360 replies to this topic

#81 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:09 PM

Jeff Ermann tweeted earlier that he heard Lewis may have played on the torn knee for 2 years which is...something. Doesn’t bode well for his high school’s trainers, Florida doctors, or both.

Geez, and yet the kid was still a 5-star recruit. Imagine what a beast he could be with a healthy knee?

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#82 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:48 AM

Sounds like one of the backup QBs (Foust or Najarian) has suffered a relatively serious injury in camp. Not sure what the nature of it is yet, but not knee-related. They do have another walk-on coming in this summer, but the spring QB situation is pretty dire right now.

@BSLZackKiesel

#83 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:12 AM

What's Josh Jackson's status? He opted out last year, but never heard that he officially left the program and joined somewhere else.

#84 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2021 - 10:16 AM

What's Josh Jackson's status? He opted out last year, but never heard that he officially left the program and joined somewhere else.

I'm not sure, but he's been removed from the roster and his scholarship is being used elsewhere. There's currently just one open scholarship for 2021, and the plan is still to use it on an offensive tackle.

@BSLZackKiesel

#85 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:36 AM

UMTerps: Maryland Announces Attendance Guidelines For Spring Football Game On April 24

https://umterps.com/...n-april-24.aspx

Admission will still be free, but tickets must be claimed in advance for seating in socially-distanced pods.

@BSLZackKiesel

#86 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:52 PM

Sounds like one of the backup QBs (Foust or Najarian) has suffered a relatively serious injury in camp. Not sure what the nature of it is yet, but not knee-related. They do have another walk-on coming in this summer, but the spring QB situation is pretty dire right now.

Unfortunately it sounds as though it was Najarian (not that you'd want it to happen to either, but Najarian was likely ahead on the DC). I would imagine it's too late at this point to see if one of the 2022 QB commits can reclassify to this year. Time to start looking over the roster and see who else has prior QB experience....or dust off the old playbook and install a lot of wildcat formations.

#87 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:11 PM

Did some quick research, and looks like WR DeJuan Ellis, WR Jeshaun Jones, WR Sean Leonard, TE CJ Dippre, and DB Lavonte Gater all played some QB in high school. Could be missing a few others.

• BSLMikeLowe likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#88 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:17 PM

Did some quick research, and looks like WR DeJuan Ellis, WR Jeshaun Jones, WR Sean Leonard, TE CJ Dippre, and DB Lavonte Gater all played some QB in high school. Could be missing a few others.

Jones has already thrown a TD pass for them, so that's a start.

• BSLZackKiesel and BSLRoseKatz like this

#89 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:18 PM

DB Dante Trader, Jr. also played QB in high school, so add him to the list.

@BSLZackKiesel

#90 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:27 PM

3 qb's I found unsigned in the Class of '21. Maybe one of them?

Jordan Pierce, 2 star Rivals, Bishop McNamara / Maryland

Trey Miles, 3 star Rivals, Alabama, 0 stars 247

Lamarcus Brown, 3 star Rivals, 3 stars 247 Alabama

Need some bodies.

#91 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:40 PM

Need some bodies.

Unless they can bring one in as a PWO, they’re still planning on using the one remaining 2021 scholarship on an offensive tackle.
@BSLZackKiesel

#92 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:40 PM

Need some bodies.

They're probably unsigned at this point for a reason (injury, academics, poor fit football-wise). I suppose you could offer one a PWO spot if you think he could run your scout team, but I definitely wouldn't think of giving out the final available scholarship at this point....aside from either a transfer you think can compete on the depth chart or one of the 2022 guys who can/wants to reclassify.

#93 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:41 PM

Unless they can bring one in as a PWO, they’re still planning on using the one remaining 2021 scholarship on an offensive tackle.

Probably a good choice to go OT. They need to protect Tagovailoa like he's fine porcelain china now.

#94 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:46 PM

You can't go into a year with just Tagovailoa, Foust, and thinking about the other guys on the roster who played in HS. 

I mean this is even an issue for just getting through Spring Ball, and Summer camp in-terms of having enough reps to go around. 

Here's the transfer portal... 

https://247sports.co...tus=uncommitted

Get someone.  

I'm all about building from the lines out, but you've got 18 O-lineman on the roster.  Make that work out somehow.  Find another QB.

#95 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:53 PM

You can't go into a year with just Tagovailoa, Foust, and thinking about the other guys on the roster who played in HS.

I mean this is even an issue for just getting through Spring Ball, and Summer camp in-terms of having enough reps to go around.

Get someone.

I'm all about building from the lines out, but you've got 18 O-lineman on the roster. Make that work out somehow. Find another QB.

They’re adding a PWO this summer, so they’ll have a total of 3 QBs on the roster. It’s not ideal, but finding a quality addition who’s eligible immediately at this point in the year will be damn near impossible and probably a wasted scholarship. If you’re down to your 4th QB option, you’re screwed anyway. Who cares if it’s a guy who was originally recruited to play DB?

We also don’t know the nature of Najarian’s injury, so it’s possible he’s available at some point during the year.
@BSLZackKiesel

#96 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:57 PM

Always thought his connection with Enos would make Perry a natural choice to pursue, but I never heard of any interest on either side there.

Kendall would also be interesting, especially since their first game of the season is against WVU. (maybe he could be Scott McBrien, Part II)

#97 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:01 PM

They’re adding a PWO this summer, so they’ll have a total of 3 QBs on the roster. It’s not ideal, but finding a quality addition who’s eligible immediately at this point in the year will be damn near impossible and probably a wasted scholarship. If you’re down to your 4th QB option, you’re screwed anyway. Who cares if it’s a guy who was originally recruited to play DB?

We also don’t know the nature of Najarian’s injury, so it’s possible he’s available at some point during the year.

Let's start with Najarian's injury and get the status there first. Agreed there. 

Also agree if MD loses Tagovailoa, Foust, and Najarian.. whatever, you play with whoever. And basically you go all wildcat. Doesn't matter if someone is playing out of position at that point, it's whatever. 

Also good to know they'll get another PWO. That can help in the Summer, and makes me feel better overall.

In the Spring, if you are down to just Tagovailoa and Foust... that hurts what you can accomplish.
In the Summer, if you have Tagovailoa and the other 3...  then at-least camp should be fine. 

If MD can add a QB they feel better about in-terms of in-comparison to Foust, Najarian, and the incoming PWO... I'd rather have that guy vs. another lineman.

#98 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:18 PM

If MD can add a QB they feel better about in-terms of in-comparison to Foust, Najarian, and the incoming PWO... I'd rather have that guy vs. another lineman.

I agree with your first part. With last year being a relative non-entity on the progression timeline, this season is very important to the development of the program. If you can get someone off the portal who you feel good enough about putting out there to run your offense, you need to do that. But if you can't get someone who fits that description, then might as well beef up the OL in hope of doing the best to protect the QBs you have available. Otherwise you are looking at back-to-back lost seasons, even though both were due to bad luck circumstances.

#99 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:50 PM

Per someone on Testudo Times, here's the identity of the PWO QB that is supposed to be coming this summer, Ryan Duell from West Chester, PA.

https://www.hudl.com...225c1075cfde3bf

After watching that, not someone you expect to make any contribution this year (unless there are just no other options).

• BSLZackKiesel and ShoNuff07 like this

#100 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:31 AM

Per someone on Testudo Times, here's the identity of the PWO QB that is supposed to be coming this summer, Ryan Duell from West Chester, PA.

https://www.hudl.com...225c1075cfde3bf

After watching that, not someone you expect to make any contribution this year (unless there are just no other options).

It appears he announced this almost a month ago via twitter:

https://twitter.com/...400135604211718

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Our Sponsors

width=