• Please log in to reply
2161 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:47 PM

CBS Sports: 2020 NFL Draft: RB class still talented at the top despite Travis Etienne returning to Clemson
https://www.cbssport...ing-to-clemson/

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:49 PM

The Ringer: The Ringer’s Top-32 2020 NFL Draft Big Board

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:53 PM

CBS Sports: 2020 NFL Mock Draft: Tom Brady sticks with Patriots and they get him a speedy receiver, Jaguars add defense
https://www.cbssport...rs-add-defense/

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:05 PM

Interesting, I would love to see the Ravens wind up with Murray, from Oklahoma, but Epenesa fills a need.

I also like LSU's Justin Jefferson.  He fits that big fast WR need.

@mikeghg

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:07 PM

Miami, could get better quick.

@mikeghg

#26 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:45 AM

Miami, could get better quick.

With the right people making the decisions, Miami could make some noise in just 2 or 3 years. Especially if Tua can stay healthy and reaches his potential.

#27 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:47 AM

Epenesa isn’t falling to the Ravens

#28 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,136 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:57 PM

Is anyone else not convinced that Washington will pass on Tua to take Young?

I know who I'd be taking if I was staring at Dwayne Haskins under center next year.

#29 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

I know who I'd be taking if I was staring at Dwayne Haskins under center next year.

I would be a little surprised if Washington has the guts to do that, but I would consider it, if I were them.

If healthy Tua is better than Haskins.

@mikeghg

#30 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:02 PM

I would be a little surprised if Washington has the guts to do that, but I would consider it, if I were them.

Young is too good to pass up. Can't see them trading back if a team might want Tua. The Lions would grab Young.

#31 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:03 PM

Washington should hope they can trade the pick.

Haskins has a nice upside, you have to see what you have with him.

Young is awesome but would rather have some extra high picks and end up with a great lineman or Simmons or something like that.

#32 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,136 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:01 PM

Washington should hope they can trade the pick.

Haskins has a nice upside, you have to see what you have with him.

Young is awesome but would rather have some extra high picks and end up with a great lineman or Simmons or something like that.

You don't have to see what you have with him if you think you can move toward contention faster by drafting a better QB and trading him instead. If they really believe in Tua then they have to take him over trading. No single player of any position makes half the difference of a franchise QB. Arizona took this same gamble after their Josh Rosen misstep, and even though they didn't have a great season, I think they're still in better position with Murray than they were previously.

I'm not saying they will do it, but I know if I was them I'd be giving it heavy consideration.

#33 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,136 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:05 PM

Totally agree. I think we could all be in for a shocker at that pick.

#34 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:16 PM

I’m sure they like Tua more than Haskins and they certainly could go the Cardinals route.

But Tua is a huge risk. That risk outweighs his talent imo...at least that high in the first round, especially when you just drafted a QB.

But it’s a new regime and they may not like Haskins.

#35 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

If they stay at 2 and dont take young, they're idiots. Young is dominant. And you just took Haskins who didn't look totally inept as a rookie. They take Young, and they have one of the best front 7's in football. SF has proven this year what that can get you.

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,015 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:39 PM

they're idiots

It's Washington.

#37 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:37 PM

I’m sure they like Tua more than Haskins and they certainly could go the Cardinals route.

But Tua is a huge risk. That risk outweighs his talent imo...at least that high in the first round, especially when you just drafted a QB.

But it’s a new regime and they may not like Haskins.

I think your right, and its possible Tua drops significantly, but someone is going to take a shot and the reward may be high.

@mikeghg

#38 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,136 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:26 PM

If they stay at 2 and dont take young, they're idiots. Young is dominant. And you just took Haskins who didn't look totally inept as a rookie. They take Young, and they have one of the best front 7's in football. SF has proven this year what that can get you.

No matter how good Young is, his impact on the game as a not-quarterback will always be less than an elite quarterback.

If they think Tua could be elite, I think there's every argument to be made that he could be worth the pick.

Whether they think that or not is another story. I guess we'll see.

#39 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:53 AM

No matter how good Young is, his impact on the game as a not-quarterback will always be less than an elite quarterback.

If they think Tua could be elite, I think there's every argument to be made that he could be worth the pick.

Whether they think that or not is another story. I guess we'll see.

It makes no sense. Haskins is a 1st rounder and didn't look bad as a rookie. You have to do your due diligence and see what you got with him. In the mean time, you grab an elite edge rusher.

Position for position, yes, QB is more important. But if you have a guy with a high ceiling like Haskins already, taking another QB with a high ceiling over the elite edge rusher is idiotic. Especially when one QB has a year in and looked decent as a rookie. Why start over with another QB ?

As the Skins, you HAVE to take Young. They're not going to the superbowl next year, take the guy who could be the next Mack. Give yourself a dominant front 7 as a start for your rebuild. And work from there. I'd understand if Haskins looked totally inept every time out. But he awarded himself the chance to go forward as the starter.

#40 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:56 AM

I think your right, and its possible Tua drops significantly, but someone is going to take a shot and the reward may be high.

He will be a pick that’s worth it to some teams. There’s no doubt about that.

But at #2? I don’t think so.

I do think if teams are convinced his hip will be ok, that he will go #2...whether DC stays or trades the pick is TBD.

But I also think that’s a mistake. That means either DC is going all in on him or it means someone has given up a lot of draft capital to get him.

Whatever you think of his talent is largely irrelevant. I think he could be really good too.

However, his injury history, even before the hip, always gave me pause and an injury like his hip? That’s bad news.

No way I’m putting the weight of my franchise on that fragile body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=