• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:17 PM

CBS Sports: 2021 Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep: Top-100 picks to avoid in Chris Towers' Busts 2.0

https://www.cbssport...wers-busts-2-0/

#2 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,726 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 March 2021 - 08:08 AM

I have one opening in my yahoo league.  50 bucks to get in.  It's mixed league H2H.  Draft is Sunday night.  If anyone is interested let me know.

#3 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,726 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 March 2021 - 09:32 AM

Anyone interested, I'll even cover the entrance fee for you.

#4 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,556 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:34 PM

If you need someone that bad I can step up to the plate, but try to get someone willing to pay first!
  • DuffMan likes this

#5 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:50 PM

Already in 4 leagues or id hop in. Sorry duff
  • DuffMan likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:34 AM

ESPN: Fantasy baseball rankings, projections, strategy and cheat sheets

https://www.espn.com...gy-cheat-sheets

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 07:07 AM

PressBox: 2021 Fantasy Baseball: Top Injuries Heading Into The Regular Season

#8 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:06 PM

Screen-Shot-2021-03-30-at-1-59-40-PM.pngI created an anti-three true outcomes league just because I thought it'd be a nice change of pace, this is the scoring

The top five projected players from Yahoo are Nick Madrigal, Whit Merrifield, Trea Turner, DJ Lemahieu and David Fletcher 

• Mike in STL likes this

she/her

#9 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:08 PM

Screen-Shot-2021-03-30-at-1-59-40-PM.pngI created an anti-three true outcomes league just because I thought it'd be a nice change of pace, this is the scoring

The top five projected players from Yahoo are Nick Madrigal, Whit Merrifield, Trea Turner, DJ Lemahieu and David Fletcher

Couple years ago my friends and I messed around did a runs only league, for fun. Runs = 1 point. Pitchers runs allowed = -1. That was it. So it was as close to baseball scores as can be. It was run differential basically. Made it so you had to pitch 54 IP (9 IP full game * 6 days a week) a week for stats to count. A couple weeks they didn’t pay enough attention, but I had to hand write the standings versus let yahoo do it anyway. I gave a win for having a positive run differential, and another win if you had a better differential than your h2h opponent that week. So you could either score 2 wins, 1 win 1 loss, or 2 losses each week. You definitely wanted to stack up on aces, high K/rate-low ERA bullpen arms (middle relievers relevant)! and have 1-2-3-4 hitters from the same team to stack runs, so a 3 run homer may have actually credited you with 3 runs.
  • BSLRoseKatz likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#10 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,680 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:19 PM

I created an anti-three true outcomes league just because I thought it'd be a nice change of pace, this is the scoring

I understand why this is fun or interesting or whatever, but I'd like to point something out.

Lots of posters here lament the '3-true-outcomes' incremental increases we see in the Game but most (I'd say 'all', but that one person out of a hundred would try to pretend 99 out of 100 isn't actually 'all') people are also interested in and significantly supportive of analytics in Baseball and specifically the Orioles.

3-true-outcomes is a product of analytics.  If Analytics suggested a different path, teams would be working harder (see results) along that different/other path.  Players aren't doing it because they are bored or lazy.  Every situation is a probability and they are trying to figure out (and execute) the approaches with the highest probability of scoring runs and keeping runs off the board.

Anyone that laments 3-true-outcomes and supports analytics should reflect on their own hypocrisy. 

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:41 PM

I understand why this is fun or interesting or whatever, but I'd like to point something out.

Lots of posters here lament the '3-true-outcomes' incremental increases we see in the Game but most (I'd say 'all', but that one person out of a hundred would try to pretend 99 out of 100 isn't actually 'all') people are also interested in and significantly supportive of analytics in Baseball and specifically the Orioles.

3-true-outcomes is a product of analytics.  If Analytics suggested a different path, teams would be working harder (see results) along that different/other path.  Players aren't doing it because they are bored or lazy.  Every situation is a probability and they are trying to figure out (and execute) the approaches with the highest probability of scoring runs and keeping runs off the board.

Anyone that laments 3-true-outcomes and supports analytics should reflect on their own hypocrisy. 

One can't appreciate analytics to the point where they understand why the game is being played as it is... and also lament how the game is being played?  Don't see the point. 

• BSLRoseKatz likes this

#12 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 March 2021 - 04:42 PM

One can't appreciate analytics to the point where they understand why the game is being played as it is... and also lament how the game is being played?  Don't see the point. 

Yeah I fully support using that strategy if the math says it's the most likely one to win you games but I also wish the math would say something else 

she/her

#13 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,680 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:29 PM

One can't appreciate analytics to the point where they understand why the game is being played as it is... and also lament how the game is being played?   

You comments suggest that personal aesthetics to the game should take place over winning....as if a aesthetically pleasing team that regularly loses would be better.

I have a longer response, but let's just go with "no".

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:40 PM

You comments suggest that personal aesthetics to the game should take place over winning....as if a aesthetically pleasing team that regularly loses would be better.

I have a longer response, but let's just go with "no".

Strange interpretation.

I wrote one can understand why the game is played as it is currently.

I can dislike how the game is played in-terms of my own watch- ability, but I wouldn't argue to play differently in place of what would give you a better chance of winning.
  • BSLRoseKatz likes this

#15 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,726 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:25 AM

Couple of guys on waivers at the moment.  Who would you rather take a chance on.  Colome or Keuchel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=