#281 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 March 2021 - 10:47 PM

To go along with this: made a chart of every E8 or better team in the B1G since Maryland joined the conference

image.pngDefinitely shows that at least recently, a winning record in your last five and a winning record in the conference tournament are pretty helpful

• Mike B likes this

#282 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:34 PM

IMS: Maryland basketball: Juan Dixon says Terps should ...
https://247sports.co...tm_content=Link

#283 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:43 PM

IMS: Maryland basketball: Juan Dixon says Terps should ...
https://247sports.co...tm_content=Link

Keep improving as a coach Juan.  The phone may ring one day.

We all agree with the up tempo.  The current coach does not.

@mikeghg

#284 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:59 PM

Blake if we go former player route.

#285 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:11 PM

Blake if we go former player route.

Is he even coaching anywhere right now? I know he was in Phoenix for a couple years but they didn’t keep him past 2020. I’d lean towards Dixon, 4 years of head coaching experience and more recent experience with the program.
@BSLZackKiesel

#286 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:46 PM

#39 overall from Lunardi, which is a #10 seed https://twitter.com/...010361618235393

#287 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:07 PM

IMS: Maryland basketball: Gary Williams on Penn State loss, negative fans, tourney hopes and more
https://247sports.co...Y-Am3kcaooN-_X4

#288 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 March 2021 - 12:06 PM

IMS: Darryl Morsell receives Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year award as three Terps earn honors

Morsell is the first player in the program's history to win conference player of the year honors; the Atlantic Coast Conference didn't introduce the award until 2013-2014 season, Maryland's final year in the conference. Morsell and juniors Aaron Wiggins and Eric Ayala also earned Honorable Mention All-Big Ten honors, the second All-Big Ten selection of Morsell’s career and the first for Wiggins and Ayala.

@BSLZackKiesel

#289 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,646 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 March 2021 - 01:34 PM

Nice to see the Junk Yard Dog get the award.  I hope Morsell comes back next year.  He is a key part to the team.

@mikeghg

#290 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:02 AM

Jay Bilas just did a top 68 ranking and Maryland was 26th. He actually has a good feel for MD, too:

The formula for Maryland is pretty simple: When the Terps compete on defense -- the "five-as-one" approach -- and defend with intensity and concentration, they win. When they don't jump to the ball, move as the ball moves, and help and recover -- when they don't compete together to get stop after stop -- they get beat. There is no shot-blocker to protect the rim, so Maryland has to protect the lane. Maryland has tough-minded, versatile players. Bring that toughness, versatility and togetherness to Indy and I like Maryland's chances. Look, Maryland started 10-10 and figured some things out. The losses to Northwestern and Penn State were good reminders of how far the Terps have come.

https://www.espn.com...lege-basketball

#291 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:04 AM

IMS: Darryl Morsell receives Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year award as three Terps earn honors
https://247sports.co...qzrJYJ3xxz9dqnc

Incredibly happy for Morsell to get some much deserved hardware. I've loved watching him compete for years now and hope he comes back. If they had an award for heart and leadership, he'd win that too. For different reasons, but he's up there with Melo and Greivis for me.

#292 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:48 AM

Bilas has been a major Terps supporter for as long as I remember.  He consistently ranks MD higher than most of his peers.  I don't really understand it but there it is.

Just checked Lunardi's latest projection and the Terps aren't even included in his "last 4 byes" column.  So still comfortably in.  A loss to MSU may put them back on the bubble but I think they're still pretty comfortably on the right side of it.  Upsets in conference tourneys may make it a bit more uncomfortable though.

#293 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,992 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:31 AM

Incredibly happy for Morsell to get some much deserved hardware. I've loved watching him compete for years now and hope he comes back. If they had an award for heart and leadership, he'd win that too. For different reasons, but he's up there with Melo and Greivis for me.

Mouton is the guy he reminds me of the most. Morsell is the better player, even more athletic and slashy though not as good of a shooter. And the great benefit of getting to see him for 4 years instead of only 2. But stylistically and in terms of making a big impact without necessarily scoring a lot, that's the comp in my mind.
  • BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this

#294 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,535 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:53 AM

Mouton is the guy he reminds me of the most. Morsell is the better player, even more athletic and slashy though not as good of a shooter. And the great benefit of getting to see him for 4 years instead of only 2. But stylistically and in terms of making a big impact without necessarily scoring a lot, that's the comp in my mind.

A much better comp. Nice.

#295 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 10:45 AM

Mouton and Morsell both ranked similarly coming out of HS too. Btw Morsell had the defensive reputation coming out of HS. Thats rare for a Top 100 HS kid to hear about defense. Unless its like a shot blocking big man.

#296 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:32 PM

Chris Stoner Show: Episode 17: Jeff Ermann / Inside MD Sports

#297 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 March 2021 - 09:31 AM

Joe Lunardi has Maryland projected as a 10-seed playing North Carolina in Michigan’s bracket, and Andy Katz has them as a 10-seed playing Virginia Tech in Baylor’s bracket.
@BSLZackKiesel

#298 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 March 2021 - 11:05 AM

Bracket matrix has them as the lowest of the #10 seeds with the #7 seeds of LSU, Oregon, Wisconsin and SDSU

#299 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:06 PM

Morsell part of the #NotNCAAProperty hashtag that got started by some other Big Ten players

https://twitter.com/...294798586040320

Got started by Geo Baker

#300 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:41 AM

Northeastern Transfer Tyson Walker included Maryland in the list of schools he's considering. He's deciding this weekend between Maryland, Michigan St, Texas, Kansas, Vanderbilt, and Miami. The kid is really good, can absolutely play at the higher level. 18.8 points as a sophomore. 

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game and BSLZackKiesel like this
@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=