top two round talents that are kept way down the board so not available to draft. Like someone owned Kamara before he was awesome, so he’s kept down in the mid rounds. This guy drafted Lamar as a rookie with his last pick so he’s had him at all that value and his three keeps are up. But most of the top guys are there to draft in the first round every year.

Basically if I get Lamar, I also can keep Waller in the 11th, and Toney in the 15th. That’s a good head start I think.
@BSLMikeRandall

#50 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,363 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 07:39 AM

I'd definitely go for Lamar over a 1st round pick since you'll have 3 years of value compared to just one.

Still think you should be able to get a lot more for Kupp as a 4th and then potentially 2nd round keeper, but maybe since everyone knows he's an expiring asset for you they are lowballing you. Are there not other guys around the league you could swap him for in the same situation that their owners can't keep but you could?  Derrick Henry perhaps?

Sounds like a fun set of rules.  I play in a 4-keeper auction league.  Each guy goes up by $10 a year if you keep him and no limits on how many times you can keep a guy.  So if you get someone off waiver or for a few bucks in auction as a rookie you can keep them for 4-5 years before they end up as more than they'd go for in the auction.  Same example as you, someone still had Kamara for $40 this year.  My keepers were loaded at the top this year but cost me a lot of budget all my auction buys got hurt or sucked.  I decided to sell off and have accumulated $66 for next year's auction ($200 budget for everyone before keeper costs) and a couple good cheap keeper options.

#51 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 11:38 AM

I'd definitely go for Lamar over a 1st round pick since you'll have 3 years of value compared to just one.

Still think you should be able to get a lot more for Kupp as a 4th and then potentially 2nd round keeper, but maybe since everyone knows he's an expiring asset for you they are lowballing you. Are there not other guys around the league you could swap him for in the same situation that their owners can't keep but you could? Derrick Henry perhaps?

Sounds like a fun set of rules. I play in a 4-keeper auction league. Each guy goes up by $10 a year if you keep him and no limits on how many times you can keep a guy. So if you get someone off waiver or for a few bucks in auction as a rookie you can keep them for 4-5 years before they end up as more than they'd go for in the auction. Same example as you, someone still had Kamara for $40 this year. My keepers were loaded at the top this year but cost me a lot of budget all my auction buys got hurt or sucked. I decided to sell off and have accumulated $66 for next year's auction ($200 budget for everyone before keeper costs) and a couple good cheap keeper options.

I did offer each guy a counter that was a better for me. We’ll see. The only other guy expiring is Kenyan Drake in the 9th. Henry was drafted 3rd overall. Our deadline is tomorrow. So it’s possible both could say no and I have to take the best deal.

It’s a deep league being 14 teams. Even A.J. Dillon was drafted in the 4th round. Guys with keeper value are often not moved until their expiring year, by a selling team.
@BSLMikeRandall

#52 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 12:33 PM

I ended up taking the Lamar deal, but negotiated down to giving back a 12th for a 6th instead of an 8th. There are still educated guesses to be made in the 8th where as it’s dart throwing by the 12th.

So as it stands my draft next year goes 1,2,3,4,5,5,6,6,7,8,9, Lamar, 11, Waller, Toney. Figure that 9th pick ends up being a defense, 11th a kicker, I might try to move someone else for a mid swap. Get another 5th for an 8th or something.
@BSLMikeRandall

#53 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,363 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 12:49 PM

Any Giants fans you can shop Toney to for another keeper option?  I'm not a big fan.  Certainly you keep him if your option is him or a 15th round pick, but I would want to try to find a better keeper value.  Maybe he does something over the second half to change that opinion.  Maybe Etienne or Dobbins?

#54 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 02:24 PM

Any Giants fans you can shop Toney to for another keeper option? I'm not a big fan. Certainly you keep him if your option is him or a 15th round pick, but I would want to try to find a better keeper value. Maybe he does something over the second half to change that opinion. Maybe Etienne or Dobbins?

Already inquired about Etienne. He was drafted in the 11th, would be a 9th. That was a no go. Dobbins was drafted in the 1st this year (rather the 3rd in 20’ kept in the first in 21’ so can’t be kept now). I’m not crazy about any Giants offensive player. But there is little risk in keeping him if it comes down to it.
@BSLMikeRandall

#55 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,363 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 02:56 PM

Certainly an easy choice to keep him if he's one of your top-3 options.  Just thinking maybe you can package him and one of your unkeepable guys (like who did you take in the 2nd or 3rd round?) and send them to a contender for a stronger overall keeper option.

#56 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 03:04 PM

Certainly an easy choice to keep him if he's one of your top-3 options.  Just thinking maybe you can package him and one of your unkeepable guys (like who did you take in the 2nd or 3rd round?) and send them to a contender for a stronger overall keeper option.

Ridley and Pitts. 

Trying to move Pitts. Ridley, obviously a waste of space at this point.

@BSLMikeRandall

#57 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 11:06 AM

Okay guys, I have both Tee Higgins, who is on the uptick and had a great game last season but also has a nagging ankle, versus Amari Cooper who is perpetually a hit or miss number 2 WR.  Who should I start?

#58 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 December 2021 - 11:36 AM

I started this season 5-2 and am currently 5-8 and will probably lose this week in a game that would somehow sneak me into the playoffs. Started Mattison on Thursday, forgot to check if Cook was playing or not before the game started. Biggest collapse I’ve ever had. Kyler Murray is my QB1.

#59 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 December 2021 - 11:37 AM

Okay guys, I have both Tee Higgins, who is on the uptick and had a great game last season but also has a nagging ankle, versus Amari Cooper who is perpetually a hit or miss number 2 WR. Who should I start?

Cooper has disappointed me all year but for some reason I think he’s gonna show up today.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#60 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 03:00 PM

I started this season 5-2 and am currently 5-8 and will probably lose this week in a game that would somehow sneak me into the playoffs. Started Mattison on Thursday, forgot to check if Cook was playing or not before the game started. Biggest collapse I’ve ever had. Kyler Murray is my QB1.

Started 5-1, finished 7-7 and missed the playoffs. Injuries to Derek Henry and Mahomes turning into Sam Darnold killed any hope of making a playoff run. Not to mention McLauren and Marquis Brown falling off a cliff.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=