#101 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 11 July 2021 - 06:49 PM

I love them, there is so much drama and pressure. Hell, Roberto Baggio, my all time favorite non-US, non-Scottish player, one of the greatest players of all time and named to the World Cup Dream Team in 2004, is still remembered for the penalty he missed in the 1994 World Cup Final even though he won the silver ball for scoring five goals that tournament. Of course he is remembered for so much more but that kick always comes up when his legacy is discussed. You can’t make up drama and pressure like that and you literally see that pressure in the players faces and body language. I called every missed one today by the “deer in the headlights look” the shooters had!

This game was lost when England stopped attacking after the first 30 minutes. They dropped back and hoped to just defend their way to the championship. Italy deserved the win and I was rooting for them so I am ecstatic with this result!

The problem is it isn't soccer. I would much rather have them go to golden goal after the two 15 minute extra time sessions. Add another sub each 15 minutes (shoot go 10) but play the game until someone wins. As much as I love soccer, hockey has this right.

Now you are correct about the drama. Its intense for sure.

• Hooded Viper likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=