Photo

2021 NFL General Talk (LA Rams Win SB 56)

• Please log in to reply
1492 replies to this topic

#1481 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 07:55 PM

I could have gone either way on the MVP.  Donald's defensive play in the second half sealed the game for the Rams.  Kupp came up huge on the last drive and there is precedent for that kind of last drive play winning the MVP......Santio Holmes.  Stafford threw 3 TDs and 2 ints, but came up huge on the drive when they needed it.  

I was actually rooting for Cincinnati, but the Rams deserved the win because when the game was on the line they came up with the clutch plays on both sides of the ball.  

#1482 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 06:17 AM

What do we think Odell Beckham's free agency market looks like? Probably won't be able to play until late November or December at the earliest, but clearly he can still be a major difference maker for an NFL team.

Seems on the right team where he doesn't have to be the #1, he can be a contributor.  But those situations won't pay top dollar.  If he's going for a big payday, a bad team with cap room will give him a big contract and you'll likely see a repeat of the Browns.

• Steve55 likes this

#1483 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 06:43 AM

Seems on the right team where he doesn't have to be the #1, he can be a contributor.  But those situations won't pay top dollar.  If he's going for a big payday, a bad team with cap room will give him a big contract and you'll likely see a repeat of the Browns.

He will still believe he's a #1 . With his injury he may have to wait to be signed during camp or mid season. 

#1484 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 06:45 AM

Beckham has a torn acl . Haven't seen anything on Burrow's injury. You could see he had no zip on his passes after he went down. May have been just a strain.

#1485 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 07:51 AM

Beckham has a torn acl . Haven't seen anything on Burrow's injury. You could see he had no zip on his passes after he went down. May have been just a strain.

Just heard that on the radio.  Two ACL tears in two years is definitely going to lower his market.

#1486 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 08:29 AM

Just heard that on the radio.  Two ACL tears in two years is definitely going to lower his market.

hopefully, he stays away from those fireworks lol

#1487 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 08:31 AM

https://nesn.com/202...uper-bowl-loss/

#1488 JimJohnson

JimJohnson

HOF

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 08:35 AM

I keep seeing talk about Matthew Stafford having earned a spot in the Hall of Fame with her performance and win on Sunday. I personally think that's ridiculous. Sure, he's put up numbers, but not all of them are good. Although Stafford was great on the final drive, this was hardly a QB driven championship. I'm happy for him after escaping Detroit, but people need to look at a player's body of work, not just what he did in more recent game.

Jim Johnson
BSL Contributor

#1489 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 09:52 AM

I keep seeing talk about Matthew Stafford having earned a spot in the Hall of Fame with her performance and win on Sunday. I personally think that's ridiculous. Sure, he's put up numbers, but not all of them are good. Although Stafford was great on the final drive, this was hardly a QB driven championship. I'm happy for him after escaping Detroit, but people need to look at a player's body of work, not just what he did in more recent game.

Yeah he probably needs another ring at least or some very strong seasons with the Rams.  He put up some big numbers in Detroit, but this era has watered down passing stats and a lot of his numbers came in garbage time.

#1490 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:52 AM

No, he's not in yet.  That's crazy.

His counting stats are probably behind pace a little bit, for example he's not as good statistically through Age 33 as Rivers or Roethlisberger who I think both get in (Ben for sure because of the ring, Rivers maybe eventually).  He's ahead of Eli on stats, but not sure Eli is a HOF and if he is it's because of his two SBs more than his in-season performance.

He's now checked the Super Bowl box, but one won't get him in unless he has a really good back-end of his career.

#1491 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 15 February 2022 - 11:33 AM

Stafford went from not a winner to a Super Bowl winning QB just in one season. I guess he must have gotten a lot better and/or learned how to win.

Or it's almost like team situation matters a ton.

#1492 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 11:36 AM

It sucks for Odell that he got hurt, but I'm glad he won a title while proving that he can both still play at a high level and be a positive presence on a contending team. I feel that he's been unfairly maligned a lot throughout much of his career.
  • Mackus likes this

#1493 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 12:04 PM

That no look pass from Stafford to Kupp is a thing of beauty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=