#41 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:02 AM

It makes no sense. Haskins is a 1st rounder and didn't look bad as a rookie. You have to do your due diligence and see what you got with him. In the mean time, you grab an elite edge rusher.
Position for position, yes, QB is more important. But if you have a guy with a high ceiling like Haskins already, taking another QB with a high ceiling over the elite edge rusher is idiotic. Especially when one QB has a year in and looked decent as a rookie. Why start over with another QB ?
As the Skins, you HAVE to take Young. They're not going to the superbowl next year, take the guy who could be the next Mack. Give yourself a dominant front 7 as a start for your rebuild. And work from there. I'd understand if Haskins looked totally inept every time out. But he awarded himself the chance to go forward as the starter.

They have to take Young if they stay.

But Miami has 3 first rounders. Using the points chart, #5 and #18 add up to the same as #2.

So, if Miami really wants Tua and is willing to move up for him, that is the trade and maybe you can even get another pick as well.

If I’m Washington, I prefer that.

There is a caveat to that though...you have to feel that you can get an elite guy at 5 and another very solid guy at 18.

Young will be elite and you win with elite talent. I’m not trade 2 good to very good players for one elite guy, no matter how many holes my team has.

But if you think Isaiah Simmons is that great or one of the Olineman is a 10 year pro bowler, you likely will be able to get that player at 5 and still get someone good at 18.

It really comes down to your evaluations there.

#42 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,420 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:07 AM

Tua will probably put himself in high enough demand that Was will have to take the big haul to trade out.

#43 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:18 AM

Tua will probably put himself in high enough demand that Was will have to take a big haul to trade down.

He more than likely will not be ready for the combine or even Pro Day, so teams are likely to be concerned.

@mikeghg

#44 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:55 AM

They have to take Young if they stay.

But Miami has 3 first rounders. Using the points chart, #5 and #18 add up to the same as #2.

So, if Miami really wants Tua and is willing to move up for him, that is the trade and maybe you can even get another pick as well.

If I’m Washington, I prefer that.

There is a caveat to that though...you have to feel that you can get an elite guy at 5 and another very solid guy at 18.

Young will be elite and you win with elite talent. I’m not trade 2 good to very good players for one elite guy, no matter how many holes my team has.

But if you think Isaiah Simmons is that great or one of the Olineman is a 10 year pro bowler, you likely will be able to get that player at 5 and still get someone good at 18.

It really comes down to your evaluations there.

I agree. If the Redskins stay at 2, Young has to be the pick. They will probably trade Trent Williams. If they can wrangle a first for him somehow, then get miami to overpay for #2, they get 3 total firsts this year, they could make a quick turnaround. If it weren't Washington, I would say that's what they'd do. With them, who knows.

#45 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,420 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:57 AM

He more than likely will not be ready for the combine or even Pro Day, so teams are likely to be concerned.

I really dont think that'll matter. QBs get pushed up the board regardless. Especially one as highly thought of as he was for most of the year. Without the injury, there is probably a debate raging between him and Burrow for #1.

#46 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:06 AM

I really dont think that'll matter. QBs get pushed up the board regardless. Especially one as highly thought of as he was for most of the year. Without the injury, there is probably a debate raging between him and Burrow for #1.

You always have one or two that fall. I'd venture a guess that Tua either stays the same or drops. Hes not going to rise coming off of a major injury and not being able to work out. Other QBs will rise. Herbert may be able to take over the #2 prospect ranking if he shows out in his workouts.

#47 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:01 PM

Rob and Chris were aware that I attended the 2020 Senior Bowl last week, as I might be joining a front office of an NFL organization and had an interview before the event started.  I stuck around a few days longer to catch a few practices and converse with scouts and coaches from that team, along with continued discussions with the GM....but I also scribbled down some of the observations that I saw during my time.  I will post other threads for DL, DE/OLB (Edge Rushers), WR, ILB, OL to focus on positions likely of interest to Ravens fans, as those are the teams biggest needs.  Feel free to ask any specific questions about players I don't list, or more info on players that I do.

This is the first one for DL:

https://www.baltimor...dl/#entry858798

• SportsGuy and Mike B like this
@Olsen_Don

#48 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:47 PM

Rob and Chris were aware that I attended the 2020 Senior Bowl last week, as I might be joining a front office of an NFL organization and had an interview before the event started.  I stuck around a few days longer to catch a few practices and converse with scouts and coaches from that team, along with continued discussions with the GM....but I also scribbled down some of the observations that I saw during my time.  I will post other threads for DL, DE/OLB (Edge Rushers), WR, ILB, OL to focus on positions likely of interest to Ravens fans, as those are the teams biggest needs.  Feel free to ask any specific questions about players I don't list, or more info on players that I do.

Good luck to you.

#49 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

@mikeghg

#50 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:15 AM

CBS Sports: Mock Draft Feb. 3rd
https://www.cbssport...nchise-passers/

OKLAHOMA • JR • 6'2" / 234 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM Baltimore PROSPECT RNK 19th POSITION RNK 2nd

Josh Bynes played out of his mind last season but he's 30 and was on a one-year deal after spending the previous two seasons in Arizona (and the three before that in Detroit). Murray has sideline-to-sideline speed and is a middle-of-the-field playmaker who has the talent to be the next great inside linebacker in Baltimore.

#51 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:16 PM

That’s who McShay has mocked to us in his lasted mock.

#52 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:40 PM

Was initially thinking WR round 1, but there could be some good OLB/DE available and that may end up being the best intersection of need/value early. I do think you can get a good WR in round 2 or 3.

@gabefergy

#53 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:02 PM

Was initially thinking WR round 1, but there could be some good OLB/DE available and that may end up being the best intersection of need/value early. I do think you can get a good WR in round 2 or 3.

I would love to add to this offense. If we don't go LBer I am 100% on board with a WR. Especially in this class.

#54 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:10 PM

I would love to add to this offense. If we don't go LBer I am 100% on board with a WR. Especially in this class.

I definitely am not opposed to a WR in the first round, but I also think there are good WRs that will be available later on. I'm not sure there is the same amount of depth among pass-rushers. IOL is another position that could be in the conversation.

@gabefergy

#55 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:09 AM

I definitely am not opposed to a WR in the first round, but I also think there are good WRs that will be available later on. I'm not sure there is the same amount of depth among pass-rushers. IOL is another position that could be in the conversation.

I agree with that.

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:09 PM

Just saw Jeremiah say he has 21 WR with a 3rd round grade or better.

#57 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:18 PM

A record number of underclassmen entered the 2020 draft and now the list of combine attendees is 337.

Most clubs set their graded list from 150-200 players in a typical draft year.  I wonder how many the Ravens will grade out with the massive number of combine participants. 

@Olsen_Don

#58 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:40 PM

Just saw Jeremiah say he has 21 WR with a 3rd round grade or better.

Speed, speed and more speed.  I watched KC.  Everyone on that team can run.  With some sound shopping, we can do the same.

@mikeghg

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:16 AM

Baltimore Sun: Seven-round Ravens mock draft (Version 1.0): Defense adds champion linebacker early and Terps standout late
https://www.baltimor...2hdi-story.html

#60 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:12 PM

https://www.baltimor...vens-mock-draft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users