Recruiting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#21 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:50 PM

I would never consider sending a loved one to Penn State..their situation was just as bad.

Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#22 bob12345

bob12345
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

well DJ Durkin is out of the picture now. How will that affect Maryland recruiting, especially in this area?

#23 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,359 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:19 PM

well DJ Durkin is out of the picture now. How will that affect Maryland recruiting, especially in this area?

Probably not much. MD was getting a little better getting the top-end kids in the area under Durkin, but seemed to be falling back in the 2019 class (none of Top 10 in the state on 24x7's list are going to UM) even before McNair died. And they are unlikely to be able to bring in someone who can immediately change that.

#24 ShoNuff07

ShoNuff07
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:33 PM

Probably not much. MD was getting a little better getting the top-end kids in the area under Durkin, but seemed to be falling back in the 2019 class (none of Top 10 in the state on 24x7's list are going to UM) even before McNair died. And they are unlikely to be able to bring in someone who can immediately change that.

From the previous Sun board the guys on there swears that current Howard University Head Coach Mike London was a very good recruiter, particularly this area.

• ECF likes this

#25 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Who does Howard have from this area?

#26 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,359 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:40 PM

From the previous Sun board the guys on there swears that current Howard University Head Coach Mike London was a very good recruiter, particularly this area.

His territory was more the Hampton Roads area of VA than the DC area. But yeah, he was a good recruiter.

#27 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

Who does Howard have from this area?

I know they have a kid that was considered the top 8th grade player in the area years ago. He had some issues and moved around, think last played at St. Mary’s, then finished high school in the Seattle area. Kid named Freddy Cooper. Played for Hamilton.

#28 City40blast

City40blast
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:37 AM

He was not the top 8th grade player in the area, and not even one of their top 3 backs that year. Howard has mostly VA kids and Terps need a younger coach in the Lincoln Riley mode.

#29 Rm7

Rm7
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:01 AM

Mike London would just be a stop gap imo great guy but below avg coach and ok recruiter.  27-46 overall and at UVA his recruiting classes ranked 67th (pass 1st year), 25th, 27th, 28th, 41st, and 43rd. 

Mike Locksley would be the worse thing MD could do.  There's a reason why he's bounced around so much, but if MD thought he was the right guy they would kept him after his 1-5 interm stint.  But as a head coach he was 3-31 overall with scandal all around him, and he was canned both time with Zook. 

UMD needs to start from scratch, and maybe look a Canada also if this teams reaches a bowl.  

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:22 AM

This thread is fine for general HS Recruiting. If the posting is UMD specific, that discussion should be in the MD Football section.

Please have Terps related talk in the Terps section.... and save this thread for general local recruiting news.

#31 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:39 AM

Yes director in chief 10-4
  • ECF likes this

#32 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:30 AM

People used to get mad at me for saying the same thing on the Sun board when they talked anything other than HS sports. There is a college football recruiting board on BSL. It’s not like you’re talking about the recruitment of student athletes. Some of y’all are talking about prospective coaching hires at MD and other non-HS related BS.

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:13 AM

Yes director in chief 10-4

I sent you a PM the other day, respond to it.

#34 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:28 PM

I know they have a kid that was considered the top 8th grade player in the area years ago. He had some issues and moved around, think last played at St. Mary’s, then finished high school in the Seattle area. Kid named Freddy Cooper. Played for Hamilton.

Freddy had no issues. His father was the head coach at St. Marys. He went there. Wife got a job in Seattle and then he moved and played for Seattle O’Dea which is a top 5 program there. Had some west Coast fcs offers but wanted to be on the east coast and Howard is Howard, which is an amazing academic school.

#35 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Freddy had no issues. His father was the head coach at St. Marys. He went there. Wife got a job in Seattle and then he moved and played for Seattle O’Dea which is a top 5 program there. Had some west Coast fcs offers but wanted to be on the east coast and Howard is Howard, which is an amazing academic school.

I should have stated it better. Meant he had issues as to what school he was attending. He was linked to multiple schools before ending up at St. Mary’s.

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:14 AM

Who are the best uncommitted locals in the Class of '19?

Who do you think the recruiting services (247, Rivals, etc) have overlooked?

#37 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:22 AM

TBH this years class of 19 is solid but thin the kids that have D 1 offers are the kids that suppose to have them .

The rb kid from Howard has nothing

Mervo has a few players I think could play FCS or FBS

Dixon from Gilman is under recruited imo

Lennon and Wooden from C Hall are under recruited imo

SF has some top end talent that’s was a little under recruited imo so that shows that the 19 class really didn’t move schools like 20 and 21 will imo.

I hope Locks gets tbe Md job for the sake of the kids in the area but Canadas done I don’t think too many kids want any parts of that old regime
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#38 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:56 AM

I was told that Wooden could have committed to Army during a recent visit but he didn’t. It’s understandable. The military life ain’t for everyone but I think West Pount would be a perfect spot for him. The service academies excel at taking “tweeners” and building them into very good FBS players. Army has also caught up to Navy & Air Force in the fight for the C in C trophy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=