#2 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:15 PM

I’m gonna guess this isn’t going to knock our socks off. LOL

Edit 1: Isaac Mattson is part of the return.

Edit 2: Meoli reports all 4 players are pitchers.
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:20 PM

Bye, loser.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,745 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:23 PM

HRundy is going, going, gone.

• Mike in STL and BSLSteveBirrer like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,254 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

Isaac Mattson had really good numbers in 2019- relief pitcher. Not a top prospect per MLB Pipeline (though rarely are relievers). Good piece though.

We'll see who the other three guys are, but I'm not expecting much.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:29 PM

Hope a 23 y/o AA reliever with good not great numbers isn't the best piece coming back.  I'm very cool with trading Bundy, but if we only get some long shot fliers than I think I'd have preferred to have gambled on Bundy actually having success and increasing his value during the season.

• B00E00N00 and bmore_ken like this

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,510 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

Bye, loser.

In the Holiday spirit already?

He wasn't as good as we / he hoped due to injury. He did make it back after 3 lost year years and was durable.
  • SBTarheel likes this

#8 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

Hope a 23 y/o AA reliever with good not great numbers isn't the best piece coming back.  I'm very cool with trading Bundy, but if we only get some long shot fliers than I think I'd have preferred to have gambled on Bundy actually having success and increasing his value during the season.

They don't have much pitching in the system, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Their minor league strength was in the OF, with a couple other bats.

@JeremyMStrain

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:34 PM

They don't have much pitching in the system, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Their minor league strength was in the OF, with a couple other bats.

Well we aren't picking from anyone's strength, even a piece at the bottom of the strength totem pole, in return for Bundy.

I'd have preferred hoping for a breakout from Bundy than cashing out for current fair value.  But given how long I think the odds are of that breakout, I won't criticize harshly if this is all we get.

#10 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:34 PM

He wasn't as good as we / he hoped due to injury. He did make it back after 3 lost year years and was durable.

Seriously, sometimes this place is as bad as twitter with the constant negativity.

Good luck to Dylan out West!
  • sandiegosean likes this
@beginthebegin71

#11 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

Right-hander Dylan Bundy is headed to the Los Angeles Angels in exchange for RHP Isaac Mattson, RHP Zach Peek, RHP Kyle Bradish and RHP Kyle Brnovich, sources tell ESPN. @Ken_Rosenthal had Bundy going from Baltimore to Los Angeles.

@fuzydunlop

#12 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:38 PM

Well we aren't picking from anyone's strength, even a piece at the bottom of the strength totem pole, in return for Bundy.

I'd have preferred hoping for a breakout from Bundy than cashing out for current fair value.  But given how long I think the odds are of that breakout, I won't criticize harshly if this is all we get.

Yep probably right. There's still some upside for him, most I'm sure expect him to do better out of Bmore, and he showed he could be a back end starter.

I expected ANA to make a move like this in addition to signing Cole, but I figured it'd be more of a 1 to 1 deal for one of their OF prospects, since they have a bit of a logjam going on anyway. I wonder if they started that route and Bmore shifted to others because we are kind of loaded with OF guys too?

@JeremyMStrain

#13 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:53 PM

The guy's arm was used and abused in High School. I heard a story that he pitched 3 complete games in a 48 hour period. It was in a tournament of some sort. It's been a few years since I heard that during a morning commute (MLB Radio on Sirius). So I may not be remembering all the details correctly. 

He's just one of those prospects that never reached the heights of expectation. I'm not holding that against him. I hope the Angels can help him.  

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#14 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:00 PM

Baseball America seems to like a few of these guys:

https://twitter.com/...343602283782145

• BSLChrisStoner and Dr. FLK like this
@beginthebegin71

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:01 PM

Right-hander Dylan Bundy is headed to the Los Angeles Angels in exchange for RHP Isaac Mattson, RHP Zach Peek, RHP Kyle Bradish and RHP Kyle Brnovich, sources tell ESPN. @Ken_Rosenthal had Bundy going from Baltimore to Los Angeles.

MLB.com ranks Bradish as the Angels #21 prospect.   None of the others are in their top-30.

Bradish was a 4th round pick in 2018, signed for a little under slot.  Struggled at A+ this year as a 22 y/o.

Mattson is a RP who was 23 last year mostly at AA but reached AAA.  

Peek was a 6th round pick in 2019, signed for near slot.  22 next year.  Didn't pitch in any organized league this year after signing.

Brnovich (who clearly spells his name wrong) was an 8th round pick in 2019, also signed for near slot.  22 next year.  Didn't pitch in any organized league this year after signing.

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:04 PM

Alright I won't complain.  Bundy wasn't worth much.  This feels a lot like the trades in 2018, quantity over quality, but I don't think we were ever gonna get a top-10 type guy for Bundy so the quantity is an ok approach.  

I'd still have held onto him and hoped for a breakout that increases his value.  But this is a reasonable enough package back that I won't criticize.

I will criticize if they don't spend any money on the 2020 rotation.  Unrelated to this trade, but you can't have a rotation full of Ynoa's and Ashers next year.  Don't sign any long term guys, but get the best guys you can who have to settle for a 1-year deal.  

#17 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

Alright I won't complain.  Bundy wasn't worth much.  This feels a lot like the trades in 2018, quantity over quality, but I don't think we were ever gonna get a top-10 type guy for Bundy so the quantity is an ok approach.  

I'd still have held onto him and hoped for a breakout that increases his value.  But this is a reasonable enough package back that I won't criticize.

I will criticize if they don't spend any money on the 2020 rotation.  Unrelated to this trade, but you can't have a rotation full of Ynoa's and Ashers next year.  Don't sign any long term guys, but get the best guys you can who have to settle for a 1-year deal.  

Read that Baseball America report card I posted above, seems like it's at least a little promising. Bundy was nothing and we're clearly trying to be even worse next year, which I'm fine with. 

@beginthebegin71

#18 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:09 PM

Injury cost him what, few mph on the fastball? Year+ of development? I expect a lot more from a #4 overall pick than for his best year to be as a middle reliever, forever ago.

Although it’s not his fault he was drafted by the Orioles. That’s most of what went wrong with him. Another team, maybe he’s an all-star.
@BSLMikeRandall

#19 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

but if we only get some long shot fliers than I think I'd have preferred to have gambled on Bundy actually having success and increasing his value during the season.

I'd have preferred hoping for a breakout from Bundy than cashing out for current fair value. 

Pretty much how I feel about it.

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

I’m sure we will hear that the Orioles scouted some of these guys in the draft and liked them.

• mdrunning likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=