Photo

2021 NFL General Talk (LA Rams Win SB 56)

• Please log in to reply
1492 replies to this topic

#361 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 12:21 PM

Goodell paid nearly $128M over two years.

https://sports.yahoo...-044113820.html

Must be those “keep Congress away and hold us fake accountable” bonuses kicking in.

Pretty crazy that the commissioner is making $20 mil more a year than the highest paid player.

• Mike in STL likes this

#362 BSLSidSaraf

BSLSidSaraf

NFL Analyst

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 02:34 PM

BSL: 2021 NFL: Week 8

https://baltimorespo...021-nfl-week-8/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#363 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,452 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 03:23 PM

ESPN: NFL Week 8 game picks, schedule guide, fantasy football tips, odds, injuries and more

https://www.espn.com...s-injuries-more

#364 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 05:34 PM

I just read that when Goodell took over 15 years ago the average team was worth $900M with $31M profits per year. Today it’s $2.5B and $100M profit per team. Explains his pay I’d say.

#365 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 02:22 PM

Bills lead 1-6 Miami 10-3 entering the 4th quarter.

We’d be freaking out if this was the Ravens looking subpar, but this is just the NFL and a reminder one game really is a small sample to draw many conclusions from.
@BSLMikeRandall

#366 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 02:59 PM

Jets take a 4th quarter lead over Cincy.
@BSLMikeRandall

#367 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 03:15 PM

Jets take a 4th quarter lead over Cincy.

I'll be happy for a Jets upset here, but that Helmet to helmet they just called on CIN was just horrible. There's nothing that dude can do there, he's already low and the receiver actually lowers HIS helmet second to basically meet the DB. Something has to change with that rule...
  • Mike in STL and cprenegade like this

#368 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 31 October 2021 - 03:32 PM

Both Ohio teams lose. Cliche though it is, it truly is a week to week any given Sunday league.

#369 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:01 PM

Made a brilliant fantasy trade this week, Gainwell (RB - Philadephia) Callaway ( WR - New Orleans) for Tee Higgins (WR - Cinci).

Gainwell got significantly less touches than he did when Sanders was healthy, makes zero sense. I feel like an idiot.
  • Mike in STL and cprenegade like this

#370 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:02 PM

Both Ohio teams lose. Cliche though it is, it truly is a week to week any given Sunday league.

Great outcome for the Ravens all around. Both threats lose, and Pittsburgh picks up another pointless win and loses premium draft positions because of it.

#371 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:26 PM

Terrible call went against Cincinnati that enabled the Jets to run out the clock.  Just under 2 minutes left, Cincy had all 3 of their TOs and the Jets had third and long.  They threw underneath and the Cincinnati defense had it locked down.  The defender was coming in about waist high and the Jets RB dipped down low and appeared to initiate helmet to helmet contact.  They called a personal foul on the defender and gave the Jets a new set of downs.  Instead of Cincy getting the ball back with about 1:40 and all of their timeouts, they had to burn all their timeouts and try to hold the Jets again.  

Hard to feel sorry for Cincy.  They had a big lead and let a terrible team come back and beat them.  But that call was so bad.  And it's not even reviewable!  So you're telling me you can look at a play for 10 minutes to determine if a ball started coming out before a knee touched, or if a receiver got a toe inbounds, but you can't review that play to see that the RB dipped down low and initiated the contact on the defender?  The NFL has to change that.  Either get rid of replay and admit that there are going to be mistakes, or make everything reviewable.  That was simply a horrendous call at a critical moment.  

• russsnyder likes this

#372 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:30 PM

Made a brilliant fantasy trade this week, Gainwell (RB - Philadephia) Callaway ( WR - New Orleans) for Tee Higgins (WR - Cinci).

Gainwell got significantly less touches than he did when Sanders was healthy, makes zero sense. I feel like an idiot.

I feel ya.  I picked up Gainwell off of the waiver wire this week and started him.  A whopping big 1 point.  I thought he would get a lot more touches as well.  

#373 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:40 PM

Terrible call went against Cincinnati that enabled the Jets to run out the clock. Just under 2 minutes left, Cincy had all 3 of their TOs and the Jets had third and long. They threw underneath and the Cincinnati defense had it locked down. The defender was coming in about waist high and the Jets RB dipped down low and appeared to initiate helmet to helmet contact. They called a personal foul on the defender and gave the Jets a new set of downs. Instead of Cincy getting the ball back with about 1:40 and all of their timeouts, they had to burn all their timeouts and try to hold the Jets again.

Hard to feel sorry for Cincy. They had a big lead and let a terrible team come back and beat them. But that call was so bad. And it's not even reviewable! So you're telling me you can look at a play for 10 minutes to determine if a ball started coming out before a knee touched, or if a receiver got a toe inbounds, but you can't review that play to see that the RB dipped down low and initiated the contact on the defender? The NFL has to change that. Either get rid of replay and admit that there are going to be mistakes, or make everything reviewable. That was simply a horrendous call at a critical moment.

That was an awful call. The defender could not have been lower and still on his feet.

Contrast that with the NCAA; during Michigan/Michigan State game yesterday a targeting call was reversed after a reasonably quick replay look.
  • cprenegade likes this

#374 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:42 PM

And some of the coaching decisions really leave me scratching my head also.

Last week the Giants sent Daniel Jones out in a pattern and threw to him.  He took a shot.  Didn't he have a concussion earlier this year in a game?  Why are you putting your QB at risk like that?  I know he isn't HOF material but he is your starting QB.

And today, Mike Tomlin, who I respect as a coach, declined a FG late in the half of a 3-3 game and called a fake.  Ok, maybe I can see that.  But he let his kicker roll out with the ball and try to find someone open in the end zone.  (At least I assume that Tomlin signed off on that)  So what happens?  Cleveland defender steamrolls Boswell, who looks like he can be broken in two as easily as most of the twigs in my yard, and knocks him out of the game.  So, now Pittsburgh has no kicker.  They got a TD down 10-3, but had to go for two because they had no kicker.  Later, down 10-9, they had to go on 4th and goal because, again, they had no kicker.  Roethlisberger and their TE, who made a great catch, bailed Tomlin's arse out, imo.  

Can you imagine if the Ravens did that and it happened to Tucker?  Harbaugh would be crucified.  

• Mike in STL and russsnyder like this

#375 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:17 PM

Last week the Giants sent Daniel Jones out in a pattern and threw to him. He took a shot. Didn't he have a concussion earlier this year in a game? Why are you putting your QB at risk like that? I know he isn't HOF material but he is your starting QB.

And today, Mike Tomlin, who I respect as a coach, declined a FG late in the half of a 3-3 game and called a fake. Ok, maybe I can see that. But he let his kicker roll out with the ball and try to find someone open in the end zone. (At least I assume that Tomlin signed off on that) So what happens? Cleveland defender steamrolls Boswell, who looks like he can be broken in two as easily as most of the twigs in my yard, and knocks him out of the game. So, now Pittsburgh has no kicker. They got a TD down 10-3, but had to go for two because they had no kicker. Later, down 10-9, they had to go on 4th and goal because, again, they had no kicker. Roethlisberger and their TE, who made a great catch, bailed Tomlin's arse out, imo.

Can you imagine if the Ravens did that and it happened to Tucker? Harbaugh would be crucified.

Steelers doing stupid things. Ya hate to see it. :)
  • russsnyder likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#376 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:43 PM

Terrible call went against Cincinnati that enabled the Jets to run out the clock. Just under 2 minutes left, Cincy had all 3 of their TOs and the Jets had third and long. They threw underneath and the Cincinnati defense had it locked down. The defender was coming in about waist high and the Jets RB dipped down low and appeared to initiate helmet to helmet contact. They called a personal foul on the defender and gave the Jets a new set of downs. Instead of Cincy getting the ball back with about 1:40 and all of their timeouts, they had to burn all their timeouts and try to hold the Jets again.

Hard to feel sorry for Cincy. They had a big lead and let a terrible team come back and beat them. But that call was so bad. And it's not even reviewable! So you're telling me you can look at a play for 10 minutes to determine if a ball started coming out before a knee touched, or if a receiver got a toe inbounds, but you can't review that play to see that the RB dipped down low and initiated the contact on the defender? The NFL has to change that. Either get rid of replay and admit that there are going to be mistakes, or make everything reviewable. That was simply a horrendous call at a critical moment.

That call was embarrassingly bad.

I agree that it should be reviewable.

IMO, it was two guys bracing for impact.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#377 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:46 PM

Last week the Giants sent Daniel Jones out in a pattern and threw to him. He took a shot. Didn't he have a concussion earlier this year in a game? Why are you putting your QB at risk like that? I know he isn't HOF material but he is your starting QB.

And today, Mike Tomlin, who I respect as a coach, declined a FG late in the half of a 3-3 game and called a fake. Ok, maybe I can see that. But he let his kicker roll out with the ball and try to find someone open in the end zone. (At least I assume that Tomlin signed off on that) So what happens? Cleveland defender steamrolls Boswell, who looks like he can be broken in two as easily as most of the twigs in my yard, and knocks him out of the game. So, now Pittsburgh has no kicker. They got a TD down 10-3, but had to go for two because they had no kicker. Later, down 10-9, they had to go on 4th and goal because, again, they had no kicker. Roethlisberger and their TE, who made a great catch, bailed Tomlin's arse out, imo.

Can you imagine if the Ravens did that and it happened to Tucker? Harbaugh would be crucified.

Yeah, those were stupid decisions.

I thought the hit on Boswell was late.

Surprised there wasn't a roughing call.

Take the easy three points.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#378 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:47 PM

Steelers doing stupid things. Ya hate to see it. :)

Lol

#379 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:49 PM

Washington's kicker has the unfortunate last name of Blewitt. He just had a field goal blocked.
  • cprenegade likes this

#380 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 06:22 PM

Washington's kicker has the unfortunate last name of Blewitt. He just had a field goal blocked.

I think they said he has had something like 4 blocked in the last few weeks.  There is something fundamentally wrong with you kicking approach if that is true.  You are kicking the ball way too low.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=