#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 07:27 AM

Should be fun.

Certainly is important.

Run the ball, and commit to stopping / slowing their rushing attack.

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 08:28 AM

If the run defense shows up they should win. If it doesn't they likely will not.

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,279 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 09:19 AM

Weird feeling we come in and blow them out. I have no reason for that. I'm not real confident with this iteration of the team. Defense played soft the past 3 weeks. Coverage was pretty bad against Dallas. Run defense gave up way too much to a team playing a college level O-line, that couldn't run on anyone else prior.

Offense is still extremely inconsistent. Lamar is a mixed bag of huge plays that scream unanimous MVP, and terrible plays that scream Kyle Boller. Roman still hasn't figured out his best weapon is JK Dobbins.

On top of that Cleveland has been clicking. They just throttled the same Tennessee team that wore us down and stole our lunch.

Everything says we should get beat. But some weird gut feeling in me is saying we handle them.

#4 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 10:14 AM

Weird feeling we come in and blow them out. I have no reason for that. I'm not real confident with this iteration of the team. Defense played soft the past 3 weeks. Coverage was pretty bad against Dallas. Run defense gave up way too much to a team playing a college level O-line, that couldn't run on anyone else prior.

Offense is still extremely inconsistent. Lamar is a mixed bag of huge plays that scream unanimous MVP, and terrible plays that scream Kyle Boller. Roman still hasn't figured out his best weapon is JK Dobbins.

On top of that Cleveland has been clicking. They just throttled the same Tennessee team that wore us down and stole our lunch.

Everything says we should get beat. But some weird gut feeling in me is saying we handle them.

I will continue to beat the "Feed JK Dobbins" drum.

It seems like every time he touches the ball he's picking up 7+ yards, and I think he could be one of the premier rushers in the league if they just give him the touches.

As I recall he was also pretty good catching it out of the backfield but I may be misremembering. Either way, he is the most talented skill position player on the team.

#5 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:24 AM

Fun fact:  The last time the Browns started the season 9-3 they were the Ravens.  1994.  

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#6 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:30 AM

Will be a huge game for Cleveland.  This is a chance to show that they really have made progress.  They were blown off the field in the first game.  Returning the favor by beating the Ravens would definitely prove their legitimacy.  Plus, they just might have even more motivation.  If Pittsburgh loses on Sunday night, which I think is likely, Cleveland will still be in the hunt for the division.  After the Ravens, Cleveland plays at the Giants and at the Jets, 2 potential wins, though the Giants won't be that easy.  Pittsburgh will have to host Indy.  Cleveland winning the division isn't out of the question.

#7 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 01:12 PM

My guess is that they're trying to placate Ingram a bit and keep him from becoming a vocal malcontent by "starting" him as much as they can... Then moving to a different primary after a handful of touches. But you can throw away a scoring drive early that way. And obviously that can cost you a game. Harbs has long been reluctant to hand top roles to rookies beyond first rounders quickly, or so it seems to me.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 07:51 PM

Balt Sun: Ravens activate TE Mark Andrews, OLB Matthew Judon, fortifying roster before Browns game

• DuffMan likes this

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 10:19 PM

Balt SunRavens QB Lamar Jackson on late playoff push: ‘It’s win or go home’

#10 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 11 December 2020 - 05:37 AM

I think we find a way to win this game. I think we have Mayfield’s number and like has already been said, if Campbell, Williams, Wolfe, and company can stop Chubb it might be an easy win.

Roll Tide

#11 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 07:31 AM

This one is all about winning the line of scrimmage. The player I'm keeping an eye on the most is Campbell. Hope he's in better shape with his stamina and the injury that sidelined him. Whoever's playing RT needs to step up vs Vernon and Garrett when they put him over there.

• kudzu likes this

#12 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 05:46 AM

I can't say I feel too confident about this game, even coming off the Dallas victory.  If the Ravens even come close to the run game they had against the Cowboys, well then yeah, it will be tough for Cleveland to beat us.  But considering you could have driven cars through some of those holes against one of the most pathetic run defenses in recent memory, it's tough to think anything like that will be repeated.  For the most part, I think the two teams are evenly matched in most facets of the game and it will be close but no cigar.  The Ravens probably will lose the game on a costly turnover or penalty that occurs earlier in the game and comes back to haunt them. I passionately hope I'm wrong and would love to eat crow Tuesday morning but my gut feeling is the Ravens 2020 season comes to a end Monday night. 

#13 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:07 AM

I’m confident. We’re mostly healthy. Played to our strengths against Dallas. I don’t expect Cleveland to roll over like they did week 1 but they’re the kind of team that is due for a letdown after a big win vs Tennessee. They believe their own hype, especially Baker, so I expect him to cough up the ball a few times. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#14 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:44 AM

I think getting pressure which lead to turnovers will be the key. If the defensive line and/or clever blitzes from Wink can generate pressure then Ravens win. If not, loss.

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:53 AM

Have no idea other than to say I expect it to be competitive throughout.
  • cprenegade and Huddle It Up Films like this

#16 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 11:55 AM

It will be big if Campbell can play and be close to 100%. Would really change the defense with how Wolfe has stepped up. 

As for Ingram, his snaps are way down so they know, but it seems like he gets 2 rushes for 4 yards in the first drive every week, which is annoying. 

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 04:42 PM

They really need to be looking at this as their first playoff game. They can get in at 10-6 but a loss to Cle and they're not going to have any tiebreakers over anyone but a head to head win over Ind. If both LV and Mia get to 10 wins and we lose to Cle they'll both have better conference records. Winning them all would pretty much assure us a playoff spot at 11-5. After that, winning the 3 remaining conference games are important. If we're gonna lose a game it almost needs to be to the Giants.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#18 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 13 December 2020 - 04:52 PM

It will be big if Campbell can play and be close to 100%. Would really change the defense with how Wolfe has stepped up.

As for Ingram, his snaps are way down so they know, but it seems like he gets 2 rushes for 4 yards in the first drive every week, which is annoying.

In retrospect, Campbell should not have played vs Dallas. He looked crippled and playing robbed him of more recovery time.

#19 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 04:59 PM

In retrospect, Campbell should not have played vs Dallas. He looked crippled and playing robbed him of more recovery time.

If you can go you go. It was a must win game.

#20 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 13 December 2020 - 05:04 PM

If you can go you go. It was a must win game.

But it was Dallas. Anyway, neither of us know enough to or have input to make that call, so...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=