2525 replies to this topic

#461 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,929 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:23 AM

Went IOL with our 3rd pick. Cleveland is massive. Also has good technique. From everything I've seen, his limited athleticism kept him from being a higher rated prospect.

Call me crazy, but I'm ok with my guard being a massive, unathletic bolder of a man that employs good technique.

Except the Ravens pull a lot, so if he's really unathletic that may be an issue. Or need to alter the playcalling at times.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#462 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 07:44 AM

So with Cleveland, Phillips, Powers and Bredeson, figure you have to come out of that group with a decent option at LG. Best case scenario, Phillips shows considerable improvement and pushes whichever FA they bring in for the RT spot, and you get a competent starter at LG and some good depth from the other three.

It was posted elsewhere that Harbaugh was pounding the table for Cleveland. Wonder if that gives him an edge coming into the group? 

#463 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,964 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:18 PM

Ravens are planning for 100% capacity at M&T this season.

Ravens Planning for Full Capacity at M&T Bank Stadium in 2021 (baltimoreravens.com)

#464 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:51 PM

Ravens are planning for 100% capacity at M&T this season.

Ravens Planning for Full Capacity at M&T Bank Stadium in 2021 (baltimoreravens.com)

Hope so .Everyone in the family's been vaccinated so shouldn't be that problem if needed.

#465 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,606 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:38 PM

Absolutely no reason not to have 100% capacity this fall. 

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#466 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:47 PM

Absolutely no reason not to have 100% capacity this fall. 

I'd stand clear of that "absolutely" stuff, only because we haven't been through this kind of thing before. The more people get the shot and take care of themselves the better chance of the epidemic cooling down. But if lots of people are irresponsible and just act like it's all clear, and we get another wave, the state could pull it back and there's nothing the Ravens could do. Baseball is going to fill it up soon, so we'll get to see how it goes. Definitely go full speed ahead though, planning on 100% capacity. We really need it to happen.

#467 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,606 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 06:55 PM

I'd stand clear of that "absolutely" stuff, only because we haven't been through this kind of thing before. The more people get the shot and take care of themselves the better chance of the epidemic cooling down. But if lots of people are irresponsible and just act like it's all clear, and we get another wave, the state could pull it back and there's nothing the Ravens could do. Baseball is going to fill it up soon, so we'll get to see how it goes. Definitely go full speed ahead though, planning on 100% capacity. We really need it to happen.

The Rangers have had 100% capacity since opening day and as far as I can tell they haven’t had any issues.

My hope is that enough people are vaccinated that we are over any more major hospitalization issues.

@bopper33

#468 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 04 May 2021 - 07:01 PM

Even if it wasn't safe by then, there's no way you'd keep them from going full capacity in September.

#469 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,774 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 07:33 PM

Yes. Get the vaccine. Enjoy your free daily Krispy Kreme donut (courtesy of vaccination record). And for the love of God, enjoy full capacity football!
  • Mike B likes this

#470 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,606 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 07:40 PM

People that feel unsafe can stay home. I think it would be absurd at that point to feel unsafe if you’re fully vaccinated but nobody is forcing you to go.

@bopper33

#471 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:58 PM

The Rangers have had 100% capacity since opening day and as far as I can tell they haven’t had any issues.

My hope is that enough people are vaccinated that we are over any more major hospitalization issues.

That's my hope. I don't know how the Rangers are doing it. Looked up Tarrant County, where Arlington is. The Rangers home opener was on April 5th. On April 6 new cases doubled. But hard to pinpoint it to that because it was just one day, and we know you can have it for a while before showing the symptoms or testing positive, so it would be something that would be increasing over time, not a one day spike then back to normal. 

It's my understanding that after the home opener, the Rangers are having designated sections for distanced seating for those that don't feel comfortable sitting next to maskless strangers. 

I'm starting to worry that everyone that wants to be vaccinated, has been, and it's not nearly enough. Or maybe it is, I don't know. There is a surplus of vaccines though because all of a sudden they can't give the stuff away.

35.1% of the state of MD is fully vaccinated. Estimated 22% of the population is under 18, I'm not sure what the age cutoff is to safely be vaccinated. Have heard 16, have heard 12? (Been busy and really stopped paying attention). Have to include pregnant women (Can they get it yet?), and those who physically can't the the vaccine. Call it around about 55-60% of the population has the vaccine, or can't get it for reasons beyond their control. That means about 40-45% of Marylander's that can get it, haven't yet, and considering you can get it very easily, that very few of that 40-45%, probably won't get it. 

This falls right in line with Marylands flu vaccination rate of 57.8% in 2019-2020. 42.2% are like, "no thanks," and I figured a while back the same would happen for this as well. 

• sandiegosean likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#472 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,606 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 10:22 PM

That's my hope. I don't know how the Rangers are doing it. Looked up Tarrant County, where Arlington is. The Rangers home opener was on April 5th. On April 6 new cases doubled. But hard to pinpoint it to that because it was just one day, and we know you can have it for a while before showing the symptoms or testing positive, so it would be something that would be increasing over time, not a one day spike then back to normal.

It's my understanding that after the home opener, the Rangers are having designated sections for distanced seating for those that don't feel comfortable sitting next to maskless strangers.

I'm starting to worry that everyone that wants to be vaccinated, has been, and it's not nearly enough. Or maybe it is, I don't know. There is a surplus of vaccines though because all of a sudden they can't give the stuff away.

35.1% of the state of MD is fully vaccinated. Estimated 22% of the population is under 18, I'm not sure what the age cutoff is to safely be vaccinated. Have heard 16, have heard 12? (Been busy and really stopped paying attention). Have to include pregnant women (Can they get it yet?), and those who physically can't the the vaccine. Call it around about 55-60% of the population has the vaccine, or can't get it for reasons beyond their control. That means about 40-45% of Marylander's that can get it, haven't yet, and considering you can get it very easily, that very few of that 40-45%, probably won't get it.

This falls right in line with Marylands flu vaccination rate of 57.8% in 2019-2020. 42.2% are like, "no thanks," and I figured a while back the same would happen for this as well.

Well then herd immunity will never happen if you can get this thing more than once.

It will come down to having to get shots every year like the flu shot and those that refuse to get it will be the ones at risk.

Ideally this is something that you get once and never get it again but who knows

@bopper33

#473 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:10 AM

The Ravens put out that they are planning for full capacity, the governor has said he is shooting for that, the Mayor has not been so quick to say that.  The Mayor put out a statement that sort of tempers those expectations.  The Mayor of Baltimore, and the Baltimore City Health dept. has been behind the rest of the state when it comes to opening things up.   You should be able to see how it is moving, or not moving, based on Camden Yards requirements.  So far there has been no movement on opening Camden Yards up to more fans than were allowed on opening day.  I think there will be a lot of push back if he doesn't allow full capacity, but in the end no matter what the Ravens say, or the governor says, the mayor has the final say on what percentage of fans will be allowed in the stadium.

Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott released a statement, saying: "I cannot wait to watch my Ravens, but the COVID-19 pandemic is not over just yet. While I am hopeful that the downward COVID-19 trends in Baltimore will continue through the start of the NFL season, recent history proves case spikes can occur. Whether you are rooting for the Ravens at M&T (Bank) Stadium or a small gathering with friends, please adhere to the expert guidance (the) from Baltimore City Health Department -- maintain social distance, wear a mask and get fully vaccinated.

https://www.wbaltv.c...s-year/36329769

#474 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,929 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:21 AM

I think that's the right opinion, if we don't have any spikes then we'll be open.  I think that's what everyone is saying even if it's not explicitly stated.  It's not like the Governor or Bisciotti is going to hold themselves to their recent comments and force the stadium open at 100% capacity if we've experience a new spike or variant that is as bad as ever.  Everyone is on board, IMO.

#475 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 09:03 AM

I'm sure the Ravens and Buffalo are keeping a close eye on the Aaron Rogers situation.  It's being reported that the Packers offered him a monster contract that would make him the highest paid QB in the league.  That could affect the Jackson and Allen contracts if it happens.

https://www.cbssport...this-offseason/

#476 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 May 2021 - 09:57 AM

I got my shots, in part because I wanted to be able to get back to a normal life as much as possible.  I am looking forward to going to the Ravens games. I will be wearing a mask, but I sure hope the mayor doesn't rain on that parade.

• Steve55 likes this
@mikeghg

#477 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 May 2021 - 10:49 AM

I don't want to descend into a discussion of the COVID protocols but to say they've been confusing would be an understatement. Bottom line, the NFL wants to make money and running the majority of the 2020 season with no fans in the stands was a big blow to the NFL coffers.

If you look critically at the situation, most of the COVID safety protocols are for optics, nothing more. NFL stadiums will be full in 2021 because, ultimately, the almighty dollar is king.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#478 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:20 PM

I got my shots, in part because I wanted to be able to get back to a normal life as much as possible.  I am looking forward to going to the Ravens games. I will be wearing a mask, but I sure hope the mayor doesn't rain on that parade.

A lot of the local pols want their say. The mayor knows most of the attendance comes from out of the city. Don't know when they will increase O's capacity.

#479 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 12:25 PM

I don't want to descend into a discussion of the COVID protocols but to say they've been confusing would be an understatement. Bottom line, the NFL wants to make money and running the majority of the 2020 season with no fans in the stands was a big blow to the NFL coffers.

If you look critically at the situation, most of the COVID safety protocols are for optics, nothing more. NFL stadiums will be full in 2021 because, ultimately, the almighty dollar is king.

There was a story on ESPN where the GM of the Bills is uncertain about stadiums being filled. He has 2 players on 5th yr options next year.

#480 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 May 2021 - 03:09 PM

A lot of the local pols want their say. The mayor knows most of the attendance comes from out of the city. Don't know when they will increase O's capacity.

The people coming from outside the city are spending money in the city.  The Ravens have had my season ticket money for over a year!.  I want to use it.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=