503 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:28 PM

Losing Williams is a big loss. 2nd most important player on defense, IMO. Maybe 3rd behind Campbell.

If they can stop the run without him I still think they win big, but if Philly can run the ball successfully in his absence things would change and it could become a struggle.

#42 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:34 PM

I just read that Marty Mornhinweg is a senior offensive consultant for the Eagles these days.

That explains a lot.

I feel a little better about this game.
@BSLMikeRandall

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:59 PM

Finally got around to watching Eagles/Steelers and I have to say I feel 10 times better than I did earlier this week.

Didn't realize how bad the injuries were to their Oline. It's as bad or even worse than what people have been saying this week. Another underrated injury they have is Goedert. They're really missing him in both the passing game and supporting the run game. Feels like a monster game for Judon. I wouldn't show my hand much at all if I was Wink. Sure, be creative as usual but don't overthink it. We can beat this team on defense playing straight up.

Their defense looks slow. They are stout up front and if the Ravens are unsettled about what they want to do at RG and experimenting, this would be a good game for Fluker. I would run off Tackle behind Zeus and Fluker all day to Brandon Graham's side. That's where we can push them around. I want to see more Dobbins anyway but especially in this game. The Eagles' LBs will have a hard time with him and we could benefit from his lateral movement at the LOS. Darius Slay is a beast, love watching him play.

Bold predictions- Averett gets his first INT. Judon has 3 sacks. Dobbins goes for 150. Hopefully I hit on one of those :)

I'm torn between starting Dobbins or Ingram in fantasy this week, due to byes. Are you willing to accept accountability if I start Dobbins? How confident are you? ;)

#44 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:06 PM

I'm torn between starting Dobbins or Ingram in fantasy this week, due to byes. Are you willing to accept accountability if I start Dobbins? How confident are you? ;)

In those situations I always tell people to look at the rest of the lineups. If you feel good about the rest of the matchups, start the high floor (Ingram) and vice versa.

#45 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:31 PM

150 for JK.  Do you know something your not telling us.  If JK goes for 150, we will have a new primary RB, or in the case of this year, finally pick a primary back.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mikeghg

#46 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:59 PM

Was just starting to feel better about this game. Thought the D was coming on strong and would have a good chance to dominate this game. Now, we know some key guys will be out. I just dont have much confidence in this offense right now. Im going to stay positive and predict a win but Im very much concerned about a loss for the first time in a long time in a game where we didnt play KC

Ravens-23
Eagles-17

#47 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:14 PM

150 for JK.  Do you know something your not telling us.  If JK goes for 150, we will have a new primary RB, or in the case of this year, finally pick a primary back.

Just a hunch because Philly's stout in the middle and JK can get to the edges better than our other RBs. If we don't start Fluker we'll probably get pushed around at Center and RG

#48 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:23 PM

Just a hunch because Philly's stout in the middle and JK can get to the edges better than our other RBs. If we don't start Fluker we'll probably get pushed around at Center and RG

They do not seem to like Fluker at G.  

@mikeghg

#49 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:44 PM

Line is up to Ravens -10. Glad to have snagged that at -7.5

@BSLMikeRandall

#50 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:37 PM

Can't sleepwalk through Philly when they are at home, but they aren't in the same class as the Ravens and their Oline is decimated.  Their Dline is intimidating and the Ravens Oline is only about average right now.  But really this shouldn't be that much of a problem.  I expect Philly to hang around a bit, but in the end the Ravens have too much defense for them and even though the offense is not what it was last year, it still should be able to wear the Eagles defense down.  Ravens 31 Eagles 23

• sandiegosean likes this

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:24 AM

Balt SunRavens vs. Eagles scouting report for Week 6: Who has the edge?

#52 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:16 AM

With all of the extenuating circumstances surrounding this season, it's no surprise that we've been out of sync offensively.

Nagging injuries, replacing a HOFer and Skura coming back from a devastating knee injury have resulted in lackluster OLine play at times.

Also (and apologies if this has been brought up elsewhere) I think trading Hurst is having a bigger impact on things than we thought it would. Boyle isn't the athlete or pass catcher that Hurst is; Ricard isn't as athletic as Boyle. So we took away, arguably, our most effective personnel grouping and we haven't found a true "go to" thing yet. Hopefully, we see Dobbins and Duvernay get more touches going forward.
  • BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#53 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:39 AM

Raven inactives.

Moore

Levine

Colon-Castillo

Bredeson

McSorley

Wolfe

in addition to Williams

@mikeghg

#54 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:41 AM

Levine is a surprise.  That is a significant loss to the special teams.

Maybe they feel 2 weeks off will allow him to heal.

@mikeghg

#55 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:52 AM

With all of the extenuating circumstances surrounding this season, it's no surprise that we've been out of sync offensively.

Nagging injuries, replacing a HOFer and Skura coming back from a devastating knee injury have resulted in lackluster OLine play at times.

Also (and apologies if this has been brought up elsewhere) I think trading Hurst is having a bigger impact on things than we thought it would. Boyle isn't the athlete or pass catcher that Hurst is; Ricard isn't as athletic as Boyle. So we took away, arguably, our most effective personnel grouping and we haven't found a true "go to" thing yet. Hopefully, we see Dobbins and Duvernay get more touches going forward.

Good to see you check in. Was a long time lurker and always enjoyed when you posted.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#56 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:58 AM

Good to see you check in. Was a long time lurker and always enjoyed when you posted.

I appreciate that. Been a rough calendar year for me with some personal/family stuff (and I know 2020 has sucked for everyone) but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I've always enjoyed the conversations, analysis and insight here and I definitely missed it.
  • BSLChrisStoner, 1970 and Huddle It Up Films like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#57 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:11 AM

I appreciate that. Been a rough calendar year for me with some personal/family stuff (and I know 2020 has sucked for everyone) but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I've always enjoyed the conversations, analysis and insight here and I definitely missed it.

Sorry to hear that man, I echo Huddle It Up's thoughts. Glad to see you post. Hope things get better.

#58 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:34 AM

Sorry to hear that man, I echo Huddle It Up's thoughts. Glad to see you post. Hope things get better.

Thanks man. Lost my dad in March after a 2 year battle with ALS. It's been the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. Combining that loss with the craziness of 2020 just really knocked me on my ass and I'm slowly but surely getting up off the mat. (And apologies to anyone looking for GameDay content, obviously feel free to move this post elsewhere)
  • You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this
@primetime667083

#59 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:42 AM

Thanks man. Lost my dad in March after a 2 year battle with ALS. It's been the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. Combining that loss with the craziness of 2020 just really knocked me on my ass and I'm slowly but surely getting up off the mat. (And apologies to anyone looking for GameDay content, obviously feel free to move this post elsewhere)

So sorry for your loss man. It always gets better, but it's definitely harder with the backdrop of everything else going on right now.

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:55 AM

Our condolences and the best to you and yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=