Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:29 AM

Seize the opportunity to cash in on Brown

I did a little research on teams needs and think there is a real opportunity to sell high on Brown.

I think he’s proven he can be a franchise LT.plus he still has 3 years of control left on his rookie deal and a tag year. If the Tunsil deal weren’t so outrageous I’d be advocating for a similar return. Imagine where the Ravens would be if they had dealt Stanley for that return.

With that said, The Bengals OLINE is pathetic and they only have 1 player, Jonah Williams , and he might grade out better at RT. So you could offer them Brown for their 1 this year and a 3 next to spread out the impact. 

I’m not 100% Smith would be the best pick for the Ravens as Pitts or Chase from LSU might be better fit. 

Make that deal if the Bengals will and you could probably then drop back a few slots ...pick up a 3rd to recover the pick you are missing.

The Chargers are another team as Tevi is just okay at LT. That would give you a good shot at Pitts, Chase, or Smith at #13. Then their 2nd or 3rd next year

The Rams badly need a LT but don’t have a 1st rounder as they owe it to Jacksonville. Speaking of Jacksonville. I’d call them even though LT doesn’t seem to be a point of need based on the fact that they both have multiple #1s.

The Eagles watched Wentz get tackled 46 times and Their line is the biggest culprit and they pick 6th. So they are a viable option as well. Same thing a 1 and a 3. 

The 49ers pick 12th and also likely need a LT. They have Trent Williams who is a free agent and per his contract can’t be franchised. So Brown could be an attractive option.

The Bucs also need a LT as Donovan Smith has been mediocre for a LT. He graded out at 72 which is very pedestrian for a LT. Especially one protecting the 44 year old Brady in 2021. He leads the league in penalties and 6 sacks allowed. Obviously they will pick late so you’d want more than a 1 and 3. 

Washington FC is another their line has allowed 35 sacks and they need a LT. Their pick will be #19 if they lose today.

My point is the Ravens are good at selling high and there are a lot of teams that need an upgrade at LT.

I trust DeCOSTA to identify this opportunity and take full advantage by selling high!

• makoman likes this
Roll Tide

#22 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 12:51 PM

Why not trade Stanley and his big contract instead of Brown?

#23 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:06 PM

Why not trade Stanley and his big contract instead of Brown?

The cap hit on us? But I’d be open to either. Of course teams might be worried about his injury

Roll Tide

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,100 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:40 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens have No. 27 overall pick in 2021 NFL draft. Here’s a look at where they could go in first round.

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,100 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:56 AM

Pro Football Network: 3 Round Mock
https://www.profootb...ovinos-january/

27. Baltimore Ravens: Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas

The need for a receiver is apparent, but Baltimore has four edge rushers set to hit free agency, and they could desperately use an influx of youth at the position. The need for an edge in the first place depends on whether they bring back Matt Judon or Yannick Ngakoue this offseason. If not, edge rusher becomes the most significant need heading into the draft.

Ossai became a full-time defensive end this season for the Longhorns, and he dominated. He’s a high-effort, explosive pass rusher who has produced 10 sacks in the past two seasons. As he continues to develop at the position, he’ll continue to apply pressure more and more consistently. The upside is there, and the Ravens do an excellent job developing their defensive draft picks.

58. Baltimore Ravens: Landon Dickerson, OC, Alabama

#26 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:20 AM

Pro Football Network: 3 Round Mock
https://www.profootb...ovinos-january/

27. Baltimore Ravens: Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas

The need for a receiver is apparent, but Baltimore has four edge rushers set to hit free agency, and they could desperately use an influx of youth at the position. The need for an edge in the first place depends on whether they bring back Matt Judon or Yannick Ngakoue this offseason. If not, edge rusher becomes the most significant need heading into the draft.

Ossai became a full-time defensive end this season for the Longhorns, and he dominated. He’s a high-effort, explosive pass rusher who has produced 10 sacks in the past two seasons. As he continues to develop at the position, he’ll continue to apply pressure more and more consistently. The upside is there, and the Ravens do an excellent job developing their defensive draft picks.

58. Baltimore Ravens: Landon Dickerson, OC, Alabama

If they did this with their 1st two picks I’d be happy.

Roll Tide

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,100 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 10:41 AM

CBS Sports: 2021 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers, Panthers trade up for QBs as five go off the board in first 10 picks
https://www.cbssport...first-10-picks/

TEXAS • JR • 6'4" / 253 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM Baltimore PROSPECT RNK 34th POSITION RNK 4th

Yannick Ngakoue and Matt Judon will be free agents in a few weeks and even if one (or both) returns, the Ravens need to get better off the edge. Ossai is coming off an impressive 2020 season.

#28 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 20 January 2021 - 01:28 PM

CBS Sports: 2021 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers, Panthers trade up for QBs as five go off the board in first 10 picks
https://www.cbssport...first-10-picks/

TEXAS • JR • 6'4" / 253 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM Baltimore PROSPECT RNK 34th POSITION RNK 4th

Yannick Ngakoue and Matt Judon will be free agents in a few weeks and even if one (or both) returns, the Ravens need to get better off the edge. Ossai is coming off an impressive 2020 season.

Minnesota, Miami, Washington, and Indianapolis are the teams I would be offering a trade for Orlando Brown Jr. with the asking price of a 1st and 3rd.

If you look Prisco has the Colts reaching for the #144 ranked player.

Roll Tide

#29 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:34 PM

Minnesota, Miami, Washington, and Indianapolis are the teams I would be offering a trade for Orlando Brown Jr. with the asking price of a 1st and 3rd.

If you look Prisco has the Colts reaching for the #144 ranked player.

Why? Why isn't your first option with Brown negotiating a long term extension? Why is it so faux pas in your world to pay two tackles with all-pro talent?

If its between keeping Judon, Williams and/or Ngakoue vs keeping Brown. I'm choosing Brown 10 out of 10 times.

Trading Brown, moves this team backwards. We're in a superbowl window, you don't get there by putting gaping holes in the most important unit on your team. I know, I know. Just draft another tackle. Its sooooooo easy.

Trading a proven commodity, who gives you a huge advantage when Stanley is healthy, giving you possibly the best bookends in the NFL, is not a smart move. You trade Brown, you put a huge hole at RT, that you're not filling by next season.

I mean, its not your worst idea. (like moving Lamar to WR and starting over in the draft with a QB) But your obsession with jettisoning all-pro talent from this team for lottery ticket draft picks is mind blowing.

Not to mention, no one is giving up a 1st and 3rd for Brown.
  • 1970 likes this

#30 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:04 PM

Brown has 1 yr left before he's FA eligible. You're not getting a 1st for him when he'll need to be paid big in '22. You keep him, go for it next year, and then figure out what to do from there.

#31 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,770 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:42 PM

I think you can get a first for Brown. More, actually. He's a Pro Bowler who's proven he's LT capable. He might not be Laremy Tunsil but teams pay big for good tackles.

That said, I'm absolutely fine with keeping him and being all in for '21. Also fine with trading away our 1st or other high picks for immediate help. If we do trade Brown, I'd rather we use the capital acquired to trade for a player like Golladay or Godwin rather than make a pick.

#32 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:55 PM

I think you can get a first for Brown. More, actually. He's a Pro Bowler who's proven he's LT capable. He might not be Laremy Tunsil but teams pay big for good tackles.

That said, I'm absolutely fine with keeping him and being all in for '21. Also fine with trading away our 1st or other high picks for immediate help. If we do trade Brown, I'd rather we use the capital acquired to trade for a player like Golladay or Godwin rather than make a pick.

Aren't Golladay and Godwin FAs?

My assumption is we use the draft for edge and IOL, sign a FA WR. Maybe also resign one of Bowser, Judon, Ngakoue. Really depends where the cap is. Hopefully a WR will want to come here, but I have no desire to draft a WR. We can't seem to develop them and the other positions are more likely to help in year one anyway.

#33 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,770 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:59 PM

Aren't Golladay and Godwin FAs?

Yes, but I'm assuming both get tagged and you'd have to trade for them.

If you can get either of them just for money and some comp pick math, that'd be terrific. I'm not as high on Robinson, but he'd be a target as well.

#34 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 05:24 PM

I'm not interested in trying to draft a top flight WR if we can trade for or sign one instead.

Go get Golladay.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#35 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:06 PM

Brown has 1 yr left before he's FA eligible. You're not getting a 1st for him when he'll need to be paid big in '22. You keep him, go for it next year, and then figure out what to do from there.

If that happens he leaves and you get a 3rd or 4th. The demand for a good LT is high! Tunsil was traded for drastically more he played 1 year before signing a big extension. I know he was an overpay in terms of the trade, but, I think we can get a good return

Roll Tide

#36 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:09 PM

Why? Why isn't your first option with Brown negotiating a long term extension? Why is it so faux pas in your world to pay two tackles with all-pro talent?

If its between keeping Judon, Williams and/or Ngakoue vs keeping Brown. I'm choosing Brown 10 out of 10 times.

Trading Brown, moves this team backwards. We're in a superbowl window, you don't get there by putting gaping holes in the most important unit on your team. I know, I know. Just draft another tackle. Its sooooooo easy.

Trading a proven commodity, who gives you a huge advantage when Stanley is healthy, giving you possibly the best bookends in the NFL, is not a smart move. You trade Brown, you put a huge hole at RT, that you're not filling by next season.

I mean, its not your worst idea. (like moving Lamar to WR and starting over in the draft with a QB) But your obsession with jettisoning all-pro talent from this team for lottery ticket draft picks is mind blowing.

Not to mention, no one is giving up a 1st and 3rd for Brown.

We can’t give him a contract similar to Stanley to play RT. You have Phillips, Mekari, and can even add a RT later in the draft.

Tunsil netted 2 1st, 1 2nd, and Kenny Stills

This article suggested Stanley could be extended or traded for a huge haul.

Why would Brown Jr be worth significantly less?

https://ebonybird.co...-sized-trade/2/

Roll Tide

#37 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:21 PM

I think you could get multiple picks for Brown but not a 1st. I also think its something another team would be more likely to do after the '21 draft than before the '21 deaft. See what FA and the draft presents them as the 1st option.

#38 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:28 PM

I'd draw the line for a Brown trade at a top 20 pick in the '21 draft. Otherwise its extension, tag, or let him walk after he plays for us next year. I'd also consider a player for player trade but the player we receive has to be a high quality player. Im not doing a decent player and say a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

#39 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:38 PM

We can’t give him a contract similar to Stanley to play RT. You have Phillips, Mekari, and can even add a RT later in the draft.

Tunsil netted 2 1st, 1 2nd, and Kenny Stills

This article suggested Stanley could be extended or traded for a huge haul.

Why would Brown Jr be worth significantly less?

https://ebonybird.co...-sized-trade/2/

1: We don't know Browns contract demands yet.

2: Why can't we pay him ? Like I said, if its between paying Brown or Judon or Williams or Campbell. I'll take the 25 year old stud tackle 10 out of 10 times.

#40 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,770 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:55 PM

1: We don't know Browns contract demands yet.

2: Why can't we pay him ? Like I said, if its between paying Brown or Judon or Williams or Campbell. I'll take the 25 year old stud tackle 10 out of 10 times.

1. We don't need to know them exactly. It's pretty easy to get within the ballpark of what an extension would take. Honestly, we'll probably guess too low.

LT money instead of RT money is huge. 15 LT make $13M or more AAV. Only 3 RT are over that number. I think you'd be looking at $15Mish a year for Brown.

2. We can. Just a question of how much money do you want tied up in the OL. We've got another year before Lamar gets expensive and two before he's outrageous. So now is the last opportunity to splurge on luxuries.

Unless the cap does insane things to extensions as it may to free agency. If I'm a player, I don't think I'm signing for 20% less than what market would be if not for the pandemic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=