Little help from Orioles fans.. / O's Xtra MASN

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 MattCLund

MattCLund
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

First off, I love O's Xtra. I think it's very well done, and I love having it done from the ballpark during home games. I'm not sure this is possible, but maybe they could either choose a specific place or rotate around and do the show from different area bars while the team is on the road? As a broadcast major I understand that the cost of doing a live remote isn't exactly nominal, however it would be a cool feature for fans to be able to see the show done live. It wouldn't even have to be every game or series...perhaps just a few series a year, once or twice a week, or something like that.

If you're taking suggestions for on-air features, again this would be something that would in effect be while the team is on the road. Perhaps they could do a ballpark tour of some sort for each ballpark the Orioles visit. Obviously it wouldn't be a nightly feature, and some stadiums (ie-Fenway) would only need to be shown once, however it would give fans an idea of what other parks are like.

Domenic,

Thanks for your input. Just now saw this post. Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of input, obviously as other posters have asked, nor should we. That's not why we're there. We're focused solely on providing Oriole fans with a creative, entertaining show about the team before and after each game.

We've got a lot of fresh new ideas, and certainly appreciate your input. Your second idea would be something that could be feasible, but we'd have to see logistically how it would work out.

Your first idea though pretty much happened at the stadium with our set out in the bullpen picnic area. Of course, as everyone may know, the Orioles are putting the statues of Oriole legends out there, which I think will be a great addition.

ML
@MattCLund

#22 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I'm pretty late to the party here but just in case you are still looking for suggestions, I'll put in my 2 cents here.

I'd second the idea of a feature on minor leaguers. As all Orioles fans know, the future is what we're always looking forward to (I kid, I kid). But seriously, I think that it would greatly add content and would not only educate the average Oriole fan, but would also appeal to the die-hards that you see on message boards that want more than the average telecast.

Another segment that could be well-received by the casual fan is segments on individual players, such as "A Day in the Life" sort of thing, like Chris Stoner mentioned earlier. You would need players to want to do this, but it would be pretty interesting to essentially walk in their shoes from the time that they wake up (or arrive to the ballpark), through their pregame practice/rituals, and up until gametime.

#23 Domenic

Domenic

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

Matt, thanks for the response; looking forward to seeing what new features you all have on the shows this year!
@DomenicVadala

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=