604 replies to this topic

#581 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,303 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 02:49 PM

Of course the Ravens took a FB. Ben Mason from Michigan.

#582 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:06 PM

Well, if the receivers were insulted before...

It makes me wonder if TE is in Boykin’s future?

@mikeghg

#583 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:07 PM

It is who we are and it is what we do,

@mikeghg

#584 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:08 PM

I'm a little late to the game....so Cleveland is the only OL they've drafted? 

#585 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:19 PM

I'm a little late to the game....so Cleveland is the only OL they've drafted? 

Kid Cleveland? He fought out of Detroit right?

#586 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 04:47 PM

Not Ravens specific… Local product and BL alum heads out west to the Cards.

https://twitter.com/...1436653573?s=21

#587 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,303 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 09:05 AM

Could be BS but EDC said in the presser they got two of their Top 20 rated players in the first round. High praise for both Bateman and Oweh if true.

#588 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 10:05 AM

Wade is interesting because he was legitimately considered one of the top corners in CFB in 2019. He had such a rough 2020, hopefully it's a fluke and you're actually getting the 2019. If there's truth to him playing injured this past season, and he's really that much more comfortable at nickel vs outside, I think this pick has real upside. Not like he has to get pressed into action early.

#589 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,303 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 11:31 AM

Yeah even if hes only a solid nickel he has value as a 5th rounder.

#590 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 01:19 PM

Ricard is a FA in 22 .

#591 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 06:08 PM

Could be BS but EDC said in the presser they got two of their Top 20 rated players in the first round. High praise for both Bateman and Oweh if true.

The Bateman pick was no surprise, being what many people hoped for (in spite of EDC's BS re: insulting our receivers), but I know many people question the Oweh selection at 31. Apparently the Ravens weighted attitude and athletic gifts more highly than a record of specific accomplishments (ie: sacks in 2020). He and several others (ie: Stephens, Wade, Hayes, and Mason) stood out to me as sort of "whole person" choices. I don't want to call these "character" picks, more like they looked at these as the kind of guys they want to go to war with, even if they don't know exactly how they'll be used, while Cleveland and Wallace are insane values who will fit right into place. Mason, for example is going to get to create his own niche by what he does and what is needed. I can imagine coach Jim telling coach John, "This guy will run through a wall." These guys just look like ballplayers.

It's a cliché, but I see these guys as "playing like a Raven."

#592 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,303 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 07:01 PM

I will say that the Ravens brass seemed extra excited to get their first 3 picks. Plus they had a chance to trade down out of the first and didnt take it. So I tend to buy that they got good value on those picks. In addition to the value the got with Wallace.

#593 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:34 AM

PFF gave the Ravens a B+ grade on their draft. Draft grades are pointless, IMO, but whatever.

They gave the Browns an A+, and I stopped reading their summary after the first line was, "The Browns are one of the NFL's smartest teams." Has me questioning their validity.

But then they said the the Ravens UDFA signing of Ar'Darius Washington was the best UDFA signing, and was a player PFF had #57 on their big board. 

PFF also called Bateman and Oweh two of the biggest steals of the first round.

@BSLMikeRandall

#594 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:52 AM

PFF gave the Ravens a B+ grade on their draft. Draft grades are pointless, IMO, but whatever.

They gave the Browns an A+, and I stopped reading their summary after the first line was, "The Browns are one of the NFL's smartest teams." Has me questioning their validity.

But then they said the the Ravens UDFA signing of Ar'Darius Washington was the best UDFA signing, and was a player PFF had #57 on their big board.

PFF also called Bateman and Oweh two of the biggest steals of the first round.

Sounds like they were lukewarm on their selections in the middle rounds.

#595 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:09 AM

Sounds like they were lukewarm on their selections in the middle rounds.

I think the fact that the Ravens did not have picks in the second, 6th or 7th may have played a role in it.

@mikeghg

#596 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:09 AM

I've read several articles and heard several summaries and all of them seem to agree that the Browns had a great draft.  Only time will tell if that is true, but no team can stay horrible forever so maybe they have finally figured it out.  Most of them thought the Ravens had a solid, but not spectacular draft.  Seems like they got knocked for Oweh being a bit of a reach in the first round, and failure to address their OL which most people believe is clearly a major problem now.  

But if it's any consolation, they all seem to think Pittsburgh had a very puzzling draft.  

#597 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:18 AM

I've read several articles and heard several summaries and all of them seem to agree that the Browns had a great draft.  Only time will tell if that is true, but no team can stay horrible forever so maybe they have finally figured it out.  Most of them thought the Ravens had a solid, but not spectacular draft.  Seems like they got knocked for Oweh being a bit of a reach in the first round, and failure to address their OL which most people believe is clearly a major problem now.  

But if it's any consolation, they all seem to think Pittsburgh had a very puzzling draft.  

I think the Ravens drafted to fill needs while trying to take the BPA.

I knew they were going to be criticized for O line, but we have just 2 picks in the first 2 rounds.  We addressed edge and WR.  No one we took in the 3rd round is going to be looked at, as an answer at Oline,

As EDC said, the off season is not over.

@mikeghg

#598 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:38 AM

I've read several articles and heard several summaries and all of them seem to agree that the Browns had a great draft. Only time will tell if that is true, but no team can stay horrible forever so maybe they have finally figured it out. Most of them thought the Ravens had a solid, but not spectacular draft. Seems like they got knocked for Oweh being a bit of a reach in the first round, and failure to address their OL which most people believe is clearly a major problem now.

In all fairness, the Browns are taking a very analytical approach to their team building, and have come a long way in a short time from being 1-31 (or something) at one point.

But they will be the mistake by the lake for a while for me. :)
@BSLMikeRandall

#599 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:25 AM

I detest Pittsburgh so it's not easy for me to say this but I do think they got a future star at running back in Najee Harris.  No, he doesn't have breakaway speed but with decent blocking, he's a terror in the 10-30 yard range.  He's a bruiser, will break tackles and move the chains.  I hope I'm wrong but that pick alone has made them more dangerous offensively.  Whether Roethlesberger can stay upright for a whole season is another topic but on paper, they should hold their own scoring.  As far as their other picks, who knows.  Never heard of any of them. 

#600 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:36 PM

UDFA left tackle, Foster Sarrell, Stanford, was once the top OT recruit in the country, and #2 overall recruit in the country by Scout.com in 2016 

https://scorebookliv...t-recruit-ever/

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=