Dagger is right.  That was crushing.

#122 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

Ugh. They deserved to go to a bowl. They just shot themselves in the foot too many times

#123 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:34 PM

Today and Temple should have been wins. MD more talent than either.

Moore hurt too.  Lots of injuries today.

#124 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,999 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

I think they win if Canada goes to Piggy earlier. No justification for sticking with him after his poor play culminting with that ridiculous interception. Have to pull him after that. Instead he starts the next drive and turns it over leading to 7 for Indiana. If that is a Terps score with Piggy instead, it's a different game.

#125 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,513 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

If we're going to write the epilogue on this season, and we may as well considering what's left on the schedule, everything begins and ends with the McNair tragedy obviously. Then of course you have the supposed leaders of the university who let everyone down....and inexplicably some of them still remain at their posts. With all that as a backdrop, it's really hard to parse out how the players performed and their future prospects. As much as they stuck together and played hard week in and week out, I have to think it's impossible that the grief, confusion and even getting backstabbed didn't play some role in how they executed. And because of that the season won't end the way I'm sure they had hoped....spending a few days somewhere nice playing in a bowl game.

Unfortunately, the future looks as bleak as the present does soul-crushing. There's been no indication, at least that has made it to the public, that the current staff will remain or who might replace them. And considering the character of those who will be making that decision, I imagine there are a lot of players mulling their future options right now. With just over a month until the early singing period, they barely have what could be considered a recruiting class. Pile on top of that the always unforgiving specter of playing in the division they are in, and there would seem to be nothing appealing about the job other than to say there are so few others like it.

So, yeah. I feel optimistic.

• NewMarketSean likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=