520 replies to this topic

#21 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:31 PM

This week is irrelevant to me. They could win by 40, and that doesn't do anything to fix the critical flaws that remain in big games against, and especially against the Chiefs. I'll be convinced when they show me something convincing.

They don’t play a good team until, maybe, the Steelers in week 8, depending on how they look when that game comes up in a month. Would a win there “show you something?”

I’m fully expecting your stance not to change over the next 3 weeks given its WFT, CIN and PHI, right?
@BSLMikeRandall

#22 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,307 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:38 PM

They don’t play a good team until, maybe, the Steelers in week 8, depending on how they look when that game comes up in a month. Would a win there “show you something?”

I’m fully expecting your stance not to change over the next 3 weeks given its WFT, CIN and PHI, right?

His negativity can only get worse. We win big he'll say its only against bad teams. We get pushed by any of these teams just a bit and he'll frame it to fit his agenda. We lose one of them it'll be I told you so posts.

#23 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:47 PM

Depends on what Pitt looks like by then, but ultimately, no, not really.

I said this at the end of last year. The worst part about losing how they did is that there is no way to judge if they've grown at all until the playoffs. After a 14-2 season where you get unceremoniously dumped in the divisional round, everything you have left to prove comes after week 17.

With that said, every egg they lay against quality teams in the spotlight makes me more and more sure that they are exactly who they ended as last year.

Let me turn it back around on you. What on earth do you expect to learn from this team this week that will make you feel like roses and sunshine?

#24 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:49 PM

His negativity can only get worse. We win big he'll say its only against bad teams. We get pushed by any of these teams just a bit and he'll frame it to fit his agenda. We lose one of them it'll be I told you so posts.

You're really too political about this. I don't have an "agenda." I think what I think based on the things I've seen. It brings me no joy to feel this way - I was pissed off for a full 24 hours after the Chiefs debacle. But, I'm not going to believe in fairytales either. Usually things are what they appear to be.

#25 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 06:00 PM

You're really too political about this. I don't have an "agenda." I think what I think based on the things I've seen. It brings me no joy to feel this way - I was pissed off for a full 24 hours after the Chiefs debacle. But, I'm not going to believe in fairytales either. Usually things are what they appear to be.

if you don't have an agenda, your point has been made about your team. It feels like an agenda when you continue to say the same thing over and over and over to no end. We get your point, we all really do.

#26 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 06:10 PM

if you don't have an agenda, your point has been made about your team. It feels like an agenda when you continue to say the same thing over and over and over to no end. We get your point, we all really do.

It's a message board. I'm conversing with others with contrary opinions. That's what people do on message boards.

#27 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:19 PM

Depends on what Pitt looks like by then, but ultimately, no, not really.

I said this at the end of last year. The worst part about losing how they did is that there is no way to judge if they've grown at all until the playoffs. After a 14-2 season where you get unceremoniously dumped in the divisional round, everything you have left to prove comes after week 17.

With that said, every egg they lay against quality teams in the spotlight makes me more and more sure that they are exactly who they ended as last year.

Let me turn it back around on you. What on earth do you expect to learn from this team this week that will make you feel like roses and sunshine?

If they win. Because winning is not easy in this league. If they cover the spread it’ll feel better.
@BSLMikeRandall

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:32 PM

For those who have not written off the season, which is almost everyone...Stanley may not play Sunday.  A lot of guys questionable, but I think that comes from a short week.  Most if not all will play.

@mikeghg

#29 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:43 PM

If they win. Because winning is not easy in this league. If they cover the spread it’ll feel better.

A win shows very little. A loss shows much more.

#30 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,515 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:49 PM

For those who have not written off the season, which is almost everyone...Stanley may not play Sunday. A lot of guys questionable, but I think that comes from a short week. Most if not all will play.

Damn. Stanley not playing is huge.

#31 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:36 AM

A win shows very little. A loss shows much more.

Not really. They lost to KC in week 3 last year, then a bad Browns team owned them here for their second straight loss. Won 12 in row after.

If they lose tomorrow it will be almost a carbon copy of last year to this point. Anything can happen, any week. I won’t get too high or too low after one or two games.
  • Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#32 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 October 2020 - 07:11 AM

Not really. They lost to KC in week 3 last year, then a bad Browns team owned them here for their second straight loss. Won 12 in row after.

If they lose tomorrow it will be almost a carbon copy of last year to this point. Anything can happen, any week. I won’t get too high or too low after one or two games.

I will be more concerned if they play poorly tomorrow but history has told us repeatedly that teams peak at different times

@mikeghg

#33 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 11:38 AM

Uh...what goalposts did I move?

Also, please give it a rest with the keyboard warrior nonsense. Nobody is impressed by your tough guy act.

When EVERYONE is annoyed with your shtick and your woe-is-me posts, maybe its less of an us problem, and more of a you problem.

#34 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:17 PM

It's the NFL and the Ravens, who already had a problem protecting their struggling QB, will be without their starting LT against a formidable defensive front. Really?

let’s make a bet. Put your money where your big mouth is. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#35 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:27 PM

When EVERYONE is annoyed with your shtick and your woe-is-me posts, maybe its less of an us problem, and more of a you problem.

It's not schtick. And if you're annoyed, yet continue to reply and engage, it isn't really my problem. Incidentally, there are hundreds of members of this forum. About 3 or 4 seem personally offended by my less than rosy opinion of the team. Why do my thoughts bother you so much? Thats the real question.

#36 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:28 PM

let’s make a bet. Put your money where your big mouth is.

Only idiots put money on sports games with strangers on the internet.

#37 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:00 AM

Game Day.   Let’s start fast and make Haskins throw on every down.

I think we get 4 sacks today.  Maybe more.

Let’s go Ravens.

@mikeghg

#38 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,515 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:49 AM

Spread has moved from 12.5 to 14 in the past couple days.

#39 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,515 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:50 AM

Only idiots put money on sports games with strangers on the internet.

Me and many others can vouch for Sean. He's good for it and wouldn't leave you hanging. Don't be scared. Not a good look after all this spouting off.

#40 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:54 AM

The ref for today's game is a coworker of mine. He'll probably blow a huge call to cost the Ravens big time! :)
  • BobPhelan and JordanKough like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=