she/her

#62 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 02:48 PM

There was some great acting from the guests in that episode.  Burr was phenomenal.

#63 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 05:37 PM

The Ringer‘The Mandalorian,’ Chapter 15 Recap: Mando Drops the Mic

#64 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:43 PM

Loving this season, better than the first for me.

I'm almost all caught up. Watched episode 5 of season 2 today and would agree that the second season being better. Damn that Ashoka episode was good.
  • BobPhelan and Dupin like this

#65 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 17 December 2020 - 07:38 AM

There was some great acting from the guests in that episode.  Burr was phenomenal.

I definitely liked this appearance by him more than Season 1

#66 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 10:02 AM

That was everything I wanted and not what I expected.  Can't wait for more.

#67 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:10 PM

Make sure y'all watch the post-credit scene

she/her

#68 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:12 PM

I groaned out loud when it was Luke. I figured the time was right for a group of new Jedi to overtake the ship instead of a relic from that tired old storyline.

Dollars to donuts says Favreau had to be talked into that. 

#69 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:43 PM

I groaned out loud when it was Luke. I figured the time was right for a group of new Jedi to overtake the ship instead of a relic from that tired old storyline.

After they introduced Ashoka, I kinda had even odds it was going to be Luke in his prime (which we've really never seen, we've seen him raw, and barely trained, and we've seen him old and broken, but he's gotta have a live up to the hype phase in there somewhere too) or it was going to be the kid from Rebels...but now that they went this way I'm wondering if he's not going to show up in the Ashoka spin off that I'm REALLY excited about.

@JeremyMStrain

#70 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:04 PM

I had the exact opposite reaction, I can't imagine liking Star Wars and not hooting and hollering once you saw the green lightsaber 

she/her

#71 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:24 PM

Honestly, I was a bit bummed to see Luke. Feels like every time the Star Wars content has the ability to expand and go past the Skywalker Saga, they decide to go back to the well. The CGI was awful and the lip-dubbing was very noticeable, I thought.

Still love Mando, but I personally was hoping the "mysterious Jedi" would be Ezra, though I am sure we see him and GA Thrawn in the Ahsoka spinoff series.

• CantonJester likes this

#72 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:30 PM

Honestly, I was a bit bummed to see Luke. Feels like every time the Star Wars content has the ability to expand and go past the Skywalker Saga, they decide to go back to the well. The CGI was awful and the lip-dubbing was very noticeable, I thought.

Still love Mando, but I personally was hoping the "mysterious Jedi" would be Ezra, though I am sure we see him and GA Thrawn in the Ahsoka spinoff series.

I felt like this and how Jordan did at the exact same time somehow. I think fan service puts a limit on what they can accomplish (for me personally) but at the same time I think it works much better in this format than a big budget movie.

#73 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 08:41 PM

Let me first just say how immensely I enjoyed this series. It made me fall in love with Star Wars again. I did not like the Prequels (though I did not hate them as much as others), and I *loathed* the latest trilogy.

The Jedi overtaking the ship could’ve been multiple Jedi, from a sect that had a falling out with the Jedi Council, and therefore weren’t around when Order 66 dropped. 

Hell, the sect could’ve been chaotic neutral, which led to their ouster. They’re not bad guys. They’re just not good guys.

And they’re the ones that help to grow the Yoda/Grogu species to adulthood in order to get the most of their Jedi powers.

Perhaps they had more in common with the Mandalorians than previously known, and they would’ve bore a lot of angst and shame for not being around when the Order 66 was levied.

It writes itself.

Instead, we get a horrible CGI Luke. 

They took Grogu away, but he’s going to come back speaking and in better control of his powers by next year. 

H/T to writing in the Randall Graves character through Bill Burr though. He was great. 

#74 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 10:10 AM

The Ringer: ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 Finale Recap: A Quest Complete, a Jedi Returned

#75 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 February 2021 - 01:20 PM

'The Mandalorian' Star Gina Carano Fired Amid Social Media Controversy

she/her

#76 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 11 February 2021 - 02:06 PM

Surprised it took so long.

Also kind of Mandalorian related that Pedro Pascal was cast as the male lead in HBO’s ‘The Last of Us’ adaptation which I’m very excited about.

#77 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 February 2021 - 02:31 PM

She really fumbled the bag - had her own spinoff series about to get going with her as the lead in Rangers of the Republic.

#78 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 02:56 PM

She really fumbled the bag - had her own spinoff series about to get going with her as the lead in Rangers of the Republic.

You think they recast it?

Maybe Ronda Rousey will take the gig? ;)

@JeremyMStrain

#79 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 11 February 2021 - 04:10 PM

You think they recast it?

Maybe Ronda Rousey will take the gig? ;)

Jeez, Rousey is a much worse actor and at least as bad of a person. (I know you're kidding.)

#80 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 04:18 PM

Jeez, Rousey is a much worse actor and at least as bad of a person. (I know you're kidding.)

Yep, 100% kidding, the MMA connection too.

Where Katie Sackhoff was wonderfully cast there, I always felt like this character didn't quite match. I get they wanted her to look like a barbarian and whatnot, and just be massive, but just felt too wooden for a character that's supposed to be filled with experience and grief.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=