1044 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:24 PM

Somewhat concerned remembering the Pats carving us up with their run game. If we can slow that down I think we've got a good chance. It really is a near must win with Indy winning today.

#22 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:33 PM

Have no idea other than to say I expect it to be competitive throughout.

This is kind of where I'm at with this game.  If the Ravens came out and smacked Cleveland in the mouth and won a hard fought battle, I would not be surprised.  If Cleveland came out pumped for revenge and smacked the Ravens in the mouth and won a hard fought battle, I would not be surprised.  I expect it will be a competitive game.  The Ravens really need to win because if they end up tied at 10-6 with anybody other than Indy for a WC, they will lose the tiebreaker based on conference record.  Cleveland still might have a shot at the division pending what happens in the Steelers/Bills game, and I'm guessing they want to prove that they are for real by beating the team that routed them to start the season.  Should be a hard hitting game. 

#23 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:33 PM

Did notice we are a 3 point fav. Slidemaster can make more money!
  • BSLRoseKatz likes this

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:33 AM

I think game comes down to the line play.  If BWill, Campbell and Madubuike play and play well the Ravens chances go up.  I watched the Cowboys game a couple of times and I feel like, we saw the results of people returning from injury and illness, plus no practice.  Most of our Covid list players got to practice this week.  Hopefully that makes a difference.

@mikeghg

#25 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:47 AM

D Line has to do a better job on the edges and around the tackles. That's where the loss of a Suggs and Mosley type talents, in my eyes, shows when they get gashed more recently than they used to for, oh... like 20 years. Queen gets caught up in the wash too much, picks the wrong gap, commits too early and gets rubbed out, etc... and frankly doesn't look like he fights through contact well to me. If they can shut down the run enough to make it more one dimensional, they should hang. If they give up some big gashers early, then it opens up the big plays in the passing game later... and the corners have not been playing anywhere near their max ability lately.

I obviously don't have much confidence in Harbs and Roman to manage the game well offensively... hope they prove me wrong...

#26 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:49 AM

I'm excited for this game.  It doesn't have the cachet of Wednesday Afternoon Football but it should still be fun to watch.

• russsnyder likes this

#27 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 08:51 AM

I'm excited for this game. It doesn't have the cachet of Wednesday Afternoon Football but it should still be fun to watch.

I miss Wednesday afternoon football already! A Tuesday morning and a Friday noon game would be nice too...
  • DuffMan likes this

#28 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:08 AM

D Line has to do a better job on the edges and around the tackles. That's where the loss of a Suggs and Mosley type talents, in my eyes, shows when they get gashed more recently than they used to for, oh... like 20 years. Queen gets caught up in the wash too much, picks the wrong gap, commits too early and gets rubbed out, etc... and frankly doesn't look like he fights through contact well to me. If they can shut down the run enough to make it more one dimensional, they should hang. If they give up some big gashers early, then it opens up the big plays in the passing game later... and the corners have not been playing anywhere near their max ability lately.

I obviously don't have much confidence in Harbs and Roman to manage the game well offensively... hope they prove me wrong...

Queen is too small and weak right now to take blockers head on. I think he knows that, and tries to make up for it with his speed and agility. He tries to guess at the gap beat the blocker there. Because he knows if they get to him, he's getting swallowed up.

Queen needs to work a double all offseason, 8 hours in the weight room, 8 hours in the film room learning coverages.

He has the pure raw talent and athleticism. Just needs to learn his coverages, and bulk up. If he gets to a point where he can take on and shed blockers, he will be a stud.
  • kudzu likes this

#29 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:14 AM

I miss Wednesday afternoon football already! A Tuesday morning and a Friday noon game would be nice too...

I fully believe the NFL didn't mind having these Tuesday and Wednesday games because they wouldn't mind having more of them in the future.  

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:12 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Browns scouting report for Week 14: Who has the edge?

#31 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 December 2020 - 10:12 AM

I fully believe the NFL didn't mind having these Tuesday and Wednesday games because they wouldn't mind having more of them in the future.  

I think the NFl would having teams play double headers starting Wednesday mornings if they thought they could make $$$

@mikeghg

#32 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 14 December 2020 - 12:55 PM

Balt Sun: Ravens vs. Browns scouting report for Week 14: Who has the edge?

PREDICTION: Some fans seemed startled when the Ravens opened as a slight road favorite against the 9-3 Browns. But here’s a reality check: The Ravens have outscored opponents by 85 points while the Browns have been outscored by 15. That’s not the end of the story, but it suggests the teams’ respective records are misleading. Expect a tense battle here, with the Browns trying to show they’re for real and the Ravens fighting for their season. The Ravens’ turnover-hungry pass defense will make the final difference against Mayfield. Ravens 27, Browns 23.

If its this close I think we lose. With that said I think we hassle Mayfield all game ...Slow Chubb and win by a bunch

Roll Tide

#33 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 01:03 PM

I think point differential is mitigated in football unless you’re using it to measure a team’s success over several seasons. For instance two losses are driving Cleveland’s point differential. But, we’ll see. Last 3 games against them have been pretty non-competitive games. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#34 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 14 December 2020 - 01:11 PM

This goes in line with my prediction

Cleveland has been playing really good football as of late and deserves quite a bit of praise for doing so. But this isn’t the first time the Browns have looked like world-beaters only to come crashing back down to Earth. And until I see continued success — especially in the AFC North — I’m not going to hold my breath that they’ve finally figured it out.

This week, Baltimore proves that point once again. The Ravens blew them out of the water in Week 1 and they make yet another big statement by doing it again on “Monday Night Football,” in front of the entire country. There are few teams better than Baltimore under the lights and while the Ravens haven’t looked outstanding this season, they’ve got everything needed to open a can of . . .

Baltimore beats down Cleveland, getting a 10-point lead early and never letting the game get closer. By the final whistle, the Ravens will have won by 20-plus points.

— Matthew Stevens

https://ravenswire.u...ns-for-week-14/

• Mike B likes this
Roll Tide

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 December 2020 - 01:42 PM

This goes in line with my prediction

https://ravenswire.u...ns-for-week-14/

I wish I felt this confident.

@mikeghg

#36 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 02:44 PM

I think this game lines up for Harbaugh.

He's not a great in game coach, however, he is a good motivator.

The Ravens have been slumping and have been racked by injuries and Covid,

I think they step up and win this one. 

28-21. Ravens

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#37 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 02:46 PM

Cle is talented and wants revenge at home. Also a prime time game. I do think we'll have to play close to or at our A game level to win. I think its a good test to see if we can rally and peak late in the year.

#38 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:09 PM

I have been wildly off on my game predictions this year.  I did predict an 11-5 record prior to the season though.  I think this game comes down to the quarterbacks and which one has fewer mistakes.   The Ravens usually have Mayfield's number,  so I pick them to win.   I am  hoping Andrews is healthy and not too rusty.   Is Snead back?  I hope so.  If not, this could be an opportunity for Dez.   

#39 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:09 PM

Cle is talented and wants revenge at home. Also a prime time game. I do think we'll have to play close to or at our A game level to win. I think its a good test to see if we can rally at peak late in the year.

I think we will be as close to full strength, minus Jimmy Smith, as we can be.

I hope the Covid guys that played last week, are closer to full strength this week, and Sneed and Andrews after 3 practices have gotten their legs back.

It is go time, so hopefully the Ravens are ready.

@mikeghg

#40 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:21 PM

I have been wildly off on my game predictions this year. I did predict an 11-5 record prior to the season though. I think this game comes down to the quarterbacks and which one has fewer mistakes. The Ravens usually have Mayfield's number, so I pick them to win. I am hoping Andrews is healthy and not too rusty. Is Snead back? I hope so. If not, this could be an opportunity for Dez.

Dez is still out. Snead and Andrews are back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=