471 replies to this topic

#381 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:01 AM

CBS Sports: 

2022 NFL Draft: Nakobe Dean, Malik Willis headline best prospects available for Day 2

https://www.cbssport...able-for-day-2/

2022 NFL Draft Round 1 winners and losers: Giants, Jets add major talent, tough day for Malik Willis and QBs

https://www.cbssport...willis-and-qbs/

2022 NFL Draft grades, tracker: Analysis for every first-round selection from Travon Walker to Lewis Cine

https://www.cbssport...-to-lewis-cine/

#382 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:10 AM

Anyone else feel like the Steelers are super meta and more worried about fan service these days than making the difficult decisions to become a legit title contender? Things have certainly grown stale with Tomlin, but they just keep firing his coordinators instead. They want that weird flex of x number of head coaches over the past x years. They also wanted the QB from Pitt because they passed on Marino last time a QB from Pitt was coming out hot. But he was the consensus not-best QB in this draft and still have gaping holes elsewhere on that roster.

James Connor was also a Pitt guy.

I hope Pickett sucks. Lol.
  • Hooded Viper likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#383 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:28 AM

They got two very good players last night who should start for a long time. I'm very interested in what they do the next couple days and in post-draft FA though, because the glaring holes on the roster remain mostly unchanged. Not to mention a position we thought was locked up is now weaker. Though trading Hollywood was the right move and they got great value for him, no doubt.

Still think drafting Linderbaum there is interesting considering the other players and positions available, but I concede to the Ravens on that because I'm no expert.

#384 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:31 AM

Call-in fans on the Haney show are losing their effing minds because we didn’t address “ needs”. :-)

#385 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:36 AM

Call-in fans on the Haney show are losing their effing minds because we didn’t address “ needs”. :-)

OL wasn't a need? Man, people sure have short memories.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#386 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 09:44 AM

Right? The vitriol seems more geared towards Hamilton and not getting Jermaine Johnson.

#387 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 11:38 AM

Pass rush is certainly needed, but I guess people forget all the sacks Lamar took and 2 seconds he had to throw.

#388 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 11:51 AM

Safety also a need.

The idea that only current holes are needs when it comes to the draft is such a bad approach that way too many otherwise smart people fall prey to.  You use the draft to improve the next several seasons of your roster, not just the one for Year 1.  Especially important to remember this as we move to Day 2 and Day 3, since most of these guys won't contribute a whole lot, if anything, in 2022.

#389 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 11:51 AM

Right? The vitriol seems more geared towards Hamilton and not getting Jermaine Johnson.

Interesting. It’s easier to see Hamilton as filling a need if you look at DB and not just at CB or S. I think Hamilton, Williams, Clark, and Stephens will all see the field a ton so it’ll be fine and essentially a DB spot was filled. And as Mackus just said you have to look at the next few years when drafting too.

I also wanted Johnson. Sometimes guys just drop, but sometimes teams know things that we don’t. Johnson had been routinely mocked top 10 lately, and the whole league loves pass rushers, makes me think there’s something to those whispers that there’s some issue that’s not public knowledge. We may never know.

#390 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,712 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 April 2022 - 12:42 PM

Does anyone know how to rewatch the first round of the draft? I missed it yesterday because I was/am sick as a dog.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#391 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 02:14 PM

Apparently Jermaine Johnson dropped a lot due to character concerns.

No thanks.

#392 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2022 - 02:25 PM

No thanks.

Interesting. Never heard anything negative about him besides having poor grades coming out of HS, which is why he had to start out at JUCO. He was featured once on the Last Chance U show, but I never watched it so don't have any impressions to share.

#393 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 02:50 PM

Does anyone know how to rewatch the first round of the draft? I missed it yesterday because I was/am sick as a dog.

I'm sure you can find a repeat of various live streams from last night. YouTube probably has a few.

#394 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 29 April 2022 - 04:21 PM

No thanks.

I really hate the nebulous, all-encompassing "character concerns" as a reason for a drop.

The rumors with Johnson are as silly as the rumors about Thibodeaux's "character concerns."  It's one thing if someone like Wyatt drops because of previous arrests (even if charges weren't filed, I can see why teams wouldn't want to deal with that.)  But I feel like this is just character assassination in both instances.  (I'm not blaming you here it's just a pervasive issue with the draft.)

#395 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 04:27 PM

I really hate the nebulous, all-encompassing "character concerns" as a reason for a drop.

The rumors with Johnson are as silly as the rumors about Thibodeaux's "character concerns." It's one thing if someone like Wyatt drops because of previous arrests (even if charges weren't filed, I can see why teams wouldn't want to deal with that.) But I feel like this is just character assassination in both instances. (I'm not blaming you here it's just a pervasive issue with the draft.)

I get it. I just have to wonder how bad things must have been if a top 10 talent drops down to 26. Obviously several teams were concerned.

#396 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 29 April 2022 - 05:52 PM

So BTW, for those who follow these actions much more closely than me. How did Kiper and other "experts" do on #s 1-10?

#397 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,521 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:00 PM

So BTW, for those who follow these actions much more closely than me. How did Kiper and other "experts" do on #s 1-10?

They didn't due well on the team and pick... but I don't think that's great criteria for evaluating them.  Kiper and others at the top are like walking encyclopedias of knowledge.

#398 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:09 PM

Oh, no doubt on the knowledge, and it does end up being a guessing game, but I think my thought is why are their picks taken so seriously (as in salary/pay for doing so) when they are so seldom right?
  • cprenegade likes this

#399 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:13 PM

Oh, no doubt on the knowledge, and it does end up being a guessing game, but I think my thought is why are their picks taken so seriously (as in salary/pay for doing so) when they are so seldom right?

For me, its always been a form of entertainment, a way to keep the NFL alive in the off season. It also gives me a chance to learn about the college players being drafted that I otherwise would have no clue about.

#400 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:17 PM

For me, its always been a form of entertainment, a way to keep the NFL alive in the off season. It also gives me a chance to learn about the college players being drafted that I otherwise would have no clue about.

That's a great take. I've learned a lot about potential picks based on posters here discussing mock draft picks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=