Photo

College Basketball 2020-21: General Talk (Baylor Wins Title)

• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

#741 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:55 AM

Based on that, I think UNLV qualifies. But yeesh, that's a -long- time, man. 

#742 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:43 PM

Serious question. Who's the last team to go (generally) untested in conference play and still win the national championship? Like, has it happened in our adult lives? Zags, Butler, Memphis have all come close but none of them got there. 

1966 Texas Western (UTEP) may qualify. The only ranked opponent they played all year was #4 Iowa. Arizona and Arizona St were on the schedule, but the rest they played is basically the Mountain West today, and some in much lower ranked conferences. 

Didn't realize there used to be a very large pool of Independent schools. Texas Western was independent though they played plenty of schools twice on their schedule. Marquette was independent in 77' (Sorry) but they played a few teams from all the major conferences. Way way more than the Zags, or Texas Western for that matter. 

San Fran back in the Bill Russell days was basically Gonzaga. All Cali conference is practically the WCC now. None of those teams were good.

@BSLMikeRandall

#743 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 06 April 2021 - 01:06 PM

I fell asleep during the afternoon and didn't awake till midnight.  I decided to go back to sleep and watch the (full) game the next day on YouTube  I avoided all sports sites or places that might give away the score.  However I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.  I accidentally saw the score on my smartphone because I was half asleep.  Maybe a blessing in disguise given it was a rout.  Props to Baylor though, you guys were electric.  Congrats on the title!

#744 ChrisDachille

ChrisDachille

All-Star

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:09 AM

BSL: Nobody’s Perfect

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@ChrisDachille

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors