Photo

2019 Baltimore Metro Football (General Talk)

• Please log in to reply
736 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

There are individual threads (linked below) for each part of the Baltimore Metro.

This thread can be used for general talk as a whole.

Anne Arundel -

Baltimore City -

Baltimore County -

Carroll County -

Harford County -

Howard County -

MIAA -

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:57 AM

Some questions: 

1) Who are the favorites? 

Anne Arundel - 

Balt City - 

Balt County - 

Carroll County - 

Harford County - 

Howard County - 

MIAA - 

2) Surprise teams (teams you think will be better than most expect, those ready to make a jump)?

3) Program that is going to step back? 

4) Favorite Coaches? Who runs the most innovative schemes? Gets the most out of the talent they have?

5) What players are you most interested in? Who are some of the best returning skill players? Best lineman?

6) Your Top 10 Teams Heading Into The Fall? 

7) SFA finishes where in the National Rankings?

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:13 AM

Final 2018 Rankings

2018 All-Maryland (Not just Baltimore Metro) Team

Reclassification Discussion

247 Sports Top Class of 2020 Players In Maryland 

247 Sports Top Class of 2021 Players In Maryland

#4 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

Some questions:

Anne Arundel - My bet is still Broadneck good talent returns and good coaching.

Balt City - Shot in the dark but Mervo

Balt County - Franklin same reason as Bneck

Carroll County - Westminster had some very good young players last year

Harford County - Not familiar with the area but I am guessing Edgewood?

Howard County - Howard they have very good talent

MIAA - Toss up all the top 4 are strong this year

2) Surprise teams (teams you think will be better than most expect, those ready to make a jump)?

Surprise team could be a Meade resurgence if the new staff can put it together they have some good players and really down county talent wise

I think Glenelg lost a few special players and a great coach. Think they will rebound but will take a year.

4) Favorite Coaches? Who runs the most innovative schemes? Gets the most out of the talent they have?

Public Guys:
AA County - Harris, Elliott
Balt Co - Burgos (made me a believer last year 100%), Townsend, White, Ethington
City - Nixon & Johnson
Carroll - Luethe
Harford- Brooks
Howard- Van Dusen & Bell
MIAA - Schmidt, Davis, Holzer, Budroni

5) What players are you most interested in? Who are some of the best returning skill players? Best lineman?

Skills - Brade, Wax, Hebert, Savage, Jacobs, B Jones, Morant, Baker

Line - Carter, Leavy, Klein, Bryan, Saunders

6) Your Top 10 Teams Heading Into The Fall?

SFA
CH
MSJ
ASHS
Franklin
McD
Mervo
MM
Howard
Westminster

Top 5
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:35 AM

Balt Sun: "It's still 14 games" — How coaches around the state react to changes coming to high school football
https://www.baltimor...0508-story.html

#6 Rm7

Rm7
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:11 PM

Some questions:

Anne Arundel - My bet is still Broadneck good talent returns and good coaching.

Balt City - Shot in the dark but Mervo

Balt County - Franklin same reason as Bneck

Carroll County - Westminster had some very good young players last year

Harford County - Not familiar with the area but I am guessing Edgewood?

Howard County - Howard they have very good talent

MIAA - Toss up all the top 4 are strong this year

Surprise team could be a Meade resurgence if the new staff can put it together they have some good players and really down county talent wise

I think Glenelg lost a few special players and a great coach. Think they will rebound but will take a year.

Public Guys:
AA County - Harris, Elliott
Balt Co - Burgos (made me a believer last year 100%), Townsend, White, Ethington
City - Nixon & Johnson
Carroll - Luethe
Harford- Brooks
Howard- Van Dusen & Bell
MIAA - Schmidt, Davis, Holzer, Budroni

Skills - Brade, Wax, Hebert, Savage, Jacobs, B Jones, Morant, Baker

Line - Carter, Leavy, Klein, Bryan, Saunders

6) Your Top 10 Teams Heading Into The Fall?

SFA
CH
MSJ
ASHS
Franklin
McD
Mervo
MM
Howard
Westminster

Top 5

SFA will all depend on the QB play. Playing against similar built teams they might struggle there. D will be lights out as will the O-line an RB’s. But when teams stack the box will they be able to put in the air, we shall see. Wish them luck that’s a tough sledding for sure.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:56 PM

Balt Sun: Mount Saint Joseph's Dont'e Thornton Jr. staying focused as football recruitment ramps up

https://www.baltimor...2019-story.html

• ShoNuff07 likes this

#8 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:28 PM

Balt Sun: Mount Saint Joseph's Dont'e Thornton Jr. staying focused as football recruitment ramps up

https://www.baltimor...2019-story.html

Pretty cool article.  Love his comment regarding getting a degree to help his family, instead of banking on the NFL.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,674 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:54 AM

Are there players you think are under the radar right now, but legit D1 talents? 

#10 bob12345

bob12345
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:36 PM

Lets start getting the ball rolling for championship picks for this year:

Picks for 2019-2020 year

• 4A: Quince Orchard definitely leads the pack this year. With talented RB and Kent state commit Marquez Cooper to bolster the offense along with Syracuse commit safety, Charles Bell VI on the defense with several private school transfers, the 4A runs through Quince Orchard. 

Other picks include: Wise, Broadneck. 

• 3A: With recent reclassification, Damascus has been moved up to 3A. With the nations number one player Bryan Bresse along with the number one center in the class of 2021 Ryan Linthicum, Damascus seems to be on track to win the state championship. 

Other picks include: North Point, Franklin

• 2A: With recent classification as well as graduation, 2A is not as good as it has been in years past. With that said, I fully expect either Oakdale or Milford Mill to win the state championship. Both teams are fully stacked with talent, as Oakdale returns QB Ethan Reifer a long with past years championship. Milford Mill bolsters several playmakers such as RB Jordan Morant (not the Michigan commit) as well as a talented QB in Rishon Holmes. Furthermore, MM doesn’t have to run though Franklin every year. 

Other picks include: Glenelg

• 1A: If I’m being honest, I don’t know too much about 1A. If I would have to guess it would be either Dunbar or Fort Hill, but I’m not going to make an uneducated guess here. 
  • MIAA A: In what will probably be one of the most exciting years in the MIAA A since 2016, I pick Archbishop Spalding to win the conference. Bolstered by young talent across the board such as WR Zakee Wilson (offers from Penn State and Michigan St.), QB Austin Tutas (Offers from Virginia Tech) and Jayon Venerable (Offers from UMD, UMass. Virginia Tech), Spalding looks like they can score from anywhere on the field. The same however can be said about Mcdonogh, Calvert Hall, and Mount St Joes. This year will be one to watch. 
  • MIAA B: If I’m being honest, I can’t call the MIAA B right now. I need at least 3 weeks of league play to derive that answer. The league has its ups and downs for every team. Even if Palotti does look like the best team on paper, they also did two years ago when they went 2-8 (both wins were against Severn and St.Marys, the two teams that ended up playing each other in the championship). Severn then went ahead and went 2-7 last year and didn’t win a conference game. This year, St. Mary’s does lose one of their BTC super 22 players due to grades while Pallotti and John Carroll have gained several high profile transfers from around the state. Throw in two more teams (Concordia Prep and AACS moved up)  to add to the craziness. I would rank teams from last year and what they lost due to graduation and gained due to transfers like this:

Pallotti, John Carroll, St.Mary’s, St Paul’s, Curley, Severn, Boys Latin, Concordia Prep, Annapolis Area Christian. 

• WCAC: Another great year coming for the WCAC. Gonzaga, Dematha, St. Johns, Good Counsel all bring forth a good argument as to why they should win the WCAC. St Johns has the best athlete in the nation with Rakim Jarret- not to mention the 4 and 5 star studs that litter their front 7. Dematha has the best RB in the conference in  Marshawn Lloyd. Good Counsel has the best O-Line anchored by 5 star  Landon Tengwell. Gonzaga returns the best QB in the conference in Caleb Williams. I haven’t seen this much talent in the DMV in a long time, but I am especially excited for this year in the WCAC. Should be one to remember. All 4 of those teams have an equal shot of winning the championship. It will come down to coaching, injuries and pure luck(Looking at you Gonzaga).
  • IAC: Although many of the other conferences are close, for me the IAC is a no brainer. Bullis will take the championship. The team bolsters several transfers from around the state and beyond. They finally addressed their weakness at QB and added 5 (4?) Star 2021 QB Christian Veilleux  along with several other transfers from VA and Dematha. The defense will be anchored by Myles Turner and Caleb Tomlin. Bullis finally addressed their biggest weakness from last year, and I can’t see anyone in the IAC stopping them this year.

Disclaimer- Used this list for Classification-

https://www.mpssaa.o...Sport_19-21.pdf

#11 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:42 AM

Picks for 2019-2020 year

• 4A: Quince Orchard definitely leads the pack this year. With talented RB and Kent state commit Marquez Cooper to bolster the offense along with Syracuse commit safety, Charles Bell VI on the defense with several private school transfers, the 4A runs through Quince Orchard. 

• 3A: With recent reclassification, Damascus has been moved up to 3A. With the nations number one player Bryan Bresse along with the number one center in the class of 2021 Ryan Linthicum, Damascus seems to be on track to win the state championship. 

• 2A: With recent classification as well as graduation, 2A is not as good as it has been in years past. With that said, I fully expect either Oakdale or Milford Mill to win the state championship. Both teams are fully stacked with talent, as Oakdale returns QB Ethan Reifer a long with past years championship. Milford Mill bolsters several playmakers such as RB Jordan Morant (not the Michigan commit) as well as a talented QB in Rishon Holmes. Furthermore, MM doesn’t have to run though Franklin every year. 

• 1A: If I’m being honest, I don’t know too much about 1A. If I would have to guess it would be either Dunbar or Fort Hill, but I’m not going to make an uneducated guess here. 
  • MIAA A: In what will probably be one of the most exciting years in the MIAA A since 2016, I pick Archbishop Spalding to win the conference. Bolstered by young talent across the board such as WR Zakee Wilson (offers from Penn State and Michigan St.), QB Austin Tutas (Offers from Virginia Tech) and Jayon Venerable (Offers from UMD, UMass. Virginia Tech), Spalding looks like they can score from anywhere on the field. The same however can be said about Mcdonogh, Calvert Hall, and Mount St Joes. This year will be one to watch. 
  • MIAA B: If I’m being honest, I can’t call the MIAA B right now. I need at least 3 weeks of league play to derive that answer. The league has its ups and downs for every team. Even if Palotti does look like the best team on paper, they also did two years ago when they went 2-8 (both wins were against Severn and St.Marys, the two teams that ended up playing each other in the championship). Severn then went ahead and went 2-7 last year and didn’t win a conference game. This year, St. Mary’s does lose one of their BTC super 22 players due to grades while Pallotti and John Carroll have gained several high profile transfers from around the state. Throw in two more teams (Concordia Prep and AACS moved up)  to add to the craziness. I would rank teams from last year and what they lost due to graduation and gained due to transfers like this:

Pallotti, John Carroll, St.Mary’s, St Paul’s, Curley, Severn, Boys Latin, Concordia Prep, Annapolis Area Christian. 

• WCAC: Another great year coming for the WCAC. Gonzaga, Dematha, St. Johns, Good Counsel all bring forth a good argument as to why they should win the WCAC. St Johns has the best athlete in the nation with Rakim Jarret- not to mention the 4 and 5 star studs that litter their front 7. Dematha has the best RB in the conference in  Marshawn Lloyd. Good Counsel has the best O-Line anchored by 5 star  Landon Tengwell. Gonzaga returns the best QB in the conference in Caleb Williams. I haven’t seen this much talent in the DMV in a long time, but I am especially excited for this year in the WCAC. Should be one to remember. All 4 of those teams have an equal shot of winning the championship. It will come down to coaching, injuries and pure luck(Looking at you Gonzaga).
  • IAC: Although many of the other conferences are close, for me the IAC is a no brainer. Bullis will take the championship. The team bolsters several transfers from around the state and beyond. They finally addressed their weakness at QB and added 5 (4?) Star 2021 QB Christian Veilleux  along with several other transfers from VA and Dematha. The defense will be anchored by Myles Turner and Caleb Tomlin. Bullis finally addressed their biggest weakness from last year, and I can’t see anyone in the IAC stopping them this year.

I like most of your predictions.  The only one I kind of question is Oakdale.  They lost quite a bit from that team, 26 seniors to be exact, which include Kent St commit QB Collin Schlee.  They return only 2 starters on offense and 4 on defense.  Not saying they won't be a good team, I just find it hard that they will repeat.

#12 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:23 PM

Picks for 2019-2020 year

McDonogh? Stop it. I know you’re a McD parent but please. Didn’t they lose two of their best players to DeMatha this year? The beast rising Soph OL, and a starting DB/LB? They have Jacobs, and some good rising ninth grade linemen. That’s it. They will be at the bottom with Gilman again.

#13 bob12345

bob12345
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 01:13 AM

McDonogh? Stop it. I know you’re a McD parent but please. Didn’t they lose two of their best players to DeMatha this year? The beast rising Soph OL, and a starting DB/LB? They have Jacobs, and some good rising ninth grade linemen. That’s it. They will be at the bottom with Gilman again.

(Source is twitter)

Kids from Mcdonogh with offers:

Curtis Jacobs(OLB/WR)-Penn State commit-20+ offers

Kris Jenner (QB)-Colombia

Dani-Dennis Sutton (DE/TE)-Michigan, Nebraska, Maryland,Penn State, Virginia Tech, UMass, Rutgers,West Virginia, Florida.

Preston Howard(QB/TE/DE) -Michigan, Umass, West Virginia

Kwan Williams (OL/DL)-Michigan, Texas A&M,Maryland,Virginia Tech, Umass, Penn State,Florida

Beau Bedard (OL/DL)- Robert Morris, Butler

Kids from Gilman with offers:

Matheaus Carroll-Liberty, Cincinnati, Maryland, University of Virginia 

Stefan Gladis- St. Anselm (D2) Seton Hill (D2)

I'm a realist and you have to let your bias go and recognize that Mcdonogh has plenty of talent this season. There may be other kids with offers as well that are not known. 

#14 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:30 AM

(Source is twitter)

Dani-Dennis Sutton (DE/TE)-Michigan, Nebraska, Maryland,Penn State, Virginia Tech, UMass, Rutgers,West Virginia, Florida.
Kwan Williams (OL/DL)-Michigan, Texas A&M,Maryland,Virginia Tech, Umass, Penn State,Florida

I'm a realist and you have to let your bias go and recognize that Mcdonogh has plenty of talent this season. There may be other kids with offers as well that are not known.

McDonogh
Antoine Booth II (DB/WR) - Rutgers
I also hear he might be transferring to Damatha, or back home to Long Reach

East

Coast

Fan

#15 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills

Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:33 AM

Picks for 2019-2020 year

• MIAA B: If I’m being honest, I can’t call the MIAA B right now. I need at least 3 weeks of league play to derive that answer. The league has its ups and downs for every team. Even if Palotti does look like the best team on paper, they also did two years ago when they went 2-8 (both wins were against Severn and St.Marys, the two teams that ended up playing each other in the championship). Severn then went ahead and went 2-7 last year and didn’t win a conference game. This year, St. Mary’s does lose one of their BTC super 22 players due to grades while Pallotti and John Carroll have gained several high profile transfers from around the state. Throw in two more teams (Concordia Prep and AACS moved up) to add to the craziness. I would rank teams from last year and what they lost due to graduation and gained due to transfers like this:

• WCAC: Another great year coming for the WCAC. Gonzaga, Dematha, St. Johns, Good Counsel all bring forth a good argument as to why they should win the WCAC. St Johns has the best athlete in the nation with Rakim Jarret- not to mention the 4 and 5 star studs that litter their front 7. Dematha has the best RB in the conference in Marshawn Lloyd. Good Counsel has the best O-Line anchored by 5 star Landon Tengwell. Gonzaga returns the best QB in the conference in Caleb Williams. I haven’t seen this much talent in the DMV in a long time, but I am especially excited for this year in the WCAC. Should be one to remember. All 4 of those teams have an equal shot of winning the championship. It will come down to coaching, injuries and pure luck(Looking at you Gonzaga).
  • IAC: Although many of the other conferences are close, for me the IAC is a no brainer. Bullis will take the championship. The team bolsters several transfers from around the state and beyond. They finally addressed their weakness at QB and added 5 (4?) Star 2021 QB Christian Veilleux along with several other transfers from VA and Dematha. The defense will be anchored by Myles Turner and Caleb Tomlin. Bullis finally addressed their biggest weakness from last year, and I can’t see anyone in the IAC stopping them this year.

Nice post
4A Wise
3A
2A Milford
1A Dunbar

MIAA Hall/Spaulding
B St. Paul’s

#16 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:08 PM

McDonogh
Antoine Booth II (DB/WR) - Rutgers
I also hear he might be transferring to Damatha, or back home to Long Reach

Booth is at DeMatha.

#17 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:10 PM

(Source is twitter)

First told off, offers mean nothing. Secondly, you can’t play two QB’s at the same time. Thirdly, wasn’t saying that McD doesn’t have some talent, saying that they’re at the bottom of the league. They’re not challenging any of the top teams, and will probably only beat Gilman.

#18 ECF

ECF
  • Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:42 AM

Booth is at DeMatha.

Hope he gets a chance to play down there.

East

Coast

Fan

#19 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:47 PM

MaxPreps Poll is out and SFA is ranked number 2 in the country. Can’t wait to see them play the number 1 team in the country here in Mater Dei. Word on the street out here is, Mater Dei just got one of the best players from Bmore coming, stay tuned. https://www.maxpreps...f4-ee3a613f8fb6

#20 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:49 PM

They should be number 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=