711 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:34 AM

Well they got me to pay attention to the inactives announcement, at least.

#42 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:36 AM

Oh well. No surprises today. Didn't think even if he was active that they would play him unless it was an emergency after one practice in a month.

Today is the day Lamar has to make his strongest case to keep the job. Expect Flacco to practice in full next week. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#43 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

Williams can not shake that ankle injury. He would have been very nice to have in the lineup today.

#44 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:01 PM

Another player nabbed for recent tweets:

Jeff Z:

Statement from Ravens in response to tweets that came to light today from Ravens FB/DL Patrick Ricard that used the N word: 'The tweets are totally unacceptable and we have addressed the matter with Pat. We expect something to say later today after the game."

This is Ricard's third healthy scratch of the season. The team learned about the racist tweets - the most recent ones were from 2012 - this morning.

#45 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:06 PM

Activating Flacco at this point is a huge gamble for the Ravens, both physically and fiscally. The former is obvious, and the latter could have huge future cap ramifications should he get hurt.

#46 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:11 PM

The flavor du jour--Go back on someone's social media account and find stuff they said which isn't kosher. Wasn't there a story today (or last night) about some old Kyler Murray tweets about gays? I think it was Yahoo's! lead article. Word to the unwise: It's not a good idea to leave any material out there which could later be used against you.

My question is, who has time to post all of that crap? I guess Patrick Ricard and others.

#47 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:18 PM

According to Jason LaCanfora Joe Flacco is healthy enough to play but is still inactive.  The Ravens are committed to Lamar Jackson the rest of the way.  If that's true, we've most likely seen Joe throw his last pass in a Raven uniform.  

#48 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

I've got some sympathy for the people who have stuff come out that they said when they were young teenagers. This stuff with Murray, which I haven't seen, was when he was 15. I don't think stupid shit you do as a kid should follow you around forever.

I have no sympathy for people who posted stuff as adults and then it comes out years down the road.

The grey area is in the late teens / early twenties age range. I guess it would be case by case depending on the words said and the person's age.

#49 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:23 PM

According to Jason LaCanfora Joe Flacco is healthy enough to play but is still inactive.  The Ravens are committed to Lamar Jackson the rest of the way.  If that's true, we've most likely seen Joe throw his last pass in a Raven uniform.  

I don't much stock into LaCanfora. Here is the whole quote.

"Rookie Lamar Jackson will remain the Ravens QB down the stretch, barring a collapse. Sources said Joe Flacco is healthy enough to play, he's inactive today. Coaches and players have galvanized around Jackson and his ball control offense."

Take out of that what you will.

If the first line is true, Flacco is as good as gone at seasons end.

The second part, I don't know I buy it, he practiced fully Friday for the first and only time in a month. Rapaport said Flacco still has a small tear in his hip. I'm not a doctor, but can't a small tear lead to bigger tear? Which is it? 

The third part, the Ravens are flat out winning, and thats all the players and coaches care about. Wouldn't be surprised that those in the locker room are rallying around a winner. If Flacco plays again, and wins, they will rally around him too. I don't think the locker room is taking sides like the fans are. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#50 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:29 PM

As I alluded to above, playing Flacco at this stage is a tremendous gamble, at least from a financial standpoint. Should he play and get hurt, the Ravens could be in a huge cap bind next season since teams cannot release injured players until they're cleared.

#51 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

I've got some sympathy for the people who have stuff come out that they said when they were young teenagers. This stuff with Murray, which I haven't seen, was when he was 15. I don't think stupid shit you do as a kid should follow you around forever.

I have no sympathy for people who posted stuff as adults and then it comes out years down the road.

The grey area is in the late teens / early twenties age range. I guess it would be case by case depending on the words said and the person's age.

Agreed. At 15, you don't know shit about shit. At 17, you know just a tiny bit more. At 18, you're expected to be held accountable for your actions. Seems abrupt that one day you are a child and the next day you are an adult and can vote and go die for your country, etc...

At 18 though 19, maybe that is when you get told, "hey you're an adult, knock that shit off." 19 and over though, no excuses. 

EDIT: In Ricard's care the most recent tweets were from 2012 when he was 17-18 years old.

@BSLMikeRandall

#52 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:38 PM

Tim Williams.  Man, hoped he was going to take a leap this year.  Disappointing.

Same here. I thought Bowser was going to be a breakout guy. I think the only time I heard his name was on a penalty last week. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#53 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

More often than not, even the bad Ravens teams, got up for big games. This is a big one. Let’s go get it!!

@BSLMikeRandall

#54 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:02 PM

So Harbaugh thinks they will have Flacco back next week.

He has been cleared.

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:03 PM

KC starting on offense.

#56 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members