#141 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

14-2 is crazy. Hell yeah. Can't wait for the Divisional Round.

#142 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:18 PM

By far, the most enjoyable regular season I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of.  Didn't see it coming but man, it's been great. 

• Dupin likes this

#143 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:20 PM

As good as Lamar is, this offense is more than him. It is rock solid from top to bottom.

Great way to end.

The most impressive thing today I thought was the play of the Oline.

#144 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:22 PM

Always good to beat Pittsburgh, especially good to do it without putting our key players at risk for the playoffs.  I'm excited to see what this team can do.  Definitely a contender.

#145 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

The most impressive thing today I thought was the play of the Oline.

With no Stanley or Yanda.

#146 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:57 PM

With no Stanley or Yanda.

Right..showed how well the depth is.

Passing game wasn’t good today but that’s to be expected for many reasons. The run blocking was excellent against a really good defense.

I really wasn’t sure they would break the record today or, if they did, it would be something where they ran it 40+ times and only averaged 3-3.5 ypc.

The run game looked like Lamar and Ingram were out there with the first unit Oline. Pretty impressive.

#147 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:03 PM

Passing game wasn’t good today but that’s to be expected for many reasons. The run blocking was excellent against a really good defense.

I really wasn’t sure they would break the record today or, if they did, it would be something where they ran it 40+ times and only averaged 3-3.5 ypc.

The run game looked like Lamar and Ingram
Were out there with the first unit Oline. Pretty impressive.

Was especially happy to see the Bus rumble for over 100 yards, which I had a feeling he was going to do.  Like you said, the passing game wasn't too good for more than one reason, namely the weather.  But I was really pleased how well they ran the ball against a solid Pittsburgh front 7 with their season on the line.  I had a feeling they were going to break the rushing record but 200+ yards?  Amazing once again.  This running attack is like a deadly, well oiled machine.  

#148 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

Has anyone won the AFC North by 6 games?

#149 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:09 PM

Has anyone won the AFC North by 6 games?

That would be the Baltimore Ravens!

@mikeghg

#150 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:12 PM

Today was miserable to be sitting in the stands, but I stayed until the clock hit 0:00.  I almost felt like I owed it to the team to stay.  

I fully expected, many Steeler fans, but it was not bad at all.  There were a lot of empty seats though.

@mikeghg

#151 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:13 PM

The Steelers are a dirty football team, but it looks we came out healthy.

@mikeghg

#152 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:38 PM

Today was miserable to be sitting in the stands, but I stayed until the clock hit 0:00. I almost felt like I owed it to the team to stay.
I fully expected, many Steeler fans, but it was not bad at all. There were a lot of empty seats though.

I stayed too but there were a good number of Steelers fans in my section and we gave them hell. It's hard to walk out of a game in a season like this regardless of what the weather is and we've had a couple of tough ones.
  • Mike B likes this

#153 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:07 PM

I stayed too but there were a good number of Steelers fans in my section and we gave them hell. It's hard to walk out of a game in a season like this regardless of what the weather is and we've had a couple of tough ones.

We have had 4 or 5 rain games the last 2 years.  I am not young anymore, need some dry weather.

@mikeghg

#154 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:23 PM

Cheap shot. Why? Maybe because of fake punt?

Probably because they lost to a team resting 6 Pro Bowlers with their playoff lives on the line.

@mikeghg

#155 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

The run game looked like Lamar and Ingram were out there with the first unit Oline. Pretty impressive.

The Oline has really developed this year.  At the beginning of the year, we were all worried about the Olinje and the depth.  I had confidence that Roman would make it work, but no where near this well.  We got somewhat lucky, with the only major injury being Skura, but Bozeman and Brown got better and better as the year went on and Stanley and Yanda, played at an All Pro level.  Mekari stepped in and did well, and Hurst when called upon did the job.  The line has come a long way.

@mikeghg

#156 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:46 PM

One of the funniest excuses of the year, goes to Ju Ju Smith Shuster.  The Steelers struggled because it rained harder when they had the ball.

Strange it looked like the Ravens backups, just whipped their asses.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#157 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:53 PM

One of the funniest excuses of the year, goes to Ju Ju Smith Shuster. The Steelers struggled because it rained harder when they had the ball.
Strange it looked like the Ravens backups, just whipped their asses.

Yea I saw that.

I’m sure there were moments when the rain was more intense than others but overall, it looked pretty similar throughout and was miserable the whole game.

#158 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:09 PM

Yea I saw that.

I’m sure there were moments when the rain was more intense than others but overall, it looked pretty similar throughout and was miserable the whole game.

I sat in it.  It was actually worse in the first half, but there were times when it slowed, then poured.  Sometimes players need to just shut up.

At this point in time, the Ravens are on a much higher level then the Steelers.

@mikeghg

#159 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:59 AM

Juju is seriously one of the 5 most disappointing players in football this year as a pure on-the-field product. And I'm fully rooting for the guy.

#160 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:23 AM

Juju is seriously one of the 5 most disappointing players in football this year as a pure on-the-field product. And I'm fully rooting for the guy.

I like JuJu wanted the Ravens to draft him, but he is a #2 type.  He needs to play with someone like Brown.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=