#21 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:45 AM

I mean they just put up 29 on Pitt. Im not discounting their ability to score though they do seem to lack playmakers. Thats a desperate team that still is very much in contention in their division. Sone might discount the desperation factor but I believe its a thing.

I think that says more about Pittsburgh's defense having some issues than Philly being a strong offense. Wentz was still sacked 5 times and threw two INTs. Steelers just let up some big plays, something the Ravens have been good about not allowing outside of the KC game.

@gabefergy

#22 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:58 AM

Eagles defense isn't that bad and I think it has more to do with their offense putting them into bad positions.  They throttle the run fairly effectively, but don't have the coverage skills up the middle and outside of Darius Slay they can be exploited.  I think the best option is finding space with running backs isolated on their linebackers, or dare if they actually spread a team out and find Duvernay, Proche, or Snead in space.  The Eagles are very aggressive and the Ravens need to play off it.  I expect their smaller stature overall will allow them to mimic a Big 12 defense, much like the Bengals did this week.  I don't mind running the ball, but they might need to spread them out to get the running lanes going, keep them wide on the field.  The biggest way to fix this offense is to get speed on the field at all key positions and exploit the matchups.  

Eagles offense is weak at the line and that is the route of their problems.  Carson Wentz is stuck between a rock and a hard place and I don't think they will have an effective passing game.  A concern is the over pursue, as Petersen loves the screen game.  Miles Sanders is bigger scat back that poses problems for the Ravens on the edge.  It will be interesting compared to Mixon.  They want to throttle Sanders inside and contain instead of holding and sliding Sanders outside.

Match ups make games.  Eagles don't really see these types of QBs, nor build their defenses around to stop it, often enough that you can pull a fast one here and there to make them pay.  Ravens have to face this offense quite often (Steelers, Chiefs, Texans)...unless you have elite skills to match up against the Ravens players, they make a bend don't break bunch.

• kudzu likes this
@Olsen_Don

#23 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 12:56 PM

Lane Johnson is hurt and can't put on weight on the ankle, so the one strong link is in trouble.  I don't see their line doing much, but I don't see the miss assignments like the Bengals because Jason Kelce will have the correct protection.  I still see a handful of sack and a long day for Wentz, but it won't be a true pushover like last weeks contest.

@Olsen_Don

#24 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 03:56 PM

Tidbits:

Moore is likely to suit up.  Its not given, but this week is looking good.  He would be a special team player only.

Team is not happy with center and right guard at all.  Watch the trade market with the interior lineman over the next 14 days.

Compounding that... They're seeing assignment progress with Trystan Colon-Castillo and his film work.  He is holding his own against the defensive line and they see improvement.  Don't be shocked if you hear him being worked in with the first team during the bye week.  He wasn't protected to be a warm seat; they feel athletically he is the biggest, strongest, and most agile center on the roster.

They love Justin Madubuike and Brandon Williams on the field together and interior pressure was best with them in the line up collapsing the pocket.  They believe this will free up the ability to see a 4 man rush with Campbell and McPhee/Wolfe on the edges, mixed in with Judon as well.  They won't go away from the blitz, but they also want to create pressure, and believe they can, by rushing 4 and stunting.

• JordanKough, Mike in STL and GabeFerguson like this
@Olsen_Don

#25 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 October 2020 - 03:59 PM

As an organization that's never been good at developing WR's, I'll believe it when I see it.

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:52 AM

The Philadelphia Inquirer: What to watch in the Eagles-Ravens game | Early Birds

Inquirer Picks: Eagles vs. Ravens: Our beat writers make their Week 6 picks
https://www.inquirer...l-20201016.html

#27 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:18 AM

The Philadelphia Inquirer: What to watch in the Eagles-Ravens game | Early Birds

Inquirer Picks: Eagles vs. Ravens: Our beat writers make their Week 6 picks
https://www.inquirer...l-20201016.html

Not surprised that all the Philly writers pick the Ravens.   Optimism is not a Philly thing.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#28 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:21 PM

Out of the 7500 tickets, the Ravens were given 3500 and submitted out to select PSL owners, not a general call out.  There are tickets remaining and you can get them at any time if you want to track up to Philadelphia.

@Olsen_Don

#29 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 02:15 PM

The Eagles have ruled out Lane Johnson and Matt Pryor, two of their current starting lineman left standing.

They're left with RT Jack Driscoll, a rookie with short arms, lack of strength and size to be a tackle.  Can get swallowed up by bull rush, and better to push him that get around him.  Strictly a zone block scheme lineman.  

At guard will be Jamon Brown, who is a low 50 grade on PFF.

@Olsen_Don

#30 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:04 PM

Mentioned it in the Bank recording last night, but this Ravens Defensive front should have another huge outing against this OL. It's a massive mis-match in the favor of the Ravens. 

Wentz has a tendency to hold onto the ball and try to make plays happen. He might be able to get a couple big plays if he can reset and find downfield targets, but I also think this could lead to a lot of sacks and turnovers.

• Mike in STL likes this
@gabefergy

#31 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:34 PM

Sounds like a good day to let Judon loose on the RT. We'll see if he's rushing the passer on more of his snaps

Got excited to see Duvernay in an expanded role this Sunday and decided to make a youtube video of him through the first five games

• GabeFerguson likes this

#32 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 03:46 PM

How scary is this defense if we can get a four man rush going? Teams with poor Oline play are in for a long day. Hope Madubuike translates fast, what a bonus that would be. Especially since Wolfe stays banged up

#33 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:11 PM

Line has moved to 9.5, I thought 7.5 made no sense.

• sandiegosean likes this
@gabefergy

#34 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 02:30 AM

Finally got around to watching Eagles/Steelers and I have to say I feel 10 times better than I did earlier this week.

Didn't realize how bad the injuries were to their Oline. It's as bad or even worse than what people have been saying this week. Another underrated injury they have is Goedert. They're really missing him in both the passing game and supporting the run game. Feels like a monster game for Judon. I wouldn't show my hand much at all if I was Wink. Sure, be creative as usual but don't overthink it. We can beat this team on defense playing straight up.

Their defense looks slow. They are stout up front and if the Ravens are unsettled about what they want to do at RG and experimenting, this would be a good game for Fluker. I would run off Tackle behind Zeus and Fluker all day to Brandon Graham's side. That's where we can push them around. I want to see more Dobbins anyway but especially in this game. The Eagles' LBs will have a hard time with him and we could benefit from his lateral movement at the LOS. Darius Slay is a beast, love watching him play. 

Bold predictions- Averett gets his first INT. Judon has 3 sacks. Dobbins goes for 150. Hopefully I hit on one of those :)

#35 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 04:43 AM

I think the Ravens win this one pretty easily. The Eagles are not a good team and are banged up.

Ravens 33-14.

Wentz's throws a pick six to Marcus Peters.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#36 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:51 PM

I think the Ravens win this one pretty easily. The Eagles are not a good team and are banged up.

Ravens 33-14.

Wentz's throws a pick six to Marcus Peters.

I hope you are right.  Something about this game bugs me.  We need to come out fast.

@mikeghg

#37 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:52 PM

Finally got around to watching Eagles/Steelers and I have to say I feel 10 times better than I did earlier this week.

Didn't realize how bad the injuries were to their Oline. It's as bad or even worse than what people have been saying this week. Another underrated injury they have is Goedert. They're really missing him in both the passing game and supporting the run game. Feels like a monster game for Judon. I wouldn't show my hand much at all if I was Wink. Sure, be creative as usual but don't overthink it. We can beat this team on defense playing straight up.

Their defense looks slow. They are stout up front and if the Ravens are unsettled about what they want to do at RG and experimenting, this would be a good game for Fluker. I would run off Tackle behind Zeus and Fluker all day to Brandon Graham's side. That's where we can push them around. I want to see more Dobbins anyway but especially in this game. The Eagles' LBs will have a hard time with him and we could benefit from his lateral movement at the LOS. Darius Slay is a beast, love watching him play. 

Bold predictions- Averett gets his first INT. Judon has 3 sacks. Dobbins goes for 150. Hopefully I hit on one of those :)

Do you think Fluker starts at RG?

@mikeghg

#38 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

Brandon Williams placed on COVID list.

Makes the Ravens DL a bit suspect with Williams and Wolfe out. Still, I think they will be ok with Ellis and Madubuike to fill in.

@gabefergy

#39 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Expect to see a lot of Jihad Ward as well.

@gabefergy

#40 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

I had no clue about Williams, but I also don't talk to my people at the Castle during this stretch.

Madubuike, Washington, and Ellis will have to step up.  My guess is early down work might see more Ellis for play recognition and Madubuike will be a constant 3rd down rotation, but those three will have an increased snap count...might even see Campbell spell inside and Ward on the edge at times in the 4/5 technique blend.

@Olsen_Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=