21 replies to this topic

#1 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:18 AM

Sounds like he is also meeting the Orioles in Minnesota today. Wonder if one of the catchers is hurt.

AAA: .385/.579/.385 (.964), 2 RBI, 13 AB

AA: .294/.400/.412 (.812), 2 doubles, 4 RBI, 17 AB

#2 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:57 AM

Nope, Sucre DFA’d.

#3 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:09 PM

AAA: .264/.351/.335 (.686), 5 doubles, 3 HR, 25 RBI, 197 AB

AA: .294/.400/.412 (.812), 2 doubles, 4 RBI, 17 AB

wRC+: 82

wOBA: .314

BB%: 10.9%

K%: 15.2%

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 08:21 PM

MASN: Wynns expected to join Orioles for upcoming homestand
https://www.masnspor...-homestand.html

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 May 2021 - 09:05 PM

Someone is getting DFA’d.  I guess Sisco, but I will not lose any sleep over Pedro

@mikeghg

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 May 2021 - 09:40 PM

I wonder if the Matt Harvey experience is about to end as the Orioles will need 2 roster spots,  Wynn and Hunter Harvey seem to be on the way to add to the pennant race push,   :-P

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

#7 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 May 2021 - 11:03 PM

Someone is getting DFA’d.  I guess Sisco, but I will not lose any sleep over Pedro

Should definitely be Sisco, Sevy's done a better job at hitting by quite a bit

she/her

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 May 2021 - 07:27 AM

Should definitely be Sisco, Sevy's done a better job at hitting by quite a bit

Pedro is a better hitter than Sisco,  but so is my 5 year old grandson.  Neither are very good defensively.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#9 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 May 2021 - 08:54 AM

Pedro is a better hitter than Sisco, but so is my 5 year old grandson. Neither are very good defensively.

He (Pedro) is. But not hitting well at all this year so far. Just one home run through Memorial Day? OPS+ of 74. It was right around 100 the past 2 seasons. He needs to get going.

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:23 PM

Outright to AAA.

@mikeghg

#11 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 08:50 AM

Here's Wynns getting called out on strikes for not being in the batters' box soon enough between pitches.  The opposing pitcher ended up striking out the side on 8 pitches, despite throwing a ball to Wynns.

Hernandez K's side on 8 pitches | 04/16/2022 | MiLB.com

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#12 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 11:01 AM

Well that's a rule I hope doesn't make its way to MLB.

• Mike B likes this

#13 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 11:32 AM

It's a brand new rule, so the umpires are enforcing it pretty strictly for now, but it's had great results - the average game times have dropped by close to a half hour.  I say bring it on.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLSteveBirrer like this

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 April 2022 - 12:10 PM

It's a brand new rule, so the umpires are enforcing it pretty strictly for now, but it's had great results - the average game times have dropped by close to a half hour.  I say bring it on.

If they can cut enough time, then they will be able to re-allocate that half hour into more commercial time and the $$$ that follow.

@mikeghg

#15 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 19 April 2022 - 12:21 PM

It's a brand new rule, so the umpires are enforcing it pretty strictly for now, but it's had great results - the average game times have dropped by close to a half hour. I say bring it on.

Agreed. We talked about it on the show last night but it’s not about how long games are, just cut out as much time between action/pitches as possible.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#16 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 05:21 PM

https://www.telegram...act/7344820001/

I posted an article that goes into detail about the rules. I am Meh on the 14 & 19 second pitch rules. While I think that should be enough time, I can see where some of these pitchers feel like they are being rushed. Just make the pitch clock 24 seconds no matter what the situation is.

I'm confused by the description of the mound disengagement rule. My guess is that a pickoff attempt counts as a disengagement. If that's the case, a baserunner can pretty much walk down to second after the second pickoff attempt. Bad rule because it impacts the strategy of the game. Making a third pickoff attempt a balk is a bastardization of the rules. Throw over six times if you want. Wear that runner out.

I think a better rule for the batter is that you have to always have one foot in the box to take signals. I don't have a problem with only one request for time per at bat. Overall, I hope these rules are not implemented in MLB.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#17 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 08:26 AM

https://www.telegram...act/7344820001/

I posted an article that goes into detail about the rules. I am Meh on the 14 & 19 second pitch rules. While I think that should be enough time, I can see where some of these pitchers feel like they are being rushed. Just make the pitch clock 24 seconds no matter what the situation is.

With a 24-second clock as opposed to 14/19 and 250 pitches per game, you just added a half hour back to the game.

#18 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 10:15 AM

With a 24-second clock as opposed to 14/19 and 250 pitches per game, you just added a half hour back to the game.

I'm ok with that.

#19 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 10:27 AM

I'm ok with that.

The entire point of the pitch clock is to shorten games by that half hour.  You're essentially saying you don't want a pitch clock.

#20 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 10:52 AM

The entire point of the pitch clock is to shorten games by that half hour. You're essentially saying you don't want a pitch clock.

Essentially, yes.

I don't like the idea of a clock being used in baseball. It's quite simple, There should be no time limit to the game.The time between pitches could be easily addressed by the teams themselves.

Defenders hate playing behind slow workers. It wears defenses out. Teams should have been teaching their guys to work quicker anyway.

I'm convinced that the pitch clock will be in MLB soon. Manfred is all about speeding up the game. I'll be fine if/when it happens. I dislike the three batter rule for relief pitchers in MLB and the mound disengagement rule that is being implemented in the minors this year much more than the pitch clock. These rules impact in game strategy too much IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=