#1001 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:41 AM

If we want to talk crybabys how about Baker looking for a flag after almost every play.  I'm really glad we won, his whole throw the ball at the wall after he scored was some bs trying to one up Lamar.

• PrimeTime likes this

#1002 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:46 AM

If we want to talk crybabys how about Baker looking for a flag after almost every play. I'm really glad we won, his whole throw the ball at the wall after he scored was some bs trying to one up Lamar.

He's an annoying manchild. Trying to be Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady is cute though.
  • kudzu likes this

#1003 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:46 AM

Correct, he was 24 and not license and without helmet and was fined.

But, the women was cited for causing the accident.

With that said, that was a seriously horrible accident to suffer and the damage he suffered as a result of his poor decisions.

I stand corrected about the woman being cited.

I don't recall him defending her to Steeler fans regarding the death threats.

At the end of the day, Ben is a douche and Lamar is a good guy.

• Mike B and Old Man like this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1004 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:49 AM

If we want to talk crybabys how about Baker looking for a flag after almost every play.  I'm really glad we won, his whole throw the ball at the wall after he scored was some bs trying to one up Lamar.

Progressive should make a commercial where Mayfield gives the keys to the stadium to Lamar.

I mean, Lamar owned that place last night

• You Play to Win the Game, The Epic, DuffMan and 2 others like this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1005 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:54 AM

I stand corrected about the woman being cited.

I don't recall him defending her to Steeler fans regarding the death threats.

At the end of the day, Ben is a douche and Lamar is a good guy.

Ben is a douche and there are too many of them in sports. There are some former Ravens that fit into this category, too, as no team is not afflicted with them.

#1006 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,662 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:57 AM

Is Progressive located in Cleveland? I know the baseball stadium is Progressive Field.

Just looked it up. They're located in....Mayfield, OH. 

Makes sense now.

• russsnyder likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#1007 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:23 AM

Guys, I missed the game last night, I thought it was Tuesday. Did something happen ;)

I mean wow, Lamar, wow. If he doesn't have a cleats issue early and Brown doesn't drop at least 2 first down passes, this game is a total smoke show. It seems to jive with the cramping that Lamar came out right after those over throws. Both were wide open looks, both were the right reads. He just missed those throws. 

I like what the Ravens offense did last night, on passing plays it was a defined read and attack and if it wasn't there there were one or two secondary reads and then Lamar was gone. It paid off several times. They need to keep calling plays and coaching up those definitive looks. Try and get a specific read, if you don't get it, break down the play early and stress the defense. 

Maybe the defense gets a COVID/injury pass, but it's time to start showing up and start being a little more aggressive, IMO. When you're passive, Marlon Humphrey gets beat by Hunt for a TD. Sometimes you just have to play man press in big situations, bring an extra pass rusher or two, and let your guys win. I'd like to see the Ravens do that a few more times a game. It seems like we're more about simulated pressure than not and teams know it. You can simulate pressure but you need to be bringing it often at some point amid those or you get a lot of those quick outs and stop routes like the Browns seemed to be hitting all 4th quarter. Injuries change some of that, but the passive stuff wasn't even working, so why not try and make the other team do something impressive to beat you? 

#1008 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:24 AM

The player of the game last night was Kareem Hunt. If he doesn't okey doke Marlon and fight into the endzone, we might've ended up in overtime. 

It was very reminiscent of Kyle Juszczyk fighting for that TD on Christmas night 2016 at the big ketchup bottle. We left Ben too much time. Last night, they left Lamar too much time and the best kicker on the planet certainly did not disappoint. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1009 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:26 AM

The player of the game last night was Kareem Hunt. If he doesn't okey doke Marlon and fight into the endzone, we might've ended up in overtime. 

It was very reminiscent of Kyle Juszczyk fighting for that TD on Christmas night 2016 at the big ketchup bottle. We left Ben too much time. Last night, they left Lamar too much time and the best kicker on the planet certainly did not disappoint. 

One of those games, when the winner was determined to be the last one with the ball on offensive.

#1010 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:33 AM

Don't forget when he intentionally missed the two point conversion catch so he could share it with a teammate, too. :) 

I thought his sideline catch was out of bounds, but he toe dragged the outside foot. Maybe Hollywood coud learn something from him. 

#1011 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:42 AM

Guys, I missed the game last night, I thought it was Tuesday. Did something happen ;)

You didn't miss much, just another ho-hum game decided by a boring field goal.  :eek:

• JordanKough likes this

#1012 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:51 AM

You didn't miss much, just another ho-hum game decided by a boring field goal.  :eek:

Oh so Tucker missed again?? ;) 

• JStruds likes this

#1013 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:56 AM

I mean wow, Lamar, wow. If he doesn't have a cleats issue early and Brown doesn't drop at least 2 first down passes, this game is a total smoke show. It seems to jive with the cramping that Lamar came out right after those over throws. Both were wide open looks, both were the right reads. He just missed those throws. 

I like what the Ravens offense did last night, on passing plays it was a defined read and attack and if it wasn't there there were one or two secondary reads and then Lamar was gone. It paid off several times. They need to keep calling plays and coaching up those definitive looks. Try and get a specific read, if you don't get it, break down the play early and stress the defense. 

Maybe the defense gets a COVID/injury pass, but it's time to start showing up and start being a little more aggressive, IMO. When you're passive, Marlon Humphrey gets beat by Hunt for a TD. Sometimes you just have to play man press in big situations, bring an extra pass rusher or two, and let your guys win. I'd like to see the Ravens do that a few more times a game. It seems like we're more about simulated pressure than not and teams know it. You can simulate pressure but you need to be bringing it often at some point amid those or you get a lot of those quick outs and stop routes like the Browns seemed to be hitting all 4th quarter. Injuries change some of that, but the passive stuff wasn't even working, so why not try and make the other team do something impressive to beat you? 

I think there are players definitely dealing with post Covid, and I think Lamar's issues last night might bre an example.  Lamar fought through it and the Ravens are now in decent shape for maybe winning out.  This year has been a challenge with all the injuries, Covid etc. but 11-5 is within reach.

I think Lamar goes wild the next 3 games.  Buckle up, the season is not over yet.

@mikeghg

#1014 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:57 AM

I like re-watching the top 25 games in Ravens history.  This one definitely lands in the top 5.

@mikeghg

#1015 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:57 AM

I think there are players definitely dealing with post Covid, and I think Lamar's issues last night might bre an example.  Lamar fought through it and the Ravens are now in decent shape for maybe winning out.  This year has been a challenge with all the injuries, Covid etc. but 11-5 is within reach.

I think Lamar goes wild the next 3 games.  Buckle up, the season is not over yet.

Even if they win out, you think this team has the ability to get past round 1?

#1016 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:00 PM

Lamar coming back rescued the Ravens.  He made the plays down the stretch.  That is what great players do.  And Lamar is a great player.  The thing that was impressive was he made the plays throwing the ball down the stretch.  The throw to Brown and the 3 passes on the final drive to Andrews and the one to  Snead were clutch.

There was another great player on the field at the end.  In the cold, wind and on a ragged slippery field, Justin Tucker stood over a 55 yard field goal, aimed at the Dawg pound.   No problem, he nailed the FG and broke the Browns hearts.  Tucker is money,.  .

After the blocked extra point, I almost asked the group if we should start worrying about Tucker. Glad I didn't.  There are other kickers who could make that kick, but scant few of them I'd be remotely as confident about.

#1017 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:08 PM

Were you more hyped after the Tucker kick or the Lamar returning on 4th down and hitting the TD? 

I wonder in that instance of Cleveland would have been better off taking their 30-second time out right there and not letting the Ravens get the 2-minute warning break. That wouldn't have left Lamar a lot of time and/or forced the Ravens to take a full timeout there, too. I guess the Ravens get the McSorley TO regardless there since they are outside of the two minute warning. 

#1018 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:11 PM

Were you more hyped after the Tucker kick or the Lamar returning on 4th down and hitting the TD? 

I wonder in that instance of Cleveland would have been better off taking their 30-second time out right there and not letting the Ravens get the 2-minute warning break. That wouldn't have left Lamar a lot of time and/or forced the Ravens to take a full timeout there, too. I guess the Ravens get the McSorley TO regardless there since they are outside of the two minute warning. 

Tucker kick.  The Lamar thing was way to mind-jarring to register as elation.

And yes, Cleveland absolutely should've used a timeout on the other side of the 2-minute warning.  I also think the Ravens should've used a timeout before the play McSorley was knocked out on, if they knew Jackson was that close to returning.

#1019 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:13 PM

Ravens shouldnt have used on of their TO on Cle last drive. Also a case for Hollywood going down inside the 5 and makinf Cle use TOs. Thats risky though if we have to settle for 3 Cle still wouldve had enough time to get in FG range with 3 TOs

#1020 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 12:15 PM

The only thing I'll say is in the moments that he was gone not only did it feel like the game was slipping away but essentially the whole season as well. People were reacting super emotionally.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=