Photo

Camden Chat: Which dark horses have the best shot of cracking the Orioles roster?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:26 AM

Camden Chat: Which dark horses have the best shot of cracking the Orioles roster?

https://www.camdench...-orioles-roster

#2 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:35 PM

I think I generally have liked Andrea's stuff...and this is OK, but I think she is trying to make this a little harder than it is.

Valaika has a contract.  He can be sent to the minors, but he would seem to be the way easiest answer to complete the infield rotations.  Guys like Jones are going to have to wait.

I think you also have to discuss options for players as part of this.  That can obviously change with a guys status (waived), but we're already into ST...this isn't December, the Orioles don't really care and their roster appears complete.

Would they let Bannon make it over Valaika and try to save a $100k, given what we've already seen, sure.  So my 'one guy' vote goes to Bannon.

Means we can write in, in pen.  Akin and Kremer we can write in, in pencil.

Lopez is out of options and they started promoting him the day the season ended last year.  Pencil, not pen, but definitely pencil.

With Cobb traded, it feels like they'll try and limp some innings out of Felix, LeBlanc and Harvey.

The rest of the options go to AAA and we'll see some portion of them over time as they try to cobble together 162 (for now) ML games.

You also have Armstrong and Valdez out of options and Sceroler and Wells unavailable to send to the minors.  Thats 4, Harvey is 5.  2 lefties are 7 and you have many options like Sulser nad Lakins ++++ for the last initial spot.

If I had to pick a pitcher, it would probably be Goudeau....but probably more as the guy that fills in across some other injury or availability issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=