Baltimore City Football

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

Mervo struggled with the worst Dunbar team EVER. Travis Blackston, offensive coordinator for Dunbar, was a mastermind for Dunbar. Dunbar has not been the same since he left.

#22 Upnor4life

Upnor4life
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:35 PM

The only city team that shows up on the state level is Dunbar. Mervo and other city programs dont play with the same level of pride and heart on the state level.

#23 Upnor4life

Upnor4life
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:38 PM

Dunbar plays in 1A. So in the past few years 1st and 2nd round games consist of Lewis, Overlea, NAF teams like that. Don't think back to the Taavon Austin days

#24 Upnor4life

Upnor4life
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:43 PM

Mervo struggled with the worst Dunbar team EVER. Travis Blackston, offensive coordinator for Dunbar, was a mastermind for Dunbar. Dunbar has not been the same since he left.

Mervo beat Dunbar 3 straight times with Travis.

#25 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:44 AM

Coach Cee who was the DC, has now taken over as OC. Like I said in a earlier post, this is the year to take them down.

East

Coast

Fan

#26 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM

Mervo never shows up for state championships. City football is not respected across the state outside of Dunbar
  • ECF likes this

#27 Scoutbmore

Scoutbmore
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:21 AM

It wouldn't be very smart for a playoff team outside of Baltimore to down play what Mervo brings to the field. 

#28 mlf1886

mlf1886
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:22 PM

Travis was no Mastermind. Believe me. I can think of several losses that were because of him in the playoffs. At home Dunbar was shutout in 2013 vs Patterson. In 2015 losing to an inferior team in Patuxent. Both Dunbar teams had several D1 players. Travis left in 2015. Dunbar won another title in 17'.

#29 mlf1886

mlf1886
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:24 PM

Franklin is 3A favorite. What area public school has the heart to continually play MIAA schools? What area public school has the heart to play and challenge DeMatha? Franklin has proven themselves on the state level. Franklin and Mervo aren't even in the same breath. Mervo has remarkable courage against Baltimore City teams. Where are there state championships? Franklin has the heart to play anybody and they have shown and proven.

You can't just play private schools. You have to beat them.

#30 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:00 PM

Travis was no Mastermind. Believe me. I can think of several losses that were because of him in the playoffs. At home Dunbar was shutout in 2013 vs Patterson. In 2015 losing to an inferior team in Patuxent. Both Dunbar teams had several D1 players. Travis left in 2015. Dunbar won another title in 17'.

All great points and facts

#31 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:00 PM

Franklin has won state championships. Where are Mervo's?

#32 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:02 PM

Travis was connected to more state championships than Mervo. I respect winners - Franklin and Dunbar. This is a down year for Baltimore City. We know Mervo is doing nothing on the state level

#33 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

Only one Baltimore area school has won a 4A title(s) since 1995- Old Mill (‘09, 11). Only three have won 3A since 1996 - Franklin (‘13, ‘14, ‘18), Wilde Lake (‘97, ‘10),and River Hill (‘07, ‘08).
@aka_themamba

#34 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

Playing private schools prepares Franklin to win state championships. It's better than Mervo thinking they've done something beating bs city programs and then never rising to the occasion when they play real programs outside of Baltimore City

#35 mlf1886

mlf1886
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:26 PM

Travis was connected to more state championships than Mervo. I respect winners - Franklin and Dunbar. This is a down year for Baltimore City. We know Mervo is doing nothing on the state level

This will be one of the better years in the city. Mervo, City Dunbar and Patterson will all have good season that will end better

#36 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:33 PM

Franklin played with a huge disadvantage in each of the six seasons they played the privates in the first two weeks from’13-18. Calvert Hall was playing its third game in the Indians ‘13 opener, their second in the ‘14 opener. McDonogh was playing in its second game in the Indians ‘15 opener, and had played Gonzaga in ‘16 before the Tribe took a snap. DeMatha was playing in its third game in each of their matchups with the Indians, including matchups with national powerhouses on national television, two weeks before both matchups. Huge disadvantage. Coach Burgos’ knows this, but uses it as building blocks for a state title push.
  • oldballcoach likes this
@aka_themamba

#37 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:50 PM

This is Dunbars worst team ever. Mervo will not win state championships.

#38 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:55 PM

Patterson has potential but face tough opponents in Edmondson, Mervo, Dunbar, and Poly. And their region is tough with Milford Mill being the class of the region. Dunbar is not what it used to be neither is Patterson.

#39 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:58 PM

Will Baltimore City win a state championship? NO. When we get to basketball there are no excuses. Baltimore City dominates. Poly destroyed competition, Patterson destroyed competition, Lake Clifton destroyed competition. NO EXCUSES. Excuses are for losers

#40 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:10 PM

I think you may be arguing with yourself here. I haven’t seen anyone in 15 years on forums say they expect(ed) Mervo to win the state championship. They have played well in the 4A regionals, beating teams outside the city. They won at Sherwood in ‘16, at Howard and Paint Branch last year. Again, I think I can speak for just about everyone on this forum in saying that I don’t think anyone on here had Mervo beating more talented teams such as Quince Orchard, North Point, or Wise. I can’t speak to your unsolicited shade you felt you needed to shed on Mervo, but it seems like an internal battle.
@aka_themamba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=