• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:47 PM

Chris Hogan, former Super Bowl Champion for the Patriots, has declared for the PLL Entry Draft. He is in the pool of players to be picked come March 25th.

Hogan has not played competitive lacrosse since graduating from Penn State in 2010. He played in 5 games for the Jets this season, catching 14 balls for 118 yards. 

What is your take about Hogan in the PLL?

Still have his athleticism at-least to some degree. Cool for him for wanting to go back and pick up the stick. Obviously has to be some rust there. 

#22 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:00 AM

ICYMI: Yesterday, Paul Rabil was traded from Atlas to Cannons, the team he started with in the MLL. 

The PLL teams also released their protected rosters for the Expansion Draft on March 11, when the Cannons select their team from the pool of players who were not protected. Here is the link for each team's protected roster: https://premierlacro...draft-central/ 

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:02 PM

538: The Premier Lacrosse League Is Trying To Change The Game

https://fivethirtyei...hange-the-game/

• DuffMan likes this

#24 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:04 AM

538: The Premier Lacrosse League Is Trying To Change The Game

https://fivethirtyei...hange-the-game/

That's a good read.  Rabil has really done a ton to try and grow the professional game.

#25 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:43 AM

That's a good read.  Rabil has really done a ton to try and grow the professional game.

At least for me, Lacrosse was a hard sport to play, I guess because I never played until Jr High.

#26 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:12 PM

At least for me, Lacrosse was a hard sport to play, I guess because I never played until Jr High.

My biggest complaint about the game is the stick technology,  the men's pockets have gotten so damn deep it's almost impossible for the ball to come out.

#27 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 05:59 PM

My biggest complaint about the game is the stick technology,  the men's pockets have gotten so damn deep it's almost impossible for the ball to come out.

I dont think its necessarily the depth. Depth has stayed the same since I've been a kid. The technology of the mesh/heads has changed a ton. East Coast Dyes/Stringking have done a lot to increase the technology of the stick

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 08:14 PM

Balt Sun: Premier Lacrosse League to return to Homewood Field in Baltimore in 2021

#29 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 April 2021 - 10:41 AM

I dont think its necessarily the depth. Depth has stayed the same since I've been a kid. The technology of the mesh/heads has changed a ton. East Coast Dyes/Stringking have done a lot to increase the technology of the stick

I missed this post last month, sorry for just responding now.

You're about 15 years younger than me and when I was a kid the pockets weren't that deep :) Course when I was a kid boys weren't using mesh pockets (they were just filtering in)  Having said that a big part of it has to do with the officials getting away.  I see it all the time on tv or in a picture, you can clearly see daylight between the ball and the side wall of the stick.  When was the last time a player was penalized for that?  I do believe that the technology of the heads is having a big effect on this as well.

#30 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 April 2021 - 10:41 AM

Balt Sun: Premier Lacrosse League to return to Homewood Field in Baltimore in 2021

Dang my family is going to be out of town when the PLL comes to Baltimore.

#31 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:17 AM

The PLL college draft was on Monday night. Two Terps names were called in Jared Bernhardt (Chaos) and Nick Grill (Whipsnakes). Full results are below:

https://premierlacro...m/draft-central

#32 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 01:46 PM

Waterdogs getting Brownie by trade and then Sowers in the draft is a great revamp of their offense. Last year they relied too heavily on Kelly initiating from up top. Having some threats down low is big.

Really pumped to be at Homewood for some games, because Hopkins sure as hell isn’t giving anything worth cheering for.

#33 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:58 PM

Waterdogs getting Brownie by trade and then Sowers in the draft is a great revamp of their offense. Last year they relied too heavily on Kelly initiating from up top. Having some threats down low is big.

Really pumped to be at Homewood for some games, because Hopkins sure as hell isn’t giving anything worth cheering for.

Just traded for Gobrecht on defense as well, they sure have loaded up this offseason

#34 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 07:05 PM

BJ Grill in all of his 5’6” glory isn’t enough, so I’m happy about a full size defender. Goalie was a weak spot too, and Ward should be an upgrade on DeLuca and Cipriano.

I think these changes are enough to get them middle of the pack, but likely not into the top-tier… yet!

#35 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:23 PM

Disappointed in the quality of the stream. Coming through pretty grainy on my end. It’s almost like they added an Instagram filter or something.

#36 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 07:46 PM

Been a great game to watch, back and forth with a lot of runs. I was definitely on the “Rabil Too Old” Train, but he’s still launching some rockets. That step down was classic Rabil.

TD just continues to be a beast, although if I recall, Kelly was awful in the bubble last year too.

#37 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 05:25 PM

The best games bookended the weekend, with Friday night and Sunday evening being the most competitive. Games in between weren't all that interesting to watch. 

Unfortunately, the story of the weekend ended up being Austin Staats biting off a chunk of Matt Gaudet's finger in a hotel brawl. Really messed up...

• SamKuhn likes this

#38 SamKuhn

SamKuhn

HOF

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:18 AM

Chris Hogan is set to make his debut on Saturday at 12pm when the Cannons play the Whipsnakes on NBC. PLL trying to get as many eyes as possible to the first NBC game of the year

#39 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:28 AM

I'll be interested to see if Hogan's still got it, or if this is more of a gimmick to garner interest and viewers (I'm sure Rabil was behind him joining the Cannons).

Feels like the latter, especially since they've been teasing this for several months now. But it's not like he's that far removed from playing in the NFL, so I'd imagine he's at least more physically prepared than most PLL players.

#40 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:49 AM

I have very low hopes for Hogan, just because I don’t see how you can spend a decade away from the game and still play at the highest level, even as a superior athlete. It was always going to be good press to draw eyes to the league, but especially needed after last weekend.

Im excited to see the dogs double dip this weekend, although the Sowers injury hurts. He seemed to be the only player who could generate individual offense and Copelan doesn’t seem to scheme up players to utilize their strengths, similar to last season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=