321 replies to this topic

#281 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 04:22 PM

Recorded the game and will look forward to not only FF through the 1st half but enjoying the 2nd half domination.  Give Roman credit for adjusting, spreading the offense out more(as I've been pleading for them to do) and for a great call on Lamar's TD run.  If they had played the 1st half like that, this game would have been a blow out.  Also, an outstanding game by the defense when it counted and for keeping them in the game early.  Feel a lot better than I did at halftime. 

#282 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:15 PM

Recorded the game and will look forward to not only FF through the 1st half but enjoying the 2nd half domination. Give Roman credit for adjusting, spreading the offense out more(as I've been pleading for them to do) and for a great call on Lamar's TD run. If they had played the 1st half like that, this game would have been a blow out. Also, an outstanding game by the defense when it counted and for keeping them in the game early. Feel a lot better than I did at halftime.

Put the game in the hands of Lamar in the 2nd half and he rewarded them. You look at the total numbers and the yardage isn't overly impressive but he was near flawless in the 2nd half and of course was a threat with his legs.

#283 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:15 PM

What a strange game.  I was totally disappointed in the first half and totally encouraged by the second half.

• Huddle It Up Films likes this
@mikeghg

#284 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:19 PM

I feel like Lamar got back to being Lamar in the second half.  He was stepping into his throws and was decisive on his runs.

@mikeghg

#285 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:20 PM

I feel like Lamar got back to being Lamar in the second half.  He was stepping into his throws and was decisive on his runs.

Have to think the tempo they used in the 2nd half will be maintained / emphasized until further notice. 

#286 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:22 PM

Have to think the tempo they used in the 2nd half will be maintained / emphasized until further notice. 

No question.  it changed the game and everyone relaxed.  Boyle and Snead got involved and I felt like as soon as we got the lead we were going to win.

@mikeghg

#287 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:26 PM

The defense and Wink deserve a lot of credit today.  All the injuries and lack of practice and they gave up 10 points and nothing in the second half.

Dinner is going to take much better this week then last.

@mikeghg

#288 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:29 PM

The defense and Wink deserve a lot of credit today. All the injuries and lack of practice and they gave up 10 points and nothing in the second half.

In a sense, they really only gave up 3 net points considering the defensive TD.
  • Mike B likes this

#289 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:41 PM

In a sense, they really only gave up 3 net points considering the defensive TD.

True.  

Speaking of the Clark TD.  Rivers attempt to tackle was hilarious 

@mikeghg

#290 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:56 PM

True.  

Speaking of the Clark TD.  Rivers attempt to tackle was hilarious 

I had the game on the radio and it sounded funny with Rivers on his back and Clark jumping over him.  Can't wait to see it. 

#291 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:01 PM

I had the game on the radio and it sounded funny with Rivers on his back and Clark jumping over him. Can't wait to see it.

Think dead ants. 😀
  • Mike in STL and russsnyder like this

#292 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:04 PM

The defense and Wink deserve a lot of credit today. All the injuries and lack of practice and they gave up 10 points and nothing in the second half.

To be fair, Wink found out early that he was playing a QB incapable of throwing downfield. Once they realized we had almost no threat there and all they had were the quick screens and end arounds, he pretty much ended it.

#293 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:07 PM

At one point when Lamar took off in the 2nd half, radio commentator Femi Ayanbadejo said as much and that he was more or less tired of the Ravens trying to convert him into this pocket passer.  He implored the team to just let Lamar do his thing and be himself.  It was refreshing to hear someone else say it after I've been beating it into the ground all season.  I don't know what they're waiting for but it's getting a little late in the season to keep banging their heads into the wall. 

• JStruds likes this

#294 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:11 PM

To be fair, Wink found out early that he was playing a QB incapable of throwing downfield. Once they realized we had almost no threat there and all they had were the quick screens and end arounds, he pretty much ended it.

I'm wondering if Rivers has an undisclosed injury?

#295 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:39 PM

I'm wondering if Rivers has an undisclosed injury?

Its called 38itis. Things change around that age.
  • JStruds likes this

#296 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:41 PM

I vaguely remember that change. 😟

#297 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 08:01 PM

Not to mention he never really had a live arm to begin with. I'll give him credit, he shot-putted his way to one hell of a career.
  • Mike B likes this

#298 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 November 2020 - 08:55 PM

Not to mention he never really had a live arm to begin with. I'll give him credit, he shot-putted his way to one hell of a career.

He has maximized his talents.

Also with the way he complained on each call and non call, he could play for the Yankees or Red Sox.

@mikeghg

#299 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 09:24 PM

He has maximized his talents.

Also with the way he complained on each call and non call, he could play for the Yankees or Red Sox.

He's always been a whiner.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#300 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 09:49 PM

Yeah, I know some call it whining, but you know that's what you do to gain an edge.  If you call Rivers, or Brady whiners, than what was Earl Weaver?  He argued every call he could, even when he knew he was wrong and would not get it overturned.  He always said he wasn't arguing for that call, but for the next one that he might get to go his way, or at times just to get his team fired up.  That's gamesmanship.  But people in other cities called him a petulant little cry baby.  When it's happens on your team, you call it intensity or feisty.  When it's on the team you hate, it's being a cry baby.  Personally I loved Weaver's antics.  But I can see where if he was on your rival you would hate it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=