Posted 29 March 2023 - 09:44 PM

Best episode of the season.

#103 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:13 AM

The Ringer: The ‘Mandalorian’ Chapter 21 Recap: There’s More Than One Way to Win Mandalore Back

#104 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:39 AM

Season 3 has been a bit up and down in my opinion, so I'm excited to see that the buzz is high for the most recent episode.

An interesting question had been brought up.  Would season 3 have been thought of better to date, if the 2 episodes snuck into Boba had  been held off for season 3 instead? 

#105 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 April 2023 - 09:21 AM

Bryce Dallas Howard is directing the episode coming out tomorrow.  Her episode's have been some of the strongest in the show, so I'm hoping that trend continues.

#106 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:32 PM

You had me at battle droids.

#107 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:25 PM

You had me at battle droids.

I have problems with that episode. Of course, I just spent the past three hours watching the latest Ted Lasso, and then Apple's "Tetris" so I'm not prepared to rage about it, but still!

Oh yeah. That story would've been better told if Bo Katan flies off to challenge for the Mandalorian throne and Jin Gardin (sp) lands in Narnia / Alice in Wonderland, and then cross-thread the stories. They WHIFFED on the Alice in Wonderland - this is where Grogu should've tripped the light fantastic and fed his head. The Mad Hatter? The Door Mouse? Jin Jardin (sp) should've been bargaining with the characters in pursuit. The story writes itself. 

#108 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 06 April 2023 - 07:19 AM

Bryce Dallas Howard is directing the episode coming out tomorrow.  Her episode's have been some of the strongest in the show, so I'm hoping that trend continues.

All good things...

#109 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 April 2023 - 07:20 AM

Really enjoyed that one. 

#110 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 05:22 AM

I have no idea what this show is anymore, it's pleasant enough but my level of care has dropped dramatically. Jack Black is always great though
  • DuffMan likes this
@DaKittenz

#111 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 April 2023 - 07:07 AM

I haven't been impressed with season 3 much at all.  For such a long layoff between season 2 and 3 I've been surprised with how unorganized and meandering the show has been.  I still enjoy some of it here and there and watching it with my son is always fun but this season has been a noticeable step down from Season 2 in my opinion.  

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#112 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 April 2023 - 07:14 AM

I have no idea what this show is anymore, it's pleasant enough but my level of care has dropped dramatically. Jack Black is always great though

Oh same, more of a vibes show for me now. It’s enough to look forward to watching with my son every week.

#113 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 07 April 2023 - 02:45 PM

Cause seasons 1 and 2 are their own story arc.  Now they're seeing where it goes next, and while I'm enjoying the "who are we as a people" story, I understand why some of your are not.  I've been digging it, even if it's not as strong as the other seasons.  Katee Sackhoff has been great.

• BobPhelan likes this

#114 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 April 2023 - 03:06 PM

Unless Christopher Lloyd as a separatist becomes part of the bigger storyline, Ep 6 seemed kind of pointless.

#115 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 02:46 PM

To be fair, season 2 had its filler episode too with the spider one.  You could argue 1 did as well, despite the call backs.  The prison break was self-contained and kind of its own story.

#116 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 09:24 AM

Part of what made season one great is that there were no weighty expectations for the show to be the spear point of the resistance story. Episodes could just be one off adventures. Now the show is a bad version of Andor one episode, a retread of the empire strikes back main narrative (for a fourth time), then somewhat of a return to it's loose episodic western origins the next, it's just a mess.
@DaKittenz

#117 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 12 April 2023 - 08:05 PM

Part of what made season one great is that there were no weighty expectations for the show to be the spear point of the resistance story. Episodes could just be one off adventures. Now the show is a bad version of Andor one episode, a retread of the empire strikes back main narrative (for a fourth time), then somewhat of a return to it's loose episodic western origins the next, it's just a mess.

Spoiler

#118 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 14 April 2023 - 08:22 PM

Spoiler

Moff is meh, give me Thrawn!

Bad pun aside, that was a pretty good episode.

#119 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 15 April 2023 - 10:18 AM

At the end of the day, I recognize it’s my own limitations (well, tolerance of an already played out story arc). 

#120 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 15 April 2023 - 07:46 PM

As a Legends reader, seeing Pellaeon was incredibly satisfying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=