Photo

2019 Baltimore Metro Football (General Talk)

• Please log in to reply
736 replies to this topic

#141 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:55 PM

Great rankings I will say got to see highlights of South River v Westminster. South River could be the team in AA County.
  • BSLWillieSeanCoughlan likes this

#142 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:03 PM

Great rankings I will say got to see highlights of South River v Westminster. South River could be the team in AA County.

Thanks. I too believe they are among the top 3 in AACo, with Broadneck and Arundel. I’m not ready to give up on either Broadneck or Arundel, as both played very good teams in week 1. Both will be able to score with the best of them, but like last year, will likely give up a ton of points (relatively speaking for top 4 seeds). I went to the North Point-Arundel game. The Eagles looked outstanding, even without one of the best QB’s in the MPSSAA - Asa Williams. Still, a lot of football yet to be played.
@aka_themamba

#143 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:29 PM

Thanks. I too believe they are among the top 3 in AACo, with Broadneck and Arundel. I’m not ready to give up on either Broadneck or Arundel, as both played very good teams in week 1. Both will be able to score with the best of them, but like last year, will likely give up a ton of points (relatively speaking for top 4 seeds). I went to the North Point-Arundel game. The Eagles looked outstanding, even without one of the best QB’s in the MPSSAA - Asa Williams. Still, a lot of football yet to be played.

Arundel can’t stop nobody I’m picking Meade to shock some people

#144 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:30 PM

Concordia Prep not getting no love!!

Hold your horses maroon

#145 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:18 PM

Arundel can’t stop nobody I’m picking Meade to shock some people

I can see that. I agree with Willie that Bneck and Arundel played tough first opponents so tough to judge just yet. Meade was a good call also I hear good things through Rich from his former players about the new staff.

#146 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:35 PM

Potomac isn’t a very good. Winning record last yet but they didn’t beat anybody good. Beat up on the bottom graders of PG. That’s a bad loss by Broadneck

Arundel is slow and unathletic and as teams get in better shape and the weather gets colder they will be exposed. SR is my pick for AA county
  • oldballcoach likes this

#147 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:50 AM

Parkville??

#148 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:08 PM

Potomac isn’t a very good. Winning record last yet but they didn’t beat anybody good. Beat up on the bottom graders of PG. That’s a bad loss by Broadneck

Arundel is slow and unathletic and as teams get in better shape and the weather gets colder they will be exposed. SR is my pick for AA county

Though Potomac did lose to Dunbar last year, they did beat Douglass,, who beat Dunbar. They also beat Eleanor Roosevelt (35-0), who has never been a bottom grader. In the Maryland Football Writers Media Poll, that came out today, a day after mine, the Wolverines are ranked tied for 13th among publics, by their 12 voters.
@aka_themamba

#149 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:27 PM

Though Potomac did lose to Dunbar last year, they did beat Douglass,, who beat Dunbar. They also beat Eleanor Roosevelt (35-0), who has never been a bottom grader. In the Maryland Football Writers Media Poll, that came out today, a day after mine, the Wolverines are ranked tied for 13th among publics, by their 12 voters.

The ER win was their best win. Missed that when scrolling through their results from last year. Still wouldn’t consider Potomac a great team. They won’t make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

The media poll has those rankings because of their win against an overrated Broadneck team. Broadneck maybe wins their 1st Rd game if they get a good match up but they will lost to either SR or Howard I’m the 2nd round.

#150 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:41 PM

The ER win was their best win. Missed that when scrolling through their results from last year. Still wouldn’t consider Potomac a great team. They won’t make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

The media poll has those rankings because of their win against an overrated Broadneck team. Broadneck maybe wins their 1st Rd game if they get a good match up but they will lost to either SR or Howard I’m the 2nd round.

Yea, I don’t think anyone thinks they are a ‘great’ team. There are usually 0-5 of them, relatively speaking, at any level. My rankings were representative of their Broadneck win, as well. I had them at #22 in my pre-season list.

We’ll see about the playoffs, you may be right. South River had a nice win over Westminster. Howard did nothing really in my mind from moving them from ‘30ish’, with a 5 point win over unranked Reservoir.
  • oldballcoach likes this
@aka_themamba

#151 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:46 AM

Yea, I don’t think anyone thinks they are a ‘great’ team. There are usually 0-5 of them, relatively speaking, at any level. My rankings were representative of their Broadneck win, as well. I had them at #22 in my pre-season list.

We’ll see about the playoffs, you may be right. South River had a nice win over Westminster. Howard did nothing really in my mind from moving them from ‘30ish’, with a 5 point win over unranked Reservoir.

Understandable. Time will tell. I will say this about Reservoir, they were impressive and will finish top 3 in the Hoco league. 

#152 GDEF

GDEF
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:43 AM

Week 2!

#153 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:04 PM

PB 6 NW 3 after 1
@aka_themamba

#154 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:31 PM

NW 10 PB 6 H
@aka_themamba

#155 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:48 PM

McDonogh 25 Franklin 3 3rd
@aka_themamba

#156 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

McDonogh 25 Franklin 3 3rd

Wow did not expect that after the St Anthony’s game

#157 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:07 PM

Still early but I believe 10-3 Severna Park over Arundel at half. South river 28-14 over Meade in the 3rd

#158 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,472 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:10 PM

South Hagerstown TD. EP is good South Hagerstown 19 Howard 10 7:53 left in the game

#159 BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSLWillieSeanCoughlan

BSL HS Analyst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:11 PM

NW 17 PB 6 3rd :47
@aka_themamba

#160 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie